Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

playing with matches

03/04/2013 new

Online relationships without Annulements are dangerous but also very tricky. The Catholic Church strongly suggests that no dating take place between a man and woman prior to both being totally free to explore and pursue the relationship.

Annulements, in addition to other legal roadblocks , like immigration or geography , just to mention a few others, also place restrictions ...on the relationship that require the 2 parties to go very slow and take only baby steps in developing the relationship. A comes before B . Going to quickly with restrictions in place (marriage not yet annulled ) will only result in even the baby steps getting burned.

Prior to marriage there are restrictions in place to prevent both parties from getting burned , but , those same restrictions if not removed can, also burn the relationship , by preventing both parties from naturally going to the next level , when it is time to do so . It just makes sense to avoid any involvement on a dating level with the other sex until all impediments and or restrictions have been removed.

blessings in Christ ,

Casey theheart

03/04/2013 new

Thank you, dear Casey, for this post. You always bring to the fora Faith, Hope, and Charity. I needed to hear this at this precise moment in my life.

hug

Praying
Mari

03/04/2013 new
(Quote) Casey-637092 said: Online relationships without Annulements are dangerous but also very tricky. The Catholic Church st...
(Quote) Casey-637092 said:

Online relationships without Annulements are dangerous but also very tricky. The Catholic Church strongly suggests that no dating take place between a man and woman prior to both being totally free to explore and pursue the relationship.

Annulements, in addition to other legal roadblocks , like immigration or geography , just to mention a few others, also place restrictions ...on the relationship that require the 2 parties to go very slow and take only baby steps in developing the relationship. A comes before B . Going to quickly with restrictions in place (marriage not yet annulled ) will only result in even the baby steps getting burned.

Prior to marriage there are restrictions in place to prevent both parties from getting burned , but , those same restrictions if not removed can, also burn the relationship , by preventing both parties from naturally going to the next level , when it is time to do so . It just makes sense to avoid any involvement on a dating level with the other sex until all impediments and or restrictions have been removed.

blessings in Christ ,

Casey

--hide--

I agree with what we said Casey, in a relationship, when one or both parties are not available, it should be avoided until complete availability.

Since we are on a dating site and there is a big chance to connect with people who may not be completely available, we should go one step at a time (friendship is a good place to start). Because going fast means, as you mentioned, burning steps.

In both ways, when a relationship gets ahead of itself it may cause burns whether we decide to cross restrictions or just not go farther because of the restrictions.
03/05/2013 new

Good post.

You owe it to a potential spouse to not waste his/her time...in case the annulment does not go through. They sometimes don't, you know.

Similarly, you owe it to a potential spouse not to date until you have recovered from the previous relationship. This applies whether the previous bond was disolved by death, divorce, or just a break up. Until you know who you are in the absence of the other, you are being unfair to the new person.

03/05/2013 new

Casey..Casey..Casey.. Decisions decisions.. If I don't move this thread to the Divorced room, Brian probably will... ARGHHH!

03/05/2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Casey..Casey..Casey.. Decisions decisions.. If I don't move this thread to the Divorced room, ...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Casey..Casey..Casey.. Decisions decisions.. If I don't move this thread to the Divorced room, Brian probably will... ARGHHH!

--hide--

The discussions can involve those who might consider getting involved in relationships with those who are not free to marry -- people who may not be able to participate in the Divorced forum.

03/05/2013 new

YES.
We all need to learn from each other, and segregating the posts too much impedes this.

03/05/2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: The discussions can involve those who might consider getting involved in relationships wi...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

The discussions can involve those who might consider getting involved in relationships with those who are not free to marry -- people who may not be able to participate in the Divorced forum.

--hide--

Uhhh... Jerry..That's the whole idea.. 10:1 Brian will move it.. mischievous

03/05/2013 new

Perfectly stated, , Casey, in my opinion.

What is a gracious way to turn down those who are divorced if they propose a date? And, of course, I will assume anyone who answers is not speaking for all divorced Catholics. smile

03/05/2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: (Quote) Jerry-74383 said: The discussions can involve those who might consi...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Quote:
Jerry-74383 said:

Uhhh... Jerry..That's the whole idea.. 10:1 Brian will move it..

--hide--

If he does, he does. And the author can plead his case if he desires.

Posts 1 - 10 of 26