Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

playing with matches

Mar 4th 2013 new

Online relationships without Annulements are dangerous but also very tricky. The Catholic Church strongly suggests that no dating take place between a man and woman prior to both being totally free to explore and pursue the relationship.

Annulements, in addition to other legal roadblocks , like immigration or geography , just to mention a few others, also place restrictions ...on the relationship that require the 2 parties to go very slow and take only baby steps in developing the relationship. A comes before B . Going to quickly with restrictions in place (marriage not yet annulled ) will only result in even the baby steps getting burned.

Prior to marriage there are restrictions in place to prevent both parties from getting burned , but , those same restrictions if not removed can, also burn the relationship , by preventing both parties from naturally going to the next level , when it is time to do so . It just makes sense to avoid any involvement on a dating level with the other sex until all impediments and or restrictions have been removed.

blessings in Christ ,

Casey theheart

Mar 4th 2013 new

Thank you, dear Casey, for this post. You always bring to the fora Faith, Hope, and Charity. I needed to hear this at this precise moment in my life.

hug

Praying
Mari

Mar 4th 2013 new
(Quote) Casey-637092 said: Online relationships without Annulements are dangerous but also very tricky. The Catholic Church st...
(Quote) Casey-637092 said:

Online relationships without Annulements are dangerous but also very tricky. The Catholic Church strongly suggests that no dating take place between a man and woman prior to both being totally free to explore and pursue the relationship.

Annulements, in addition to other legal roadblocks , like immigration or geography , just to mention a few others, also place restrictions ...on the relationship that require the 2 parties to go very slow and take only baby steps in developing the relationship. A comes before B . Going to quickly with restrictions in place (marriage not yet annulled ) will only result in even the baby steps getting burned.

Prior to marriage there are restrictions in place to prevent both parties from getting burned , but , those same restrictions if not removed can, also burn the relationship , by preventing both parties from naturally going to the next level , when it is time to do so . It just makes sense to avoid any involvement on a dating level with the other sex until all impediments and or restrictions have been removed.

blessings in Christ ,

Casey

--hide--

I agree with what we said Casey, in a relationship, when one or both parties are not available, it should be avoided until complete availability.

Since we are on a dating site and there is a big chance to connect with people who may not be completely available, we should go one step at a time (friendship is a good place to start). Because going fast means, as you mentioned, burning steps.

In both ways, when a relationship gets ahead of itself it may cause burns whether we decide to cross restrictions or just not go farther because of the restrictions.
Mar 5th 2013 new

Good post.

You owe it to a potential spouse to not waste his/her time...in case the annulment does not go through. They sometimes don't, you know.

Similarly, you owe it to a potential spouse not to date until you have recovered from the previous relationship. This applies whether the previous bond was disolved by death, divorce, or just a break up. Until you know who you are in the absence of the other, you are being unfair to the new person.

Mar 5th 2013 new

Casey..Casey..Casey.. Decisions decisions.. If I don't move this thread to the Divorced room, Brian probably will... ARGHHH!

Mar 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Casey..Casey..Casey.. Decisions decisions.. If I don't move this thread to the Divorced room, ...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Casey..Casey..Casey.. Decisions decisions.. If I don't move this thread to the Divorced room, Brian probably will... ARGHHH!

--hide--

The discussions can involve those who might consider getting involved in relationships with those who are not free to marry -- people who may not be able to participate in the Divorced forum.

Mar 5th 2013 new

YES.
We all need to learn from each other, and segregating the posts too much impedes this.

Mar 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: The discussions can involve those who might consider getting involved in relationships wi...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

The discussions can involve those who might consider getting involved in relationships with those who are not free to marry -- people who may not be able to participate in the Divorced forum.

--hide--

Uhhh... Jerry..That's the whole idea.. 10:1 Brian will move it.. mischievous

Mar 5th 2013 new

Perfectly stated, , Casey, in my opinion.

What is a gracious way to turn down those who are divorced if they propose a date? And, of course, I will assume anyone who answers is not speaking for all divorced Catholics. smile

Mar 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: (Quote) Jerry-74383 said: The discussions can involve those who might consi...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Quote:
Jerry-74383 said:

Uhhh... Jerry..That's the whole idea.. 10:1 Brian will move it..

--hide--

If he does, he does. And the author can plead his case if he desires.

Posts 1 - 10 of 26