Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share
For discussion that revolves around a place, state, or country.

The relic from France of St. Mary Magdalene has been touring Chicago and Indiana. Tomorrow is the last day in Chicago at St. Alphonsus, It moves after that to Joliet area, and then to Springfield area in Illinois and then ends up in St. Louis, Missouri. This is an amazing opportunity to venerate the relic, along with processions, Masses, Litanies, Talks, etc.

All of the info about it and the links is in the other thread in this forum about St. Mary Magdalene that Pat posted.

I just wanted to make sure that those of you outside of Chicago and downstate/central Illinois and St. Louis were aware of this marvelous opportunity to have a truly spiritual day or half-day during Lent!

03/05/2013 new
03/06/2013 new

I just came back from St. Alphonsus Church which is the last church in Chicago to have the St. Mary Magdalene Relic although there are still a few stops in the suburbs. It was an amazing spiritual experience - NOT to be missed!

03/07/2013 new

Good to hear from someone who has been to see/experience the St. Mary Magdalene Relic. I saw something posted about this in a Facebook group I belong to and I'm looking forward to seeing the Relic when it is on display in Springfield. Thanks for posting this, Patricia.

03/07/2013 new

(Quote) Helen-407474 said: Good to hear from someone who has been to see/experience the St. Mary Magdalene Relic. I saw some...
(Quote) Helen-407474 said:

Good to hear from someone who has been to see/experience the St. Mary Magdalene Relic. I saw something posted about this in a Facebook group I belong to and I'm looking forward to seeing the Relic when it is on display in Springfield. Thanks for posting this, Patricia.

--hide--

Helen, if you look at the other thread in this forum about St. Mary Magalene started by Pat in Chicago, there is a link there to the magdalene publishing that shows all the churches the relic will be at and the schedule for each church for what time the relic will arrive, what time Mass is, etc. It is very useful and there is also more info there on St. Mary Magdalene. I do hope you can get to one of these Churches and be able to spend a couple hours there. The priest from France carrying the relic (although he is Irish) gave an EXCELLENT talk, so if you can be at the Church for one his talks I would highly recommend it. The Church I was at was packed as it also included the school children for Mass, then it emptied out and so the lines weren't terribly long during the day to go up to venerate the relic of St. Mary Magdalene. Again, an AMAZING spiritual experience! Do go!!!

03/08/2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Helen, if you look at the other thread in this forum about St. Mary Magalene started by...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Helen, if you look at the other thread in this forum about St. Mary Magalene started by Pat in Chicago, there is a link there to the magdalene publishing that shows all the churches the relic will be at and the schedule for each church for what time the relic will arrive, what time Mass is, etc. It is very useful and there is also more info there on St. Mary Magdalene. I do hope you can get to one of these Churches and be able to spend a couple hours there. The priest from France carrying the relic (although he is Irish) gave an EXCELLENT talk, so if you can be at the Church for one his talks I would highly recommend it. The Church I was at was packed as it also included the school children for Mass, then it emptied out and so the lines weren't terribly long during the day to go up to venerate the relic of St. Mary Magdalene. Again, an AMAZING spiritual experience! Do go!!!

--hide--
Thanks, Patricia...sounds wonderful!

Posts 1 - 6 of 6