Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

03/08/2013 new

(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: Hi John. I had to go out of this topic and do a little research. When I am browsing the headings, I ten...
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: Hi John. I had to go out of this topic and do a little research. When I am browsing the headings, I tend To look at something that catches my eye. I just posted on Marge's subject about why can't she remember how to layer lasagna and she asked for people to participate. It was fun and I got to comment. I generally shy away from antagonistic subjects and if they don't appear that way in the title but do in the first sentence, I am gone. I like subjects that welcome family stories or that I feel are comical. I don't feel educated enough to hold my own in political debates. I like to challenge my brain on some of these subjects and let sad subjects take me down that road because that is part for life. I like to experience all the emotions on the forum but I don't want to lose my cool and will wait to post on those subjects when I am in control. I want to hear what people say and understand their view. I guess that is what my friend meant when I want you to see what I see on my way around the block! Eileen.
--hide--
Hi Eileen,

Thanks for taking the time to reveal some or the reasons why you decide to read certain topics and posts and to avoid others. I'm glad to hear that you don't block out topics or posts just because an author has been around the block a few times. eyebrow laughing

03/08/2013 new
(Quote) Rosemarie-744159 said: Science tells us that women's brain have a larger area dedicated to communica...
(Quote) Rosemarie-744159 said:

Science tells us that women's brain have a larger area dedicated to communication and language, and that in an average day men speak 7,000 words, and women 20,000.

--hide--

Which is why we are always right . . . laughing
03/09/2013 new

(Quote) Brett-848238 said: As a man, I read from left to right, top to bottom. I believe that women like to read between the...
(Quote) Brett-848238 said:

As a man, I read from left to right, top to bottom. I believe that women like to read between the lines.

--hide--
I saw a video recently where that claim was made, that a man writes something in a profile, such as, "I work hard" or "I like sports" and women try to figure out the what that really means in relation to their likes and dislikes.

03/09/2013 new

(Quote) Brenda-444789 said: tee, hee... and I would have caught myself wondering if hard working might translate to mean &qu...
(Quote) Brenda-444789 said:

tee, hee... and I would have caught myself wondering if hard working might translate to mean "work-aholic". Being a good provider is quite admirable, but not at the expense of family time - at least in my book.

--hide--
Interestingly (or maybe not so interestingly?), I wrote a topic that could be interpreted as asking about workaholics and the problem of putting spouse and family in second place. If you are so inclined, you may add to it by clicking here: www.catholicmatch.com

03/09/2013 new

(Quote) John-184825 said: Interestingly (or maybe not so interestingly?), I wrote a topic that could be interpreted as askin...
(Quote) John-184825 said:

Interestingly (or maybe not so interestingly?), I wrote a topic that could be interpreted as asking about workaholics and the problem of putting spouse and family in second place. If you are so inclined, you may add to it by clicking here: www.catholicmatch.com

--hide--

Thank you - and I did. smile

03/09/2013 new

(Quote) Brenda-444789 said: Thank you - and I did.
(Quote) Brenda-444789 said:

Thank you - and I did.

--hide--
Thanks for resuscitating "My Dear Career". It was turning blue from lack of oxygen.

03/09/2013 new

(Quote) John-184825 said: Yours is an interesting reply, but it seems to answer more questions about how women w...

Yours is an interesting reply, but it seems to answer more questions about how women write topics and posts compared to how men do.

I was inquiring more about how women read topics and posts. Although profiles are not the same as topics and posts, how women read profiles may provide clues about how they read topics and posts. One recent video I saw tried to answer the question, "How do womwn read profiles on dating sites?" As explained by a man, women try to figure out the hidden implications of what a man says in his profile as opposed to what his words say directly.

Of course not every woman will draw the same implication from the same words. One woman will read a profile in which the man claims he is a hard worker and she will see the implication that he will be a good provider. A second woman will read the same profile with the same claim about working hard and see the implication that he is boastful. In both cases though, the women are looking for the underlying meaning.

--hide--
Haven't read all the posts yet..but I will agree with this. I always look for hidden implications. ..from both genders. Maybe its because sometimes I am afraid to be up front about something so I will write in a roundabout way. Thus I can also avoid lying shhh

03/09/2013 new

I also believe that there are many factors that go into interpretation for anyone of either gender. Experience and education can influnce ones perception. I myself am here initially to look for a potential mate. Now I'm also working on my spirituality and basic knowlege of Catholicism. I've learned a lot here!

For me, I now realize it is best to avoid certain topics.Iam a very sensitive being. Even some of the prayer requests can be painful for me.

Anyw, thanks John for a "nice" lively topic for discussion. Have a blessed eve. wave

03/09/2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: Not sure is this is what you had in mind (see - that is what you had in mind), but I think men&...
(Quote) Beverly-936499 said:

Not sure is this is what you had in mind (see - that is what you had in mind), but I think men's topics and posts are quicker to get to the point of an issue, where as women will often take a walk around the block to get there - and we want you to see everything we saw on our walk around the block.

--hide--

Boy... You really nailed that one Beverly...!!! rose

03/09/2013 new

(Quote) John-184825 said: I saw a video recently where that claim was made, that a man writes something in a profile, such a...

I saw a video recently where that claim was made, that a man writes something in a profile, such as, "I work hard" or "I like sports" and women try to figure out the what that really means in relation to their likes and dislikes.

--hide--

There actually is a physiological reason for that one too... Seems that the membrane between the right & left sides of a woman's brain are able to allow the neurotransmitters to communicate quicker than a man's... In other words, she connects the dots in ways that leave a man clueless.... boggled Science has actually proved a woman's intuition exists...!!!

Typical to my gender.... I read the topics that explore different aspects of relationships... especially ones that disscuss differences between men & women.... wink

Posts 21 - 30 of 37