Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Mar 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-384374 said: It's not translation problem - I understood what she meant- however I don't think wha...
(Quote) Elizabeth-384374 said:

It's not translation problem - I understood what she meant- however I don't think what I"m attempting to say is getting through. The Taliban claim a fear of God - would you want one of them for a future spouse? After all, your only qualification is a claim of a fear of God - not religion. What about some of the domestic terrorist group who claim they have a fear of God - I'd put the Westboro Baptist Church under terrorism given they want people to fear them. Do you add Catholic to your qualifications now? How about the old IRA?

A claim of a fear of God is meaningless without the actions to back it up. THose actions include the ability to live a life that is appeasing to God. You need more qualifications in a future spouse unless you want to end up the latest victim of Domestic Violence.

--hide--

So we shouldn't use the phrase "the fear of God" because of a bunch of barely literate, arrogant, scum sucking morons? [whom Jesus loves]

If we change our semantics to avoid being ignorantly associated with such idiots, then the terrorists have won.

I will continue to have a fear of God. Those schmucks can go take a running jump.

Mar 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: This is "fear" of God, a reverance so demanding we can do nothing but shudder i...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

This is "fear" of God, a reverance so demanding we can do nothing but shudder in our souls, not in the modern construct of fear, but one born of true gratitude and awe.

--hide--

Spot on, Naomi! Love that last line!

Onome, I think I can grasp what you're trying to say. In the context of the Christian Bible, the fear of God encompasses all Godly characteristics in a future spouse. A God-fearing man would strive to follow all of Christ’s teachings. Our fear for Him is tied to love for Him. Because we know He loves us, He drives away the fear of His wrath and replaces it with a holy fear fashioned in love. A potential partner who truly has a fear of God will see Christ in you and will love you as Christ loves His church.

Psalm 112:1 Blessed is the man who fears the Lord, who delights greatly in His commandments.

Psalm 103:10-11 He has not dealt with us according to our sins, nor punished us according to our iniquities. For as the heavens are high above the earth, so great is His mercy toward those who fear Him.

theheart Dove

Mar 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: So we shouldn't use the phrase "the fear of God" because of a bunch of bar...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

So we shouldn't use the phrase "the fear of God" because of a bunch of barely literate, arrogant, scum sucking morons? [whom Jesus loves]

If we change our semantics to avoid being ignorantly associated with such idiots, then the terrorists have won.

I will continue to have a fear of God. Those schmucks can go take a running jump.

--hide--

The OP's question was "What more do I need?" My point is, a LOT!

Mar 8th 2013 new
A lot of times it is a translation problem...live and let live! All is well no matter what the tide brings.
Mar 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Onome-119770 said: ...but I want him who finds me to have the fear of God . What more ...
(Quote) Onome-119770 said:

...but I want him who finds me to have the fear of God .

What more do I need?

--hide--
Note the difference between claiming something and actually possessing something. Having the fear of God, by necessity, implies one exhibits the virtues inherent in that, which would be the Cardinal virtues. Nuff said.

Mar 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Onome-119770 said: ...but I want him who finds me to have the fear of God . What more ...
(Quote) Onome-119770 said:

...but I want him who finds me to have the fear of God .

What more do I need?

--hide--

the word have should've been bolded. I don't know why it didn't take effect

Posts 11 - 16 of 16