Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Mar 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-825244 said: I'm afraid I'm gonna come off as either a fool or as too quiet. I can be jolly enough in ...
(Quote) Naomi-825244 said:

I'm afraid I'm gonna come off as either a fool or as too quiet. I can be jolly enough in general, but on meeting someone for the first time if it's on a date, I retreat into myself. I don't like boring people and I'm afraid i'll appear as such. Ugh.

--hide--
To worry about coming off as a fool, seems to me to be an unusual worry. I know that it is not impossible, but can you give an example of the kind of appearing foolish that concerns you in a dating situation?

Mar 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Dave-146273 said: If it's in Pencil, Pen, or Paint!
(Quote) Dave-146273 said:

If it's in Pencil, Pen, or Paint!

--hide--
Photoshop.

Mar 10th 2013 new

(Quote) John-184825 said: Photoshop.
(Quote) John-184825 said:

Photoshop.

--hide--

If she's potoshopping me.. then i have nothing to fear! She'll make me look better than i am.. laughing laughing laughing

Mar 10th 2013 new

Just be yourself. Do not worry about first impressions. Be true to yourself and the right person will come along. Pray and leave it to God.

Mar 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Kathy-730470 said: Just be yourself. Do not worry about first impressions. Be true to yourself and the right person ...
(Quote) Kathy-730470 said:

Just be yourself. Do not worry about first impressions. Be true to yourself and the right person will come along. Pray and leave it to God.

--hide--
Oh, really? What do I do if the tides in the Bay of Fundy wash her away and I can't swim? How does "being true to myself" help then? eyebrow

Mar 10th 2013 new

(Quote) John-184825 said: To worry about coming off as a fool, seems to me to be an unusual worry. I know that it is not imp...
(Quote) John-184825 said:

To worry about coming off as a fool, seems to me to be an unusual worry. I know that it is not impossible, but can you give an example of the kind of appearing foolish that concerns you in a dating situation?

--hide--

Basically I am afraid of looking stupid. I must have a pride problem. shhh No I cannot give you an example because I can only count the dates I've had on one hand and they didn't turn out all that bad. I'm so glad you never have to worry about foolishness. biggrin

Mar 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Easy solution to that. Just wear a clown suit, and I guarantee you'll be anything but boring......
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Easy solution to that. Just wear a clown suit, and I guarantee you'll be anything but boring....

--hide--

Gee thanks. scratchchin wink

Mar 11th 2013 new

The Bay of Fundy? What do you care, you live on the Sound!

Mar 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-825244 said: Basically I am afraid of looking stupid. I must have a pride problem. No I cannot give you an exa...
(Quote) Naomi-825244 said:

Basically I am afraid of looking stupid. I must have a pride problem. No I cannot give you an example because I can only count the dates I've had on one hand and they didn't turn out all that bad. I'm so glad you never have to worry about foolishness.

--hide--
You might have meant "look like a fool" in a very general way such as appearing awkward in any social sense as opposed to "look like a fool" as is meant by, "only a fool would risk his life for something very insignificant".

Mar 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: The Bay of Fundy? What do you care, you live on the Sound!
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

The Bay of Fundy? What do you care, you live on the Sound!

--hide--
Talking to women in her region about the Bay of Fundy is one of the fundamentals of fun I hear 'em say.

Posts 71 - 80 of 80