Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Mar 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Bridgette-868284 said: I'm worried about people thinking I'm 15, because half the time they do. :-/
(Quote) Bridgette-868284 said:

I'm worried about people thinking I'm 15, because half the time they do. :-/

--hide--
You'll appreciate that when you're 60 Bridgette.... wink

Mar 7th 2013 new

Well, Ray, I'd be concerned about a 60 year woman dressing up as a 15 year old girl, and even more concerned about a 60 year old man dressing up as a 15 year old girl.

Mar 8th 2013 new

(Quote) John-184825 said: What are some of the things that you worry about when you think others are drawing a first impress...
(Quote) John-184825 said:

What are some of the things that you worry about when you think others are drawing a first impression of you?

--hide--

I couldn't think of anything I'd worry about, even when I'm going on a first date face-to-face. I have my prayers and I trust God. Before I go on a first face-to-face date, I usually pray and ask for God's guidance to give me a sign when I see the guy so that if it's meant to be, then it's meant to be. I just have to think positive, act naturally, decent, and just be me. I'm not worried about whatever impression others draw about me, I'm more concern about the impressions I draw about them (e.g. the kind of words that they speak out, their mannerisms/actions, long hairs popping out of their nose, talking with their mouth full of food, smiling with something that got stuck between their teeth, or dirty fingernails).

Mar 8th 2013 new

I am quite shy and do not really talk too much but I always get worried that I would be thought of as being a boring person.

Mar 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Lea-938919 said: I couldn't think of anything I'd worry about, even when I'm going on a first date f...
(Quote) Lea-938919 said:

I couldn't think of anything I'd worry about, even when I'm going on a first date face-to-face. I have my prayers and I trust God. Before I go on a first face-to-face date, I usually pray and ask for God's guidance to give me a sign when I see the guy so that if it's meant to be, then it's meant to be. I just have to think positive, act naturally, decent, and just be me. I'm not worried about whatever impression others draw about me, I'm more concern about the impressions I draw about them (e.g. the kind of words that they speak out, their mannerisms/actions, long hairs popping out of their nose, talking with their mouth full of food, smiling with something that got stuck between their teeth, or dirty fingernails).

--hide--
You're the second woman in this topic to point out that nasal hairs cause vasodilations on a woman's ocular area. Your words have just sent the dating hopes of a lot of men into a nose dive. eyepopping eyebrow

Mar 8th 2013 new

(Quote) John-184825 said: You're the second woman in this topic to point out that nasal hairs cause vasodilations on a w...
(Quote) John-184825 said:

You're the second woman in this topic to point out that nasal hairs cause vasodilations on a woman's ocular area. Your words have just sent the dating hopes of a lot of men into a nose dive.

--hide--

scratchchin I didn't meant to be harsh in any way though. But those 5 things I mentioned are my focus when I first meet with a guy F2F...5 things that tell me a lot about them...about their personality/character. It doesn't matter to me if they wear formal or casual clothing, expensive or cheap cologne; doesn't matter if they are fat average or slender, tall or short, whatever color of hair or eyes they have etc. as long as they posses a neat appearance and also speak intelligently. smile

Mar 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Bridgette-868284 said: I'm worried about people thinking I'm 15, because half the time they do. :-/
(Quote) Bridgette-868284 said:

I'm worried about people thinking I'm 15, because half the time they do. :-/

--hide--

HAHAHA Same here!!!

Mar 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-251045 said: I am quite shy and do not really talk too much but I always get worried that I would be thought of...
(Quote) Mary-251045 said:

I am quite shy and do not really talk too much but I always get worried that I would be thought of as being a boring person.

--hide--
Thanks for mentioning one of things that brings uncomfortable uncertainty to a first date. What are some of the topics about which you like to talk with relatives or close friends?

Mar 9th 2013 new

Thank you for reply to my post.

I am not really into having great conversations I am more your activities sporty woman where the conversation flows naturally. I do not want to discuss academics subjects, that door closed when I finished my studies.

Mar 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-251045 said: Thank you for reply to my post. I am not really into having great conversations I am more...
(Quote) Mary-251045 said:

Thank you for reply to my post.

I am not really into having great conversations I am more your activities sporty woman where the conversation flows naturally. I do not want to discuss academics subjects, that door closed when I finished my studies.

--hide--
in fact, I am looking for the kind of man that thinks I look lovely in a dress and I have not said much ! - not sure I am going to be popular

Posts 51 - 60 of 80