Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

03/03/2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: It's now called Swamp Pop, and it is everything from Sam Cook and Percy Sledge genre, to country (...
(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: It's now called Swamp Pop, and it is everything from Sam Cook and Percy Sledge genre, to country (but of the older variety) like Joe Stamply, old cajun waltzes and zydeco.

--hide--
I like that music! Have never heard that name before.

03/03/2013 new

If you care to, you can google KBON and listen live to their broadcasts. Costs $6.00 for a month.

03/03/2013 new

(Quote) Margo-404841 said: I am listening to the first Led Zeppelin album for the first time in what must be 30 years. Inclu...
(Quote) Margo-404841 said:

I am listening to the first Led Zeppelin album for the first time in what must be 30 years. Includes Stairway to Heaven, Black Dog and Whn the Levee Breaks. It certainly has stood up to the test of time. What are some of your favorite vintage songs, performer? How old were you when they came out?

And yes, Stairway to Heaven was the theme of one of my proms. I believe that's the year that prom colors were yellow and green -- described by a male classmate as "John Deere colors."

--hide--

Hi Margo! While cleaning my bedroom today, I was listening to the Eagles and Singers and Songwriters of 1978 and '79 - Baby Come Back, Sad Eyes, What a Fool Believes...

I know this is a Catholic website; however, I think one of the greatest songs of all time is Let's Get it On by Marvin Gaye!! It's a shame he was taken from us so early. Chelle

03/03/2013 new

www.youtube.com

I grew up with this music. They don't write them like that anymore. Sigh. biggrin I miss those Saturday mornings.

03/04/2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: If you care to, you can google KBON and listen live to their broadcasts. Costs $6.00 for a mont...
(Quote) Beverly-936499 said:

If you care to, you can google KBON and listen live to their broadcasts. Costs $6.00 for a month.

--hide--
Thanks, Beverly, I'll tell my dad that. I bet he'd get a kick out of that.

03/04/2013 new

What I'm loving abt the Golden Age of Rock is how much really good stuff is there that I hadn't realized before. For instance, I bought a Doors Greatest Hits album a year ago and listened to it. Inspired writing and masterful performances.

Also, I was one of those persons who preferred the Rolling Stones over the Beatles, who I rediscovered because my son liked them. I developed a whole new appreciation for them.

03/05/2013 new

(Quote) Margo-404841 said: I am listening to the first Led Zeppelin album for the first time in what must be 30 years. Inclu...
(Quote) Margo-404841 said:

I am listening to the first Led Zeppelin album for the first time in what must be 30 years. Includes Stairway to Heaven, Black Dog and Whn the Levee Breaks. It certainly has stood up to the test of time. What are some of your favorite vintage songs, performer? How old were you when they came out?

And yes, Stairway to Heaven was the theme of one of my proms. I believe that's the year that prom colors were yellow and green -- described by a male classmate as "John Deere colors."

--hide--
That reminds me of the tractor salesman whose former girlfriend sent him a John Deere letter. rolling eyes eyebrow faint

03/05/2013 new

youtu.be

youtu.be (notice that all the sound effects except the guitar are done vocally)

03/05/2013 new
My era of music? I'm assuming that means high school to early 20's? A lot of very good music was created by baby boomers. By shear numbers of people, that happened. I will show my age in admitting that I do not believe that much great music was written after the era of the baby boomers.

Rather than an era, I would look to genres for favorites. Contemporary music can also be quite regional. As for favorites, basically I prefer big sound and/or style that is unique. Jazz is a favorite, classic rock, and some light rock. I like the early 60's sound. Probably I was listening to classical music as well as rock 'n roll, in my crib!
03/05/2013 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: That reminds me of the tractor salesman whose former girlfriend sent him a John Deere letter. <...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

That reminds me of the tractor salesman whose former girlfriend sent him a John Deere letter.

--hide--
Ray, that is my kinda humor! Dimple is showing.

Posts 11 - 20 of 61