Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

03/10/2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-825244 said: I'm afraid I'm gonna come off as either a fool or as too quiet. I can be jolly enough in ...
(Quote) Naomi-825244 said:

I'm afraid I'm gonna come off as either a fool or as too quiet. I can be jolly enough in general, but on meeting someone for the first time if it's on a date, I retreat into myself. I don't like boring people and I'm afraid i'll appear as such. Ugh.

--hide--
To worry about coming off as a fool, seems to me to be an unusual worry. I know that it is not impossible, but can you give an example of the kind of appearing foolish that concerns you in a dating situation?

03/10/2013 new

(Quote) Dave-146273 said: If it's in Pencil, Pen, or Paint!
(Quote) Dave-146273 said:

If it's in Pencil, Pen, or Paint!

--hide--
Photoshop.

03/10/2013 new

(Quote) John-184825 said: Photoshop.
(Quote) John-184825 said:

Photoshop.

--hide--

If she's potoshopping me.. then i have nothing to fear! She'll make me look better than i am.. laughing laughing laughing

03/10/2013 new

Just be yourself. Do not worry about first impressions. Be true to yourself and the right person will come along. Pray and leave it to God.

03/10/2013 new

(Quote) Kathy-730470 said: Just be yourself. Do not worry about first impressions. Be true to yourself and the right person ...
(Quote) Kathy-730470 said:

Just be yourself. Do not worry about first impressions. Be true to yourself and the right person will come along. Pray and leave it to God.

--hide--
Oh, really? What do I do if the tides in the Bay of Fundy wash her away and I can't swim? How does "being true to myself" help then? eyebrow

03/10/2013 new

(Quote) John-184825 said: To worry about coming off as a fool, seems to me to be an unusual worry. I know that it is not imp...
(Quote) John-184825 said:

To worry about coming off as a fool, seems to me to be an unusual worry. I know that it is not impossible, but can you give an example of the kind of appearing foolish that concerns you in a dating situation?

--hide--

Basically I am afraid of looking stupid. I must have a pride problem. shhh No I cannot give you an example because I can only count the dates I've had on one hand and they didn't turn out all that bad. I'm so glad you never have to worry about foolishness. biggrin

03/10/2013 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Easy solution to that. Just wear a clown suit, and I guarantee you'll be anything but boring......
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Easy solution to that. Just wear a clown suit, and I guarantee you'll be anything but boring....

--hide--

Gee thanks. scratchchin wink

03/11/2013 new

The Bay of Fundy? What do you care, you live on the Sound!

03/11/2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-825244 said: Basically I am afraid of looking stupid. I must have a pride problem. No I cannot give you an exa...
(Quote) Naomi-825244 said:

Basically I am afraid of looking stupid. I must have a pride problem. No I cannot give you an example because I can only count the dates I've had on one hand and they didn't turn out all that bad. I'm so glad you never have to worry about foolishness.

--hide--
You might have meant "look like a fool" in a very general way such as appearing awkward in any social sense as opposed to "look like a fool" as is meant by, "only a fool would risk his life for something very insignificant".

03/11/2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: The Bay of Fundy? What do you care, you live on the Sound!
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

The Bay of Fundy? What do you care, you live on the Sound!

--hide--
Talking to women in her region about the Bay of Fundy is one of the fundamentals of fun I hear 'em say.

Posts 71 - 80 of 80