Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Jun 9th 2013 new
I had a woman say that MUCH later than I did in my most serious relationship and it was disturbing to wait that long. However, I don't mind when a woman admits her feelings. Recently, a less mature mid 30s lady I met on a site for rural singles did most of the pursuing and that was just too much and over the top. So admission of stronger feelings, etc. is fine. Just don't mention it all the time. Pursuit and chasing is too much, for me, though, when I'm not doing any chasing or much pursuit myself.
Jun 9th 2013 new
I'm glad to read some of these responses about just calming down and letting relationships "blossom" like a flower. I like that analogy. Sometimes we just want to rush ahead and share all of ourselves very early on, and that is not healthy. I'm learning to just enjoy life's little moments, pray, and leave the rest up to God.

Jun 9th 2013 new
(quote) Mary-251045 said: Are men scared away by a woman with short hair -even though that is the style that suits her the best.
IMO, I think some men might prefer that women have long hair, but being scared by short hair??!! that's another issue. eyepopping wide eyed
Again, IMHO, I believe women should wear a hair style that suits them. A man who demands that a woman NOT cut her hair is a bit controlling, wouldn't you say?
Jun 9th 2013 new
(quote) Annie-939836 said: That's really helpful. Thanks. It gives me a good perspective.
I don't mean to assume that was my post you were responding to, but if in the event that it was, then you're very welcome.
Jun 12th 2013 new
No one should demand anything. . . .that said, Jackie Kennedy/Grace Kelly haircuts never go out of style. I like women with square faces, and that cut suits it. . . .
Jun 13th 2013 new
Just my quick opinion, and granted we don't know each other, but my thought is that I don't think I would find you intimidating :) You may have a different personality than me, but that is okay. I am an introvert, but some of my closest friends are extroverts. I think, often, the difference can be complimentary. I think the only time I tend to take issue with people who are more outgoing is when they look down on me because I am not like them. But my friends don't do that :)

And I just wanted to add, about wanting so much just to find some special person. I get it. I really do. I just wanted to offer you my encouragement :)
Jun 13th 2013 new
(quote) Annie-939836 said: I have a few questions, mainly for the gentlemen, but ladies can answer as well if they have some insight. I am a pretty bold person, sometimes too bold perhaps including being really talkative and honest about my feelings, especially when I just want things to happen when I see potential (which suggests that I don't always want to let God be in control of the relationship area of my life). I feel as though I scare many guys away with my talkative and forward personality, being too honest;). And then I have moments where I get scared and just completely back away when I am faced with the possibility of someone being interested in me because I don't want to them to think that I am crowding them or being bothersome. There may be an obvious answer but how do I calm myself down? Is it more appropriate to let the man say how he feels instead of admitting my feelings first? Will a guy say something about how he truly feels or is it more common for a guy to be too shy to express those feelings until awhile later? I don't want to scare guys away or make them feel uncomfortable or make them think that I don't like them, but sometimes I feel as though I don't have a guy because of those very reasons. Help!
Just referring to the original post
Jun 13th 2013 new
Being open, talkative, is the perfect way to be, it put's us at ease and we feel more safe to engage and interact. What drives me nuts is when the opposite happens, I have to carry the conversation, initiate and and all gestures towards it moving along in the direction I desire, and all the while, not knowing if what is felt is mutual, so often misread the situation in the past, I just remain reserved and in a way, I do put up a hedge around my heart until I get to know her in depth as friends and only friends at first.

Keep being open and take note, most guys are far more shy in this area then you can imagine, in a way more shy then you gals, myself included.

Hope this helps, God bless
Jul 12th 2013 new
Hi Annie,
I'm sure the right guy will appreciate your straight forward ness and honesty! All I can say is when you're feeling panicked or you feel like you may be moving to fast, just send up a little prayer- God please guide me in this. Another thing that I like to do, but sometimes forget to, is to say a prayer before I log on, sometimes to St Raphael or straight up to God! I find I am much more peaceful and happy about the whole situation when I remember to do this.
Good luck and God bless!!
Mary-Claire
Jul 21st 2013 new
(quote) Annie-939836 said:

I have a few questions, mainly for the gentlemen, but ladies can answer as well if they have some insight. I am a pretty bold person, sometimes too bold perhaps including being really talkative and honest about my feelings, especially when I just want things to happen when I see potential (which suggests that I don't always want to let God be in control of the relationship area of my life). I feel as though I scare many guys away with my talkative and forward personality, being too honest;). And then I have moments where I get scared and just completely back away when I am faced with the possibility of someone being interested in me because I don't want to them to think that I am crowding them or being bothersome. There may be an obvious answer but how do I calm myself down? Is it more appropriate to let the man say how he feels instead of admitting my feelings first? Will a guy say something about how he truly feels or is it more common for a guy to be too shy to express those feelings until awhile later? I don't want to scare guys away or make them feel uncomfortable or make them think that I don't like them, but sometimes I feel as though I don't have a guy because of those very reasons. Help!

I know I'm out of place here, but forthrightly saying you like a guy will *not* make him think you don't like him. It may intimidate him. It may intrigue him. And some guys read their cues so badly that it's the only way you will get him to see any possibility, even if he likes you.
Posts 31 - 40 of 52