Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

04/18/2013 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said: Their cb situation has been bad for a few years. They let Winfield go because of his age...
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

Their cb situation has been bad for a few years. They let Winfield go because of his age and huge contract. It was the right thing to do, but I hated to see it. In my opinion Winfield, pound for pound, was the toughest defensive player in the NFL. We need help at cb.

All my friends and relatives are going to hear your Tebow joke. Was it an original thought or did you hear it someplace?

--hide--

Yup Winfield's getting up there in age. Seattle drives me nuts as a 49er fan which is why I don't want to hear alot about what they're doing but didn't Seattle also sign Percy Harvin? Let's see how he'll fit in the Seahawks offense - I almost don't want to know. Wilson-Harvin, dangerous combination.

Tebow-Ponder joke - I wish I can take credit , someone posted it on facebook I think.

Jerry Jones - I can't wrap my head around that outrageous 108M contract with Romo. It really inflated qb salary- needlessly. I don't think Manning or Flacco gets paid that much. I know Kaep's contract is chump change. Even Alex Smith with 1x play off win doesn't get paid that much. Thank God for Salary Cap.

04/18/2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Tom,the Cowboys looked at Winfield a few years ago when he WAS in his prime and passed on him (fo...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Tom,the Cowboys looked at Winfield a few years ago when he WAS in his prime and passed on him (for whatever reason I don't know...the mindset of Jerry Jones) But I have respected Winfield's play for a long while. What the Cowboys need (though I'm hearing very little news out of Valley Ranch) is LINEMEN, LINEMEN LINEMEN!

--hide--

Do you think Romo is worth the kind of contract he got?

04/18/2013 new

(Quote) Reena-961146 said: Yup Winfield's getting up there in age. Seattle drives me nuts as a 49er fan which is why I d...
(Quote) Reena-961146 said:

Yup Winfield's getting up there in age. Seattle drives me nuts as a 49er fan which is why I don't want to hear alot about what they're doing but didn't Seattle also sign Percy Harvin? Let's see how he'll fit in the Seahawks offense - I almost don't want to know. Wilson-Harvin, dangerous combination.

Tebow-Ponder joke - I wish I can take credit , someone posted it on facebook I think.

Jerry Jones - I can't wrap my head around that outrageous 108M contract with Romo. It really inflated qb salary- needlessly. I don't think Manning or Flacco gets paid that much. I know Kaep's contract is chump change. Even Alex Smith with 1x play off win doesn't get paid that much. Thank God for Salary Cap.

--hide--

I hated to see Harvin go, he is an unbelievable talent, and tough as nails. Adrian Peterson said losing Harvin was like a kick in the gut. Making Adrian mad is not good for the Vikings...to say the least!! I really like Toby Gerhardt, from your neck of the woods. Reminds me of Larry Czonka (spelling?), of Miami. Do you know anything about Gerhardt?
I never thought Romo was very good, was shocked to hear of his large contract.

04/18/2013 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said: Do you think Romo is worth the kind of contract he got?
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

Do you think Romo is worth the kind of contract he got?

--hide--
Ummmmm.......no. Sorry Romo fans....I like the guy but he is still making "rookie" mistakes and must need contacts because he never, ever sees the safety coming over to make a play on the ball. Either that or he thinks his mediocre arm can force the ball in. He DOES indeed make some stellar recoveries from pursuing defensive linemen....and quite frankly I can't believe he hasn't had MORE injuries; but he still gives up the ball to much and holds it like a loaf of bread. I feel sorry for him too...because our line lets guys in....like a "hot knife through butter" We have GOT to get OL; period!

04/18/2013 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said: I hated to see Harvin go, he is an unbelievable talent, and tough as nails. Adrian Peterson said...
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

I hated to see Harvin go, he is an unbelievable talent, and tough as nails. Adrian Peterson said losing Harvin was like a kick in the gut. Making Adrian mad is not good for the Vikings...to say the least!! I really like Toby Gerhardt, from your neck of the woods. Reminds me of Larry Czonka (spelling?), of Miami. Do you know anything about Gerhardt?

[/quote]

A kick in the gut - no kidding. Kind of like when Jerry Rice moved across the bay and into the darkness of the Oakland Raiders hehehe - talk about a kick in the gut and then some !

49ers signed a short "rental" FA TE Cameron Morrah from Seattle. I still think we'll draft a tight end and they'll all compete on who will start.

Toby Gerhardt - all I know is Jim Harbaugh was his coach in Stanford - that's good enough for me hehehe.

[quote]Ummmmm.......no. Sorry Romo fans....I like the guy but he is still making "rookie" mistakes and must need contacts because he never, ever sees the safety coming over to make a play on the ball. Either that or he thinks his mediocre arm can force the ball in. He DOES indeed make some stellar recoveries from pursuing defensive linemen....and quite frankly I can't believe he hasn't had MORE injuries; but he still gives up the ball to much and holds it like a loaf of bread. I feel sorry for him too...because our line lets guys in....like a "hot knife through butter" We have GOT to get OL; period!

--hide--

hahaha hot knife through butter . Have they signed any fa ol?

By the way - what do you all think about your regular season schedule? I was hoping to see a rematch against the Vikes - maybe in the play offs? scratchchin I plan on watching a game at The Stick as this will be their last season there and they blow it up afterwards.

04/18/2013 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said: I hated to see Harvin go, he is an unbelievable talent, and tough as nails. Adrian Peter...
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

--hide--

Kick in the gut - no kidding! Kind of like when Jerry Rice moved across the bay and into the darkness of the Oakland Raiders hehehe - talk about a kick in the gut and then some!

Toby Gerhardt - all I know is that Jim Harbaugh was his coach in Stanford - that's good enough for me hehehe.

04/20/2013 new

(Quote) Reena-961146 said: Kick in the gut - no kidding! Kind of like when Jerry Rice moved across the bay...
(Quote) Reena-961146 said:

Kick in the gut - no kidding! Kind of like when Jerry Rice moved across the bay and into the darkness of the Oakland Raiders hehehe - talk about a kick in the gut and then some!

Toby Gerhardt - all I know is that Jim Harbaugh was his coach in Stanford - that's good enough for me hehehe.

--hide--

I haven't checked out the Vikes schedule yet, but many sources are saying it is tough. Three night games in the middle of the season too.

Jerry Rice is my youngest sons favorite player. Sounds like Toby had a good coach...he plays like it!

Apr 21 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said: I haven't checked out the Vikes schedule yet, but many sources are saying it is tough. T...
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

I haven't checked out the Vikes schedule yet, but many sources are saying it is tough. Three night games in the middle of the season too.

Jerry Rice is my youngest sons favorite player. Sounds like Toby had a good coach...he plays like it!

--hide--

We have 5 primetime games I think. Ours is pretty hard. Two primetime games at home and London game. I will definitely be going to a game at The Stick as this will be their last season playing there - they are moving the Santa Clara.

Good choice of player for your son! highfive and yes TG does have a good coach - ever since Jim Harbaugh became the 49ers head coach in late 2010, let's just say our "quest for 6" continues.

Apr 25 new

Hcey everyone! I know it's the off season but come on! Draft's tomorrow!

I'm going to the 49ers Draft Party tomorrow in San Jose - any CM Bay Area members - please come and hello if you happen to be there wave

And I will boldly ask you all, to pray for me, who knows - maybe I can meet that special man who is also a 49ers fan and we both ride of into sunset or better yet Candle Stick Park lovestruck! Yeah, silly me biggrin

Apr 27 new

Well I can hear crickets here raspberry that's fine I'll continue my conversation with myself here but I think the football fans are hibernating... scratchchin

The Draft Party was fun , saw Dwight Clark and Patrick Willis and several other players.

I'm happy with our picks - Eric Reid S LSU, Vance McDonald TE Rice, Tank Carradine DE Florida State, Corey Lemonier LB Auburn clap

Eric Reid's stats are also better than Dashon Goldson (49ers lost him in FA and is now with the Bucs) but we'll see , like I said he'll have big shoes to fill.

I was hoping we'll take Tavon Austin but STL grabbed him - there was a collective groan in the crowd. He's now playing with our Division rival.

...DJ Hayden is now a Raider, I still like the kid despite of it . mischievous

Day 1 is a "line of scrimmage day" for both O and D, fascinating.

Geno Smith deserves better than The Jets I'm sorry. I hope they won't "mess with him" like they did Tebow. I don't get that move at all.

Matt Barkley is now an Eagles - it will be interesting to see how this team will do under Chip Kelly.

I want to see how Dion Jordan will do with the Dolphins...

#1 Draft pick Eric Fisher OT is now with the Chiefs , he'll be protecting Alex Smith - I'm still a fan of Alex Smith. Happy that he gets to be a starter again.

Comments? Anything? What do you all think of the Draft? What do you think of your picks?

---crickets----

Posts 21 - 30 of 61