Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

03/07/2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-341178 said: One of the best you've seen in years? WOW... I am so honored.
(Quote) Patrick-341178 said:

One of the best you've seen in years? WOW... I am so honored.

I respectfully disagree with you on #4. That is just a natural reaction in a man. My experience in dating is that when it starts to take more of a serious turn, the woman seems to want to monopolize all of the man's time. Thus, the man starts to resent the woman's actions and tries to distance himself from her.

The woman shouldn't freak out about this. Just work with the man and give him more space. He will then likely appreciate the woman and want to spend even more time with her.

--hide--

I know a girl in this situation. The guy has SERIOUS anxiety from a past relationship, and even though they've talked about dating for almost two years now and he's told her he really likes her, he can't get over his anxiety. I think his fiance called off their engagement years ago and he's never gotten over it. So, now this girl is stuck waiting for him to get past his issues. How long should she wait? Maybe this is a subject for a new forum topic...

03/07/2013 new
(Quote) Patrick-341178 said: he started it..... lol

he started it..... lol

--hide--

Thanks for making me laugh! laughing
03/07/2013 new

(Quote) Hannah-708610 said: I know a girl in this situation. The guy has SERIOUS anxiety from a past relationship, ...
(Quote) Hannah-708610 said:

I know a girl in this situation. The guy has SERIOUS anxiety from a past relationship, and even though they've talked about dating for almost two years now and he's told her he really likes her, he can't get over his anxiety. I think his fiance called off their engagement years ago and he's never gotten over it. So, now this girl is stuck waiting for him to get past his issues. How long should she wait? Maybe this is a subject for a new forum topic...

--hide--

mmmm..... don't know..... sounds like this guy has issues far more serious than I was talking about... maybe he should talk to a priest or try counseling....

03/07/2013 new

(Quote) Jacqueline-556574 said: Look at this Two seemingly intelligent men having to argue a point. Black and white...
(Quote) Jacqueline-556574 said:

Look at this

Two seemingly intelligent men having to argue a point. Black and white. White and black. One must win, one must lose. Where is the teamwork?
--hide--

I regret I must decline to fight. I cant see the fight or what he got upset about but as it is spreading I am prepared to switch language. I merely said an explaination may be a good idea. Not angry, not rude, not trying to fight, not winning points or scoring anything. Just replying to assertion I was upset at his comment and my reply was angry.

It wasnt I wasnt and I really dont care. Sorry, and teamwork?????????????? What has that got to do with the poor syntax and sementics? I dont see the relationship, sorry sad

03/07/2013 new

(Quote) Jacqueline-556574 said: And so why do we women, wonder and ponder why men cannot do a relationship? Look at who we are rele...
(Quote) Jacqueline-556574 said: And so why do we women, wonder and ponder why men cannot do a relationship? Look at who we are relegated to. Men cannot expect that they can lead a relationship or a family, if they do not know how to communicate or negotiate, with us or among themselves.

If men act as children in dating, they cannot be respected to lead much of anything or anybody.
--hide--

I am not a child but thanks anyway, relationship building has nothing to do with good English. I was following the Jungian theory that the subconscience is often expressed unknowingly through our writings and reponses. When you had to Maslows theory of need development you get the response I got.

I mistakenly thought it was a mere suggestion and positive at that clearly I was wrong and immature. My appologies to you and Patrick and any other aggrieved person. If you believe men cant communicate, negotiate or work in a team well....... Cant do much about entrenched stereotypes, or assumptions though not my department sad rolling eyes hug

03/07/2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-341178 said: mmmm..... don't know..... sounds like this guy has issues far more serious ...

mmmm..... don't know..... sounds like this guy has issues far more serious than I was talking about... maybe he should talk to a priest or try counseling....

--hide--

You better not be talking about me sunshine........ You have broken the sites rule by personal attack, Grow up or I will report you. The only issues I have is with people who cant see a simple comment saying an explation to someone is a good and twisting my words. As for seeing a Priest or counseling I AM A PARISH COUNCILOR, so feel free to appologise anytime you are big enough to do so.

03/07/2013 new

(Quote) Jacqueline-556574 said: But a dating relationship, or pre-dating relationship is not merely a social situation: it ...
(Quote) Jacqueline-556574 said:

But a dating relationship, or pre-dating relationship is not merely a social situation: it is getting to know someone on the premise that there is a romantic interest. There is a very big difference between the two.

In a real-time dating situation, if I found that someone I agreed to date, was simultaneously dating others, he would not get one date out of me.
--hide--

I stopped dating a girl when I was in my 30's and she was in her 20's because she started dating someone else; she was an attractive woman.

We are both still single 20 years later; the guy that she was dating became a priest...and she is not nearly as attractive as she used to be and is overweight.

I still like her personality and she now would like to date me exclusively, even though we live far apart. Since I still like her personality and consider her a friend, I am still keeping my options open...I think friendships are valuable especially since I don't have a lot of them here in SC after moving from Ohio where there were more single Catholics.

I think that if I was really in love with her I wouldn't have joined this site and I'm sure others here are in a similar situation.

03/07/2013 new

(Quote) Ronald-937125 said: I stopped dating a girl when I was in my 30's and she was in her 20's because sh...
(Quote) Ronald-937125 said:

I stopped dating a girl when I was in my 30's and she was in her 20's because she started dating someone else; she was an attractive woman.

We are both still single 20 years later; the guy that she was dating became a priest...and she is not nearly as attractive as she used to be and is overweight.

I still like her personality and she now would like to date me exclusively, even though we live far apart. Since I still like her personality and consider her a friend, I am still keeping my options open...I think friendships are valuable especially since I don't have a lot of them here in SC after moving from Ohio where there were more single Catholics.

I think that if I was really in love with her I wouldn't have joined this site and I'm sure others here are in a similar situation.

--hide--
Overweight can be fixed but a lousy personality is harder to fix. Since you still do like her I'd say that is a good sign. You can't blame her for what she did in her twenties. Who didn't do stupid things in that age?

03/07/2013 new

(Quote) Dan-656122 said: I wouldn't worry about why a guy does this or why a guy does that, because it gives me ...
(Quote) Dan-656122 said:

I wouldn't worry about why a guy does this or why a guy does that, because it gives me the feel that you're trying to fix him to be the man you're looking for. To put it in the words of a psychologist I like, "When you walk into a pet store and purchase a porcupine you'll walk out with a porcupine, it's not going to turn into a soft, cuddly puppy when you walk out the door." That's the way it is with men. When you find a player or commitment phobe, you'll have a player or commitment phobe, don't try to turn him into something he's not.......a committed man. If he's not willing to be mono a mono with you, then kick him to the curb and move on to the next. It's that simple. Not trying to sound harsh, just laying it on the line.

--hide--

clap Well said, Dan!

03/07/2013 new

Buh..Bye...

This topic has been automatically locked due to size. Any further discussion can be continued in a new topic.
Posts 191 - 200 of 200