Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Mar 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: youtu.be youtu.be (notice that all the sound effects ...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

youtu.be

youtu.be (notice that all the sound effects except the guitar are done vocally)

--hide--
Jerry, I love that Mills Brothers piece. All those sound effects sound like a precursor to rap. Interesting!

Mar 5th 2013 new
(Quote) Margo-404841 said: Jerry, I love that Mills Brothers piece. All those sound effects sound like a precursor to rap. Interesting!
(Quote) Margo-404841 said:

Jerry, I love that Mills Brothers piece. All those sound effects sound like a precursor to rap. Interesting!

--hide--
Hi Marge. We grew up listening to my Mom's albums, big band and learning how to waltz in the addition as we called it. She would watch Ed Sullivan with us and loved all the new talent, the Beatles, Elvis (my personal favorite as he was my idol poster and all)' the Monkeys, Linda Rhonstat, Carly Simon, Kenny Rogers, the Jackson Five, the Osmonds, oh so many favorites in the 60 and 70's. Bobby Vinton, Neill Sedaka, Ricky Shelton, oh how you have jogged my slow memory. That was great music then and now. I liked the beat and even the disco music, the styles, the clothes, the hair, psychedelic colors, neon yellow, purple, orange. Wow! Was there ever a more diverse culture? Thanks for the walk down memory lane, fun, fun, fun. We were very protected growing up, three of us girl one year apart and Joey bringing up the rear. We made our own happiness but music was always a part of it. Eileen
Mar 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Margo-404841 said: I am listening to the first Led Zeppelin album for the first time in what must be 30 years. Inclu...
(Quote) Margo-404841 said:

I am listening to the first Led Zeppelin album for the first time in what must be 30 years. Includes Stairway to Heaven, Black Dog and Whn the Levee Breaks. It certainly has stood up to the test of time. What are some of your favorite vintage songs, performer? How old were you when they came out?

And yes, Stairway to Heaven was the theme of one of my proms. I believe that's the year that prom colors were yellow and green -- described by a male classmate as "John Deere colors."

--hide--

I shared with several generations at home ,I remember my mom enjoyed Nat King Cole,Tom Jones;my father Sinatra,my bros Zeppelin and Bee Gee (I started the joke).Precisely my bro´s first love was with this song ( I remember that they ran away together, actually not so far,but you know they had like 13 or 14 old.
Do you remember: then you and me can rock a bell..?,I remember how we enjoyed this song in my school´s parties,includes we had a choreography with my best friend .And the disco era? Wow...Mac arthur park, Saturday night fever,bee gees,what wonderful memories with Air supply.What a wonderful years those !
I love music and such beautiful moments that occurs while we listen.

Mar 5th 2013 new

My sister gave me a CD of James Taylor and Carole King a few years ago -- all their hits, them singing together. It truly touched me that she would remember me in such a personal fashion. Those two performers really affected the way I looked at the world, too. The ad story behind Fire And Rain, and Carole's earthiness and health. Good memories.

Mar 5th 2013 new

Margo, were you listening to Led Zeppelin I or Led Zeppelin IV (ZOSO)? Stairway to heaven and when the levee breaks are on the latter record, which is zeppelins 4th record.

Based on what you have mentioned here are other suggestions up your alley:

Carole King: Tapestry
Neil Young: After the gold rush
David Bowie: The rise and fall of ziggy stardust
Blondie: Parallel lines
The Cars: The Cars
Fleetwood Mac: Rumors

How do I know this? Cause Im a rocker, Im a roller too honey.

Mar 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Ray-914631 said: Margo, were you listening to Led Zeppelin I or Led Zeppelin IV (ZOSO)? Stairway to heaven and when ...
(Quote) Ray-914631 said:

Margo, were you listening to Led Zeppelin I or Led Zeppelin IV (ZOSO)? Stairway to heaven and when the levee breaks are on the latter record, which is zeppelins 4th record.

Based on what you have mentioned here are other suggestions up your alley:

--hide--
It just says Led Zeppelin and is copyright 1971.

Mar 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Ray-914631 said:Carole King: TapestryNeil Young: After the gold rushDavid Bowie: The rise and fall of ziggy sta...
(Quote) Ray-914631 said:

--hide--
I have specific memories abt Rumors, Tapestry and After the Gold Rush. Happy memory with my ex-husb with the Blondie song "and they eat the cars and eat the bars and now they even eat guitars!" Love those lyrics. Recently gought the Bowie Greatest Hits album somewhere for like 50 cents.

Mar 5th 2013 new

I love Carol King's music and James Taylor's, too. My brother introduced Cat Stevens to me by giving me Teaser and the Firecat for a birthday present. Later I bought Tea for the Tillerman. He was a genius, and there's not a bad song on either album. My daughters would listen to him alot, too. I bought the cd's and we would sing along to his music on roadtrips. It's hard to pick one, but I think my favorite is "Peace Train".

Mar 6th 2013 new

The first song I remember being taken with was Seasons in the Sun by Terry Jacks, I was nine and for my birthday had been given a little transitor radio. When I was eleven I asked for three albums lol Kiss Destroyer (I think) because it had Beth on it. Shaun Cassidy and The Bay City Rollers, sort of eclectic, lol.

But, Journey is my all time favorite. And, of course CCR, The Eagles, Boston, Chicago, Led Zepplin, Styx, Foreigner, REO Speedwagon, Jethro Tull,Lynard Skynard. . .:-)

I also like Chris de Burgh, the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, Tom Petty, U2, Guns and Roses, Bon Jovi, Cheap Trick. . .

And, absolutely anything Celtic. . .Loreena McKennitt, Gaelic Storm, The Chieftains. . .

And, I like country :-)

This is actually fun, Pete loved music and could name just about any artist being played. . .not me, I might know the words but not necessarily the artist :-)

Mar 6th 2013 new

I still enjoy listening to early Bob Dylan and Joan Baez. I tend toward accoustic folk and folk-rock from the '60s and '70's. I tend to ignore the current music of popular artists from back in the day (such as the Stones and Dylan) who are still performing. To me, popular music should be the purview of the young, not aging rockers in their 60s and 70s.

Posts 21 - 30 of 61