Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Mar 4th 2013 new

Well, I guess now, based upon what my ex-girlfriend's sisters said: I'd be worried about my extroversion. . . because they both told her with my charisma and the way that other women admired it, I was a potential JFK in the fidelity department! They said I made her appear dowdy and uninteresting with my bright clothing and forward manner, even though I was polite and chivalrous. . . so. . . I guess I'd worry about that.

Mar 4th 2013 new

Stop worrying, clean up and study up. Make a positive impression so that if it doesn't work out it'll be because you weren't meant to be. Not because you had tennis shoes on for dinner, a long wild eyebrow hair or a bad type of communicating

(Quote) John-184825 said: What are some of the things that you worry about when you think others are drawing a first impress...
(Quote) John-184825 said:

What are some of the things that you worry about when you think others are drawing a first impression of you?

--hide--

Mar 4th 2013 new
(Quote) John-184825 said: Thanks for the rather complex reply. In this case the complexity is interesting. It seems that you have a mental...
(Quote) John-184825 said:

Thanks for the rather complex reply. In this case the complexity is interesting. It seems that you have a mental picture of more aspects of first-impression possibilities than most people possess.

How much do you think that this awareness helps or hurts your ability to make the kind of first impression that you hope to impart?

--hide--

Well it makes it impossible which is both a little hard, but makes it easier. I wish I could get enough info about me out there because I feel I might be missing out on nice people, but because I know I never will I have to rely on God to just bring the right people at the right time, and people who are truly worth it will hang around long enough for the second or third impression.
Mar 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: I'm the opposite. I tend to be very extroverted at first meeting (and online) but shyer IRL.<...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

I'm the opposite. I tend to be very extroverted at first meeting (and online) but shyer IRL.

I wish there was a rule that said, you are guaranteed THREE "first" impressions before someone is allowed to write you off.

--hide--
Being in an extroverted state on the first date sounds like a good condition from which to start. That three-bites-at-the-date-bait seems reasonable given the large number of people who open up only at a slow pace.

Mar 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Bridgette-868284 said: I'm worried about people thinking I'm 15, because half the time they do. :-/
(Quote) Bridgette-868284 said:

I'm worried about people thinking I'm 15, because half the time they do. :-/

--hide--
The words "fifteen" and "fifty" are often heard incorrectly with one replacing the other in the perception of the listener. As long as what is said is really "fifteen" rather than "fifty", you at least have the better of the two options though even that may not be nifty.

Mar 4th 2013 new

I've finally given up hope about first impressions. I think I give so many mixed messages that I've resigned myself to a lifetime of mistaken first impressions. I guess that's part of who I am. That's why I try to be as honest as possible in my CM profile. I've decided that I'm just a little bit flaky and/or quirky in some respects, which is why I'm a bit of an "acquired taste."

I hope this doesn't sound too negative. I've just learned a lot about myself from meeting so many people who tell me (in a very positive way) some variation of this line: "I never knew you were like that!"

I guess my one worry about first impressions is this: I hope nobody takes me too seriously when they first meet me. wink

Mar 4th 2013 new
(Quote) Bridgette-868284 said: I'm worried about people thinking I'm 15, because half the time they do. :-/
(Quote) Bridgette-868284 said:

I'm worried about people thinking I'm 15, because half the time they do. :-/

--hide--

You'll like this when you get older. I hope I keep getting carded the older I get.
Mar 4th 2013 new
I think I come off as a snob at times, but I'm really just shy.
Mar 4th 2013 new

That's okay Therese, I come off as a snob....but it's because deep down inside me, there is a snobby side. HAHAHA! I try to keep it repressed...but every once in awhile it comes out. At least you can say it's because you are shy!

Mar 4th 2013 new

I'm still carded, but sometimes I think they are just trying to flatter me into a bigger tip.

Posts 11 - 20 of 80