Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

NFL Free Agency (and draft)

Mar 7th 2013 new

Since free agency will start soon, I figured I start a thread so we can talk about where we'd like players to go as well as our hopes for the draft.

I will start off by saying I am a huge Vikings fan and I would love to see the Vikes pick up a WR in FA, either Mike Wallace or Greg Jennings. If I had to pick, I would go with Jennings because he wouldn't command as much money plus I think he's a more polished receiver than Wallace. The only problem is that we want to keep Harvin but he's gonna want top-dollar or he might hold out this summer. If not FA, then we will go to the draft. I like Keenan Allen but I just don't think he'll be available at 23. What do you guys think?

Mar 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Cory-789423 said: Since free agency will start soon, I figured I start a thread so we can talk about where we'd ...
(Quote) Cory-789423 said:

Since free agency will start soon, I figured I start a thread so we can talk about where we'd like players to go as well as our hopes for the draft.

I will start off by saying I am a huge Vikings fan and I would love to see the Vikes pick up a WR in FA, either Mike Wallace or Greg Jennings. If I had to pick, I would go with Jennings because he wouldn't command as much money plus I think he's a more polished receiver than Wallace. The only problem is that we want to keep Harvin but he's gonna want top-dollar or he might hold out this summer. If not FA, then we will go to the draft. I like Keenan Allen but I just don't think he'll be available at 23. What do you guys think?

--hide--

Jennings is good, but they need a good QB. Ponder's not it, although he's not bad.
Their WRs are fine.

I'm a Browns fan; my best friend is a Vikes fan :) They have a tough division although getting in as a WC was a miracle. They needed to beat GB and did. Even though they lost a week later, they got in the dance.

Mar 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Josh-196444 said: Jennings is good, but they need a good QB. Ponder's not it, although he's not bad....
(Quote) Josh-196444 said:

Jennings is good, but they need a good QB. Ponder's not it, although he's not bad.
Their WRs are fine.

I'm a Browns fan; my best friend is a Vikes fan :) They have a tough division although getting in as a WC was a miracle. They needed to beat GB and did. Even though they lost a week later, they got in the dance.

--hide--

We barely have any WRs and the only good one we have wants out. Peterson's not complaining though lol.

Mar 11th 2013 new

They just traded Harvin to Seattle. They damn well better get a ton for him.

How did you get so smart that you are a Vikings fan?

Mar 11th 2013 new

[quote]Cory-789423 said: either Mike Wallace or Greg Jennings. If I had to pick, I would go with Jennings because he wouldn't command as much money plus I think he's a more polished receiver than Wallace. [quote]

Please take Wallace. He's horri....er..I mean.... he's great! You'll love him!

As a Steelers fan, I was disgusted after that hold-out business of last year especially considering Hines Ward was pushed out the door. Sorry never been a fan of Wallace. I think Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders are both better and at least don't drop the ball as much.

Mar 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Stephanie-450440 said: (Quote) Cory-789423 said: either Mike Wallace or Greg Jennings. If I had to p...
(Quote) Stephanie-450440 said:

[quote]Cory-789423 said: either Mike Wallace or Greg Jennings. If I had to pick, I would go with Jennings because he wouldn't command as much money plus I think he's a more polished receiver than Wallace. [quote]

As a Steelers fan, I was disgusted after that hold-out business of last year especially considering Hines Ward was pushed out the door. Sorry never been a fan of Wallace. I think Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders are both better and at least don't drop the ball as much.

--hide--

I agree, he wasn't that spectacular last season. The Steelers are a favorite of mine to watch but I think they're entering a re-building mode on the defensive side of the ball. Polamalu isn't the safety he used to be and their linebackers haven't been the dominating force they've been in years past. They'll be alright though because the coaching staff is top-notch, except for Todd Haley. I agreed with Big Ben last year when they hired him. I thought that was a bad move because I think the Steelers were clicking on offense and to change OC's wasn't a smart thing to do.

Mar 12th 2013 new

Now the Vikes have let Antoine Winfield go. Geez, I hope they keep Adrian!!

Mar 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said: Now the Vikes have let Antoine Winfield go. Geez, I hope they keep Adrian!!
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

Now the Vikes have let Antoine Winfield go. Geez, I hope they keep Adrian!!

--hide--

I think what they'll do is try to work out another deal with him. At his age, I don't think teams will be willing to sign him for the money he's asking. But in any case, it puts more pressure on the CB's we do have to perform better. I see the Vikings drafting a CB in the lower rounds.

Mar 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Stephanie-450440 said: (Quote) Cory-789423 said: either Mike Wallace or Greg Jennings. If I had to p...
(Quote) Stephanie-450440 said:

--hide--

Wallace was that deep threat that opened up the long ball for Brown, Sanders. Ben is solid but Haley wants a short-passing game and Ben's a vert passer like Weeden.

Brownies are improving--They got Quentin Groves, LB; Desmond Bryant, LB; and of course, Paul Kruger, LB. They still need DB help.

Wallace AND Ellerbe are now in Miami. Their vice will be spending too much.

Mar 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Josh-196444 said: Wallace was that deep threat that opened up the long ball for Brown, Sanders. Ben is solid...
(Quote) Josh-196444 said:

Wallace was that deep threat that opened up the long ball for Brown, Sanders. Ben is solid but Haley wants a short-passing game and Ben's a vert passer like Weeden.

Brownies are improving--They got Quentin Groves, LB; Desmond Bryant, LB; and of course, Paul Kruger, LB. They still need DB help.

Wallace AND Ellerbe are now in Miami. Their vice will be spending too much.

--hide--

I'm really liking the look of the Browns remade D, the new coach Chudzinski wants guys who play hard and are tough. The fact they plucked Kruger from

Balt. makes it all the better. Hope they continue to add some guys - played some thing like 15 rookies last year. Maybe acquire a WR that can catch the

ball and show Greg Butterfingers Little how it's done.

Posts 1 - 10 of 61