Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

03/05/2013 new

Renouncing the Papacy,
Benedict XVI Quotes Guardini

Marian T. Horvat, Ph.D.

www.traditioninaction.org

03/05/2013 new

Thank you David, John, Sean, Elizabeth, William and Thomas for your comments.

There was one sermon that I heard by a priest in which he said there are many fallen away Catholics. We are now a small flock. This small flock believes in the teachings of the Catholic church and remains strong. Some day the fallen away Catholics will see the joy the small flock has in their heart and they will want some of that. Hopefully some day they will return to the Catholic church.

I hope it won't be too late before the fallen away Catholics wake up and return to the Catholic church. Whether they do or they don't, the church will be much stronger now, especially when they continue to weed out all the sexual abuse.

03/05/2013 new

(Quote) William-607613 said: Tom,I think you make my point when I suggest that it's not clear wh...
(Quote) William-607613 said:

Tom,

I think you make my point when I suggest that it's not clear what he actually said.

His words are a little too vague for me to get excited about them.

Will

--hide--

what's vague? holiness is more important than all these silly church factions and politics. he's stressing personal holiness. is there a problem with that? i understand many want the next holy father to wield a nightstick, but forget that the true heart of the church is god's love for us.

03/05/2013 new

(Quote) Denise-687929 said: Thank you David, John, Sean, Elizabeth, William and Thomas for your comments.There was o...
(Quote) Denise-687929 said:

There was one sermon that I heard by a priest in which he said there are many fallen away Catholics. We are now a small flock. This small flock believes in the teachings of the Catholic church and remains strong. Some day the fallen away Catholics will see the joy the small flock has in their heart and they will want some of that. Hopefully some day they will return to the Catholic church.

I hope it won't be too late before the fallen away Catholics wake up and return to the Catholic church. Whether they do or they don't, the church will be much stronger now, especially when they continue to weed out all the sexual abuse.

--hide--

god's plan is written across th ecenturies. if things look bad now, so be it. our job is to remain faithful members of that "small flock". god runs things - not us. the sooner we learn to quit belly-aching because certain things aren;t to our liking and instead focus on being HOLY, the better off the church will be. nothing happens in god's world by mistake. things are as they are for a reason. we don'tneed to push the river. it flows by itself.

03/05/2013 new

(Quote) Sean-851370 said: Renouncing the Papacy,Benedict XVI Quotes Guardini Marian T. Horvat, Ph.D. <...
(Quote) Sean-851370 said:

Renouncing the Papacy,
Benedict XVI Quotes Guardini

Marian T. Horvat, Ph.D.

www.traditioninaction.org

--hide--

you travel far and wide to catalog the faults of others. charity in action?

03/06/2013 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: what's vague? holiness is more important than all these silly church factions and politic...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

what's vague? holiness is more important than all these silly church factions and politics. he's stressing personal holiness. is there a problem with that? i understand many want the next holy father to wield a nightstick, but forget that the true heart of the church is god's love for us.

--hide--

There was nothing practical in what Cardinal Dolan said in this article; you can see that, Dave.

03/06/2013 new

(Quote) William-607613 said: There was nothing practical in what Cardinal Dolan said in this article; you can see th...
(Quote) William-607613 said:

There was nothing practical in what Cardinal Dolan said in this article; you can see that, Dave.

--hide--

Since when is holines practical? Are you looking for additions to the rule book?

03/07/2013 new
(Quote) Denise-687929 said: Thank you David, John, Sean, Elizabeth, William and Thomas for your comments.There was one sermon that...
(Quote) Denise-687929 said:

--hide--

The Catholic Church needs a fundamental reorientation of the sort not seen since the Arian crisis of the 4th century that led to the creation of the monastic movement.

Catholics need to learn the faith and more importantly live it because people judge us on what we do more than what we say.

If the Catholic Church is simply going to be a social service agency then who needs it when you can walk over to your welfare office and get a check?

Things like the Baltimore Catechism that gave the empty whats of the faith do not work in an era when everyone is asking why about everything.
03/08/2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: The Catholic Church needs a fundamental reorientation of the sort not seen since the Arian crisis...
(Quote) John-220051 said:

The Catholic Church needs a fundamental reorientation of the sort not seen since the Arian crisis of the 4th century that led to the creation of the monastic movement.

Catholics need to learn the faith and more importantly live it because people judge us on what we do more than what we say.

If the Catholic Church is simply going to be a social service agency then who needs it when you can walk over to your welfare office and get a check?

Things like the Baltimore Catechism that gave the empty whats of the faith do not work in an era when everyone is asking why about everything.
--hide--

I for one think that the new Pope needs to move away from collegiality and reorganize the Curia to be highly centralized. It's very embarrassing to have the German bishops come out with unfounded statements about the morning-after pill and gives credence to the argument that having collegiality not only undermines the Pope's authority but actually encourages it. Whoever the new Pope is must have the certitude and conviction of past Popes like St. Gregory VII and Paul IV. Only with a Pope like that can we have a fundamental reorientation. The past 3 Popes have focused on the theological/philosophical aspects of Christianity while ignoring the structure of the Church. Part of that has to do with their defense of Vat. II and giving bishops more power. No more meetings. No more conferences. No more committees. The next Pope must come out and say, "This is what we are doing." Roma locutus est. Causa finita est.

03/09/2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: If the Catholic Church is simply going to be a social service agency then who needs it wh...
(Quote) John-220051 said:

--hide--

Indeed. The Church is becoming a slum lord in quite a few places, especially where churches can be closed, demolished and low-income housing put up. I imagine that figures in Catholic Charities and the local dioceses are making quite a bit of $$$ off these schemes. There's a website about these practices in the Diocese of Rochester, NY. I'll try to find it.

In other words, social justice in action! I sometimes call it "ScamChurch." And some wonder why the RC Church is no longer taken seriously.

Posts 11 - 20 of 30