Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

...but I want him who finds me to have the fear of God Praying .

mischievous What more do I need? scratchchin

03/06/2013 new

A fear of God does not necessarily mean he is a good, decent man. People can fear God but still do horrible things in the name of God because they believe that is what God wants. (Terrorism, anyone?) It also doesn't mean that they are capable of holding down a job, supporting a family, or will love you.

03/06/2013 new

(Quote) Onome-119770 said: ...but I want him who finds me to have the fear of God . What more do I need?
(Quote) Onome-119770 said:

...but I want him who finds me to have the fear of God .

What more do I need?

--hide--

Just keep praying and God will send him along. It is nice to see your posts.

Personally I do not think that it is possible to find the perfect man but I do think and know that it is possible to find someone perfect for me. So a man who loves the Lord and is honorable who loves you sounds like it would be perfect for you. Elizabeth is right make sure you look at the other stuff as that statement of fearing the Lord can mean loads of different stuff to different people. Gods blessings in your search. hug

03/06/2013 new
A fear of God means that one would live their life for God. The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. When one knows God for who He is then would knowledge be added. Also help one to live a right life because one doesn't the discipline of God. Remember how you fear your parent's discipline. Note I never said that the man who fears God is perfect....
03/06/2013 new

(Quote) Onome-119770 said: A fear of God means that one would live their life for God. The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. ...
(Quote) Onome-119770 said: A fear of God means that one would live their life for God. The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. When one knows God for who He is then would knowledge be added. Also help one to live a right life because one doesn't the discipline of God. Remember how you fear your parent's discipline. Note I never said that the man who fears God is perfect....
--hide--

I never said a man that fears God is perfect, either. I'm trying to point out that a fear of God does not mean that they are a good and decent person. Personally, I don't think saying that you fear God is a good thing. You should love God, not fear him. A beaten dog fears his/her master but a dog that is treated well will love his/her master - last time I checked, God got over that whole smiting thing. wink

03/06/2013 new

A woman told me once she kept praying for God to let her marry the perfect man.

God answered her prayers! She became a nun!

I'm not perfect, therefore I do not expect any level of perfection from a man. I can't even say that I'd want a man who puts God first and loves Him and obeys His Church. Because of sin, he will fail many times. The best I can hope for is a man who tries to live like that and understands and repents of his failures when he does stuff up.

03/06/2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-384374 said: I never said a man that fears God is perfect, either. I'm trying to poi...
(Quote) Elizabeth-384374 said:

I never said a man that fears God is perfect, either. I'm trying to point out that a fear of God does not mean that they are a good and decent person. Personally, I don't think saying that you fear God is a good thing. You should love God, not fear him. A beaten dog fears his/her master but a dog that is treated well will love his/her master - last time I checked, God got over that whole smiting thing.

--hide--

Lost in translation, "fear" in the archaic form of "fear God" means to have reverence for God. Not like "OH MY GOSH THERE'S A RAPIST ON THE PROWL" kind of fear, or a "HOLY CRUD MONKIES LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THAT SPIDER!!!" kinda fear.

Rather a "God is so big and massive and awe inspiriing, he created me and everything else, He, creator of all but himself not a creature, existing outside of time, wise beyond human understanding, and this God wants to have a relationship with me, He died for me". That's the kind of reverance you should have, the kind of "fear" that God is so great, and we are so small, but God's greatness is directed into loving us and in that love, we are lifted up out of the sludge of sin and death.

How can we not be utterly and without question so overshadowed by these thoughts, so much so that our only logical response would be to prostrate ourselves lower than dirt before God? Yet, God reaches down and saves us. He becomes one of us to save us. He, in all his might and power and Godness, humbles himself in our wounded nature, but he purifies our humanity from sin in becoming Christ. This is "fear" of God, a reverance so demanding we can do nothing but shudder in our souls, not in the modern construct of fear, but one born of true gratitude and awe.

03/06/2013 new

Precisely. It's the kind of fear (awe, recognition of one's unworthines before an all-Holy, benevelent, but perfectly just Creator), that led Isaiah to cry out "Woe is me, for I am a man of unclean lips", or Blessed St. Peter, after our Lord's demonstration of the miraculous draught of fishes to say to Christ "Depart from me Lord, for I am a sinful man".

03/06/2013 new
Better said Naomi and Patrick...Thanks!!! People have been hurt deeply by others who claim to have the fear of God. For your information, when a person has THE fear of God, it is clear for all to see and/or perceive. There are men and women who truly have reverence for God, otherwise called the fear of God!!!
03/07/2013 new

It's not translation problem - I understood what she meant- however I don't think what I"m attempting to say is getting through. The Taliban claim a fear of God - would you want one of them for a future spouse? After all, your only qualification is a claim of a fear of God - not religion. What about some of the domestic terrorist group who claim they have a fear of God - I'd put the Westboro Baptist Church under terrorism given they want people to fear them. Do you add Catholic to your qualifications now? How about the old IRA?

A claim of a fear of God is meaningless without the actions to back it up. THose actions include the ability to live a life that is appeasing to God. You need more qualifications in a future spouse unless you want to end up the latest victim of Domestic Violence.

Posts 1 - 10 of 16