Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

Mar 15th 2013 new

Oops..that post didn't come out the way I thought it would scratchchin Those sentences are a little scattered like a lead foot quarterback facing an oncoming blitz.

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Cory-789423 said: I think what they'll do is try to work out another deal with him. At his age, I don...
(Quote) Cory-789423 said:

I think what they'll do is try to work out another deal with him. At his age, I don't think teams will be willing to sign him for the money he's asking. But in any case, it puts more pressure on the CB's we do have to perform better. I see the Vikings drafting a CB in the lower rounds.

--hide--

Vikes just signed Greg Jennings from the Packers.

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said: Vikes just signed Greg Jennings from the Packers.
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

Vikes just signed Greg Jennings from the Packers.

--hide--

clap clap hyper hyper hyper highfive

Apr 6th 2013 new

One player that sticks in my mind is Tim Tebow. Two years ago he salvaged a losing season and got the Broncos from no hope to the post season. In spite of that, they ditched him for Peyton Manning. He goes to the Jets, and they utterly disrespect him, putting him behind Sanchez, who was even worse than the guy Tebow replaced in Denver.

It was recently in the Social Media that Seattle considered him but decided against it. That was a good choice, because the Seahawks already have a good QB in Russell Wilson. Tebow needs a team that was where Denver was 2 seasons ago. A team that needs a better QB, and is willing to endure a few years of development. I don't follow football much outside the Seahawks (the closest team to home). Anyone know a team that should consider him?

Apr 13th 2013 new

I'm a 49ers fan and I am looking forward to the 2013 season. We have 13 picks and we're grabbing veteran FAs in the cheap and short-term so I think we will feast on Draft Day for talented and hungry players :D.

We traded QB Alex Smith for a second round pick. It kind of hurts to also see Dashon Goldson, Isaac Sopoaga, Delanie Walker, Riki Jean Francois, Teddy Ginn Jr go. I don't know what happened to David Akers - he was doing so well and then the second half of the season it went down hill, they had to release him.

Our Offense is looking pretty solid but I think we can draft a tight end and a wide reciever so that they can work and be mentored by the veterans. We acquired QBColt McCoy through a pick trade, the Ravens threw us a bone with WR Anquan Boldin and again, traded him with our 6th round pick. We locked in Anthony Davis for a 5 year deal.

I really think we should draft more on Defense though - we lost Dashon Goldson and I thought he was really good but probably wanted more money and we simply can't afford him. We got Craigh Dahl and I wonder if he will be the starter - he has big shoes to fill. We also acquired Dan Skuta, Dorsey, Nnamdi, Phil Dawson to replace Akers. I still think we need to draft a cornerback, safety and a defensive tackle and groom them.

I can't wait for the Draft!

Let's Go 9ners!!!!

Apr 16th 2013 new

Oh come on where are all you football fans? Draft's coming up. Let's discuss!

Apr 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Reena-961146 said: Oh come on where are all you football fans? Draft's coming up. Let's discuss!
(Quote) Reena-961146 said:

Oh come on where are all you football fans? Draft's coming up. Let's discuss!

--hide--

18 hours have gone by without one response to your post...pretty sad. Catholics used to love sports.

Anyway, if the Vikes get a good WR, they will crush all 31 other teams!! Bank on it!!

Purple Pride, Purple Pride!!

Apr 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said: 18 hours have gone by without one response to your post...pretty sad. Catholics used to ...
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

18 hours have gone by without one response to your post...pretty sad. Catholics used to love sports.

Anyway, if the Vikes get a good WR, they will crush all 31 other teams!! Bank on it!!

Purple Pride, Purple Pride!!

--hide--

Yes hallelujah another post! :D

How is the Vike's cb situation? I heard Seattle signed Winfield.

...and if Tim Tebow had a thought will it be called a Christian Ponder? duck

Mark your calendars April 18th - NFL will release the regular season schedule

Apr 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Reena-961146 said: Yes hallelujah another post! :D How is the Vike's cb situation? I heard Seattle si...
(Quote) Reena-961146 said:

Yes hallelujah another post! :D

How is the Vike's cb situation? I heard Seattle signed Winfield.

...and if Tim Tebow had a thought will it be called a Christian Ponder?

Mark your calendars April 18th - NFL will release the regular season schedule

--hide--

Their cb situation has been bad for a few years. They let Winfield go because of his age and huge contract. It was the right thing to do, but I hated to see it. In my opinion Winfield, pound for pound, was the toughest defensive player in the NFL. We need help at cb.

All my friends and relatives are going to hear your Tebow joke. Was it an original thought or did you hear it someplace?

Apr 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said: Their cb situation has been bad for a few years. They let Winfield go because of his age...
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

Their cb situation has been bad for a few years. They let Winfield go because of his age and huge contract. It was the right thing to do, but I hated to see it. In my opinion Winfield, pound for pound, was the toughest defensive player in the NFL. We need help at cb.

All my friends and relatives are going to hear your Tebow joke. Was it an original thought or did you hear it someplace?

--hide--
Tom,the Cowboys looked at Winfield a few years ago when he WAS in his prime and passed on him (for whatever reason I don't know...the mindset of Jerry Jones) But I have respected Winfield's play for a long while. What the Cowboys need (though I'm hearing very little news out of Valley Ranch) is LINEMEN, LINEMEN LINEMEN!

Posts 11 - 20 of 61