Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Mar 5th 2013 new

We're waiting... wink

Mar 5th 2013 new

(Quote) John-184825 said:The number of woman who are not so sure about the quality of their first impressions is probably high enou...
(Quote) John-184825 said:The number of woman who are not so sure about the quality of their first impressions is probably high enough to provide those men who harbor the same uncertainties with a plentiful supply of woman who are sympathetic to a second date even when the first meeting was not very enjoyable.
--hide--

I would bet not.
I would bet that if both parties were uncertain -- if the first meeting was "good enough" but didn't rock for at least one of them -- nothing is going to happen. sorry

Mar 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: You know what is odd, I never worried about it much until I started this online thing, lol. I am...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

You know what is odd, I never worried about it much until I started this online thing, lol. I am pretty open and fairly transparent. I am genuinely interested in people, their likes and dislikes and I think in this forum that may come across as being too eager or something. But, I would be the same wherever someone met me, online or IRL. I also tend to always be a teacher, ask a question and I feel compelled to answer, usually in detail, :-(. And, just because I am interested in getting to know you, or caring about how your day goes, doesn't mean I want to marry you or be serious. I just want to develop a friendship.

--hide--
Spreading the word about a newly discovered disease can save lives, but can also induce new worries:, "Oh no. One more thing that might kill me!" Bringing a new dating problem to your consciousness, even in the form of advice about dealing with that obstacle, can result in what you described, a new worry where there had not been any worries. Useful information sometimes has the double-edged-sword aspect.

Mar 5th 2013 new

(Quote) John-184825 said: The word "fifteen" can be correctly pronounced with the accent on either syllable, but t...
(Quote) John-184825 said:

The word "fifteen" can be correctly pronounced with the accent on either syllable, but the only correct pronunciation for "fifty" is to accent the first sullable - as far as I have ever read or heard. This mean that if you intend to say, "fifteen", the listener will hear it rightly if you always accent the last syllable in speaking. Unfortunately there is no similar helpful rule for "fifty". I know that was off-topic, but ....

--hide--
Hm, so maybe when people say "Are you fifteen?" I'm hearing them incorrectly and they are actually asking if I'm 50... scratchchin

Mar 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Bridgette-868284 said: Hm, so maybe when people say "Are you fifteen?" I'm hearing them incorrectly an...
(Quote) Bridgette-868284 said:

Hm, so maybe when people say "Are you fifteen?" I'm hearing them incorrectly and they are actually asking if I'm 50...

--hide--
I suppose that that "fifteen" rule is most helpful when you can't hear what was said with great clarity. If there is a lot of distinctness in the words spoken, the presence or absence of an "n" sound at the end of the word suffices to make it dedfinite whether it was "fifteen" or "fifty".

Mar 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: That the first impression wasn't good and I'm written off (or I mistakenly write him off)
(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: That the first impression wasn't good and I'm written off (or I mistakenly write him off)
--hide--
Thanks for a succinct response. I hope that you can transform your writing off into riding off into the sunset with the rite man. cool

Mar 5th 2013 new

(Quote) John-184825 said: What are some of the things that you worry about when you think others are drawing a first impress...
(Quote) John-184825 said:

What are some of the things that you worry about when you think others are drawing a first impression of you?

--hide--

The divorce rate in modern society is a pretty good indicator that favorable first impressions made on our terms are far from predictive of long-term success in a relationship.

If we place our primary focus where it belongs - on God and His will - we would worry far less about things like first impressions. If we develop ourselves and act in accord with God's laws and place out faith in His Divine Providence, then we will make the right impression on the right people. And any bad impressions made will be for our ultimate benefit (the early the chaff is filtered out, the less problems it will cause us).

Mar 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Mike-646924 said: First Impression Worries?! (nope) No Worries it is what it is!
(Quote) Mike-646924 said:

First Impression Worries?! (nope) No Worries it is what it is!

--hide--
Yes, but what is it? Something or nothing or just much ado about nothing?

Mar 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: I would bet not.I would bet that if both parties were uncertain -- if the first meeting w...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

I would bet not.
I would bet that if both parties were uncertain -- if the first meeting was "good enough" but didn't rock for at least one of them -- nothing is going to happen.

--hide--
I only meant that there are enough of those kind of woman to make a difference compared to a world in which every woman were super confident about first impressions. That "comparative difference" might not bring those who'll go for a second meeting above 50 percent, but it will bring it higher than would be the case in a world where every lady was perfectly assured of her first-date performances. Your claim and mine are not mutually exclusive - or so it seems to me.

Mar 6th 2013 new

LOL. laughing

Posts 41 - 50 of 80