Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

03/05/2013 new

I was talking with someone here from cm as friends and he kept making remarks that were offensive and sexual -- like "guys would be more motivated to dance if women's breasts were on their backs to we could get a good feel" and other remarks about the "soft parts" that he wanted to enjoy and also things like "guess the women on cm just aren't as intelligent as the men" because no woman was buying what he was selling which maybe he thought was humorous or cute but definitely wasn't. I cut communication and, I suppose rudely, told him I felt he was crude and offensive. Would you call that rashly turning down a man?

03/05/2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Usually I know what my intentions are... But I never know what theirs is unle...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Usually I know what my intentions are... But I never know what theirs is unless they tell me..

--hide--

I suppose what I meant about figuring out my intentions was that usually in the beginning of talking to someone, I find myself trying to figure out of I think it could go anywhere. I give everyone a fair chance in the beginning (at least I'd like to think I do), but after a few longer conversations, I try to "figure out" if there could be something more there.

03/05/2013 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said: So that's why Selma Hayek won't return my calls.?!?
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

So that's why Selma Hayek won't return my calls.?!?

--hide--

Well, Yes. That is what she told me wink She said "I know I am being rash but I just can't talk to Tom right now."

03/05/2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: I was talking with someone here from cm as friends and he kept making remarks that were offensiv...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

I was talking with someone here from cm as friends and he kept making remarks that were offensive and sexual -- like "guys would be more motivated to dance if women's breasts were on their backs to we could get a good feel" and other remarks about the "soft parts" that he wanted to enjoy and also things like "guess the women on cm just aren't as intelligent as the men" because no woman was buying what he was selling which maybe he thought was humorous or cute but definitely wasn't. I cut communication and, I suppose rudely, told him I felt he was crude and offensive. Would you call that rashly turning down a man?

--hide--

I wouldn't call that rashly turning down a man at all! You did the right thing. You probably had more patience than I would with comments like those!! eyepopping

03/05/2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: I was talking with someone here from cm as friends and he kept making remarks that were offensiv...

--hide--

Ew. Crude sexaul remarks aren't a "rash" reason for turning someone down.

03/05/2013 new

[quote]Tom-267933 said:

"I think it happens a lot. But it also goes both ways. In the modern age of electronic communications and social media it's very easy to be overwhelmed by the sheer number of possibilities out there, and to some extent I think we've lost our ability to really focus on getting to know someone well. Add to that the stresses and anxieties of living in a secular post-Christian world, and it's understandable how people can miss some obvious opportunities."

Exelent point, Tom.

03/05/2013 new
Rachel, that person making all those rude comments sounds like he is mentally ill
03/05/2013 new
(Quote) Marian-83994 said: I think that some men would need to know that some woman flippantly turn them down because the women are too im...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

I think that some men would need to know that some woman flippantly turn them down because the women are too immature or too scared to work through the getting to know you process. I think I did this in my younger years. I think I rashly turned someone down because I was not thinking anything through and had other thimgs on my mind.

Maybe this Title will give a balance to what we have witnessed today? I don't know.

Is there ever a time when a younger woman- will not take the time to get to know a man for no good reasaon except that she is just too busy or overwhelmed with her own stuff to do? I bet there is. I have had a number of good men approach me over the years and I should have opened a few doors for those men I think.

--hide--

Yes
03/05/2013 new

(Quote) Julie-42315 said: As uncharitable as this may sound, the "rash" approach can be warranted in quite a...
(Quote) Julie-42315 said:

As uncharitable as this may sound, the "rash" approach can be warranted in quite a few cases. Men who won't take "no" for an answer. Men who show blatant disrespect for the woman by making an indecent proposal. A total creep who won't leave you alone...

And a really big one; a married man who asks out a single woman. A gentle "no" doesn't always cut it.

But if a nice guy is being sincere and the woman just isn't interested, she should use some tact and decline politely.

--hide--

True.

03/05/2013 new

--hide--

No I would never call it rash. I am glad I brought this issue up though so I could cull all of these fine stroies from you.

Posts 31 - 40 of 76