Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Mar 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Joanne-846477 said: I love Carol King's music and James Taylor's, too. My brother introduced Cat Stevens to ...
(Quote) Joanne-846477 said:

I love Carol King's music and James Taylor's, too. My brother introduced Cat Stevens to me by giving me Teaser and the Firecat for a birthday present. Later I bought Tea for the Tillerman. He was a genius, and there's not a bad song on either album. My daughters would listen to him alot, too. I bought the cd's and we would sing along to his music on roadtrips. It's hard to pick one, but I think my favorite is "Peace Train".

--hide--
The by who lived across the street from me and who [probably was my first sweetheart bought me the 45 version of Cat Stevens' Moon Shadow. Sweet voice, sweet song, sweet memory.

Mar 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Brad-937504 said:... not aging rockers in their 60s and 70s.
(Quote) Brad-937504 said:... not aging rockers in their 60s and 70s.
--hide--

Hey young man - careful with that aging rocker stuff. I feel younger every year! scratchchin Hmmm. Maybe I shouldn't have admitted that - could be a sign of the slide into senility.

Mar 6th 2013 new

I had the cassette version of the Led Zeppelin you are talking about. I played so much it wore out. I was the youngest of 7 kids so I listened to my brothers and sisters stuff all the time. My brother had KISS Destroyer and got me hooked on KISS after that. I can remember listening to Fleetwood Macs, Rumors and Kansas' albums, and who could forget Bostons, More Than a Feeling. Listening to eight tracks was fun, click, click, in the middle of a song, or stacking multiple 45 records together, for added playing time. I was inspired by Van Halen and Randy Rhoads to name a few of my guitar hero's. I never really had sports hero's they were guitar players.

Mar 6th 2013 new

T Rex, Rod Stewart, Motown.... But my older brothers were hippies and introduced me to Cream and Led Zep. In my later teens I fell for the Moody Blues and Barclay James Harvest.

Mar 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Marion-824292 said: T Rex, Rod Stewart, Motown.... But my older brothers were hippies and introduced me to Cream and...
(Quote) Marion-824292 said:

T Rex, Rod Stewart, Motown.... But my older brothers were hippies and introduced me to Cream and Led Zep. In my later teens I fell for the Moody Blues and Barclay James Harvest.

--hide--
Great British bands: Cream, Jethro Tull, Led Zeppelin, the Rolling Stones, Beatles. Then there was Southern rock: Allman Brothers, Marshaall Tucker Band, Lynerd Skynerd (sp?)

I had a huge crush on Cameron Crowe, the Rolling Stone magazine reporter featured in the film Almost Famous. I had a subscription to Rolling Stone, a Rolling Stone sweatshirt.

My brother and other 7th graders in their Catholic school uniforms playing Creedence Clearwater Revival's "Who'll Stop the Rain?"in the school library. I got so tired of that song, but I love the memory.

Mar 7th 2013 new

I can associate with Chicago (Color my World) and Led Zeppelin, The Beatles and Billy Joel, But what do we do with Leo Sayer, Bread, and all that "Disco" stuff for music of our "era" laughing The absolute worst I remember from the disco era was the Ethyl Merman Disco Album! What an abomination!

Mar 7th 2013 new

you know that is the kewl thing about computer any music you desire is here i think and good quality too

Mar 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-928087 said: I can associate with Chicago (Color my World) and Led Zeppelin, The Beatles and Billy Joel, But w...
(Quote) Jerry-928087 said:

I can associate with Chicago (Color my World) and Led Zeppelin, The Beatles and Billy Joel, But what do we do with Leo Sayer, Bread, and all that "Disco" stuff for music of our "era" The absolute worst I remember from the disco era was the Ethyl Merman Disco Album! What an abomination!

--hide--
Just let it go; it's over. We can choose to focus on the happy music memories. I didn't know there was an Ethel Merman disco album! Think that will ever end up as an antique on Antiques Road Show? faint

Mar 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Margo-404841 said: I am listening to the first Led Zeppelin album for the first time in what must be 30 years. Inclu...
(Quote) Margo-404841 said:

I am listening to the first Led Zeppelin album for the first time in what must be 30 years. Includes Stairway to Heaven, Black Dog and Whn the Levee Breaks. It certainly has stood up to the test of time. What are some of your favorite vintage songs, performer? How old were you when they came out?

And yes, Stairway to Heaven was the theme of one of my proms. I believe that's the year that prom colors were yellow and green -- described by a male classmate as "John Deere colors."

--hide--
Kim Wilde's album "select". As I listen to it memories of how my teen room smelled as I sat in it listening to the album comes back, as well as the smell of the perfume of my first love.

Mar 7th 2013 new

Ethel Merman disco..... laughing laughing laughing I will be chuckling over that one all day.

Posts 31 - 40 of 61