Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

Apr 27 new

(Quote) Reena-961146 said: Well I can hear crickets here that's fine I'll continue my conversation with myself here ...
(Quote) Reena-961146 said:

Well I can hear crickets here that's fine I'll continue my conversation with myself here but I think the football fans are hibernating...

The Draft Party was fun , saw Dwight Clark and Patrick Willis and several other players.

I'm happy with our picks - Eric Reid S LSU, Vance McDonald TE Rice, Tank Carradine DE Florida State, Corey Lemonier LB Auburn

Eric Reid's stats are also better than Dashon Goldson (49ers lost him in FA and is now with the Bucs) but we'll see , like I said he'll have big shoes to fill.

I was hoping we'll take Tavon Austin but STL grabbed him - there was a collective groan in the crowd. He's now playing with our Division rival.

...DJ Hayden is now a Raider, I still like the kid despite of it .

Day 1 is a "line of scrimmage day" for both O and D, fascinating.

Geno Smith deserves better than The Jets I'm sorry. I hope they won't "mess with him" like they did Tebow. I don't get that move at all.

Matt Barkley is now an Eagles - it will be interesting to see how this team will do under Chip Kelly.

I want to see how Dion Jordan will do with the Dolphins...

#1 Draft pick Eric Fisher OT is now with the Chiefs , he'll be protecting Alex Smith - I'm still a fan of Alex Smith. Happy that he gets to be a starter again.

Comments? Anything? What do you all think of the Draft? What do you think of your picks?

---crickets----

--hide--

Reena, this is the sorriest I have ever seen the sports room. Maybe George from Iowa will come back, he is a big sports fan. That would make three of us. Too bad admin doesn't realize what a great thing these forums are. If they did they would do something about them.

Anyway, the Vikes had three picks in the first round....they were all great picks. That means the Vikes WILL win the Super Bowl and all that you losers in the AFC can do is pick the loser to the Vikes in the Super Bowl!!!

Apr 28 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said: Reena, this is the sorriest I have ever seen the sports room. Maybe George from Iowa wil...
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

Reena, this is the sorriest I have ever seen the sports room. Maybe George from Iowa will come back, he is a big sports fan. That would make three of us. Too bad admin doesn't realize what a great thing these forums are. If they did they would do something about them.

Anyway, the Vikes had three picks in the first round....they were all great picks. That means the Vikes WILL win the Super Bowl and all that you losers in the AFC can do is pick the loser to the Vikes in the Super Bowl!!!

--hide--

highfive What's up, Tom?! Well, hopefully more will join in the conversation.

The 49ers Vs The Vikes in the NFC Championship this year perhaps? Btw, sorry to hear that Peterson lost to Sanders to be on the Madden cover.

We drafted an Olympian too - Lawrence Okoye. We have 11 picks and my mind has no more room in my brain to remember them all laughing - got another qb, wr, de, lb, and rb (Lattimore - I'm pleasantly surprised he's a 9ner, I read about that horrible knee injury he had last year) and ot I think.

Does the Vikes have a "rallying cry"? Ravens fans bugs me to no end laughing with their " Oh-oh-woah-oh-oh-oh-oh" (From the White Stripe's song 7 Nation Army) - it's so much easier to coordinate than " Let's go 9ners!!! " or "Who's got it better than us? Noooobody!!!"

Anyway...quest for 6 continues

www.youtube.com

I hope hope for CM football fans wave, I really think it's off-season hibernation.

May 04 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said: Reena, this is the sorriest I have ever seen the sports room. Maybe George from Iowa wil...
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

--hide--

I hope that the Vikings can achieve a Super Bowl victory;I have been waiting since the very early seventies.

May 05 new

(Quote) Gerard-400247 said: I hope that the Vikings can achieve a Super Bowl victory;I have been waiting since the ...
(Quote) Gerard-400247 said:

I hope that the Vikings can achieve a Super Bowl victory;I have been waiting since the very early seventies.

--hide--

Yes! Another post besides me and Tom :D wave

Of all our drafts, I am most excited about Marcus Lattimore RB. Devastating knee injury did not make him a first round pick. I like how our FO is thinking long term when they picked him. Currently we have a solid RB roster with Gore, James, Hunter, Dixon etc. Coach Harbaugh said that Lattimore will probably not play this season because he will need to heal - works for us. Hopefully by 2014 he is healthy to play. In Jim (and Trent) we trust.

Nice and touching video of Lattimore's draft journey on NFL network. I notice how his Mom is obviously his biggest fan and I love his shirt - not afraid to show he's Christian biggrin

www.nfl.com

May 07 new

(Quote) Reena-961146 said: Yes! Another post besides me and Tom :D Of all our drafts, I am most excited ...

Yes! Another post besides me and Tom :D

Of all our drafts, I am most excited about Marcus Lattimore RB. Devastating knee injury did not make him a first round pick. I like how our FO is thinking long term when they picked him. Currently we have a solid RB roster with Gore, James, Hunter, Dixon etc. Coach Harbaugh said that Lattimore will probably not play this season because he will need to heal - works for us. Hopefully by 2014 he is healthy to play. In Jim (and Trent) we trust.

Nice and touching video of Lattimore's draft journey on NFL network. I notice how his Mom is obviously his biggest fan and I love his shirt - not afraid to show he's Christian

www.nfl.com

--hide--

According to the experts,the 49ers had an excellent draft.Also,they have done well through free agency.My grandfather was a big 49ers fan(based on his visits to the Bay Area).

The Vikings acquired three first round picks,with huge potential.They got top prospects at the positions of defensive tackle,cornerback,and wide receiver.Hopefully,these guys can made a quick impact.

Their schedule is very tough...they open the first two games on the road,host the next,"host" another in London.They have three prime time games in four weeks.Help!!!!! laughing laughing

May 08 new

(Quote) Gerard-400247 said: According to the experts,the 49ers had an excellent draft.Also,they have done well thro...

According to the experts,the 49ers had an excellent draft.Also,they have done well through free agency.My grandfather was a big 49ers fan(based on his visits to the Bay Area).

The Vikings acquired three first round picks,with huge potential.They got top prospects at the positions of defensive tackle,cornerback,and wide receiver.Hopefully,these guys can made a quick impact.

Their schedule is very tough...they open the first two games on the road,host the next,"host" another in London.They have three prime time games in four weeks.Help!!!!!

--hide--

Hey Gerard highfive so I take it you're a Vikes fan also? I'm feeling just a little outnumbered here hehe. You know I've been hearing mixed reviews - from grades A to B. I'm biased - I think our draft picks were an A grade haha. But I have to hand it to Seattle and St. Louis - the NFC West is looking pretty strong in the draft grades. I'm not an expert but I think the Jets is had a Circus of a draft.

Woah you weren't kidding about the Vikes schedule - back to back prime time games - whew! First home game is on week 3 - crazy. Vikes will be playing at Seattle - beat those Seachickens laughing any team that could beat Seattle is cool in my books hahaha

May 08 new

(Quote) Gerard-400247 said: According to the experts,the 49ers had an excellent draft.Also,they have done well ...

Their schedule is very tough...they open the first two games on the road,host the next,"host" another in London.They have three prime time games in four weeks.Help!!!!!

--hide--

Your Grandfather is one cool guy - sounds like a gold blooded person - like me :D . Yeah , the 9ners signed veteran FAs but "cheap" and "short term. "

May 09 new

(Quote) Reena-961146 said: Hey Gerard so I take it you're a Vikes fan also? I'm feeling just a little outnu...

Hey Gerard so I take it you're a Vikes fan also? I'm feeling just a little outnumbered here hehe. You know I've been hearing mixed reviews - from grades A to B. I'm biased - I think our draft picks were an A grade haha. But I have to hand it to Seattle and St. Louis - the NFC West is looking pretty strong in the draft grades. I'm not an expert but I think the Jets is had a Circus of a draft.

Woah you weren't kidding about the Vikes schedule - back to back prime time games - whew! First home game is on week 3 - crazy. Vikes will be playing at Seattle - beat those Seachickens any team that could beat Seattle is cool in my books hahaha

--hide--

Hi Reena, biggrin

I have been a Vikings fan,since I turned double digits.Originally,I was a Jets fan(don't share that with anybody). shhh shhh laughing They have nothing on Ringling Brothers... laughing laughing

The Nfc West is a very tough division.The 49ers are strong,the Seahawks picked up free agents and Percy Harvin(the Vikings got a #1,#7,and a conditional #3,in 2014.I believe that fair market compensation should have been a #2 and a #4)! The Rams will improve mainly because of their trade with the Redskins last season(the trading up for Robert Griffin,with a lot of top picks).The Cardinals might improve with their coaching change.It would be a pleasure,to cage the Seahawks... crossfingers

May 09 new

(Quote) Reena-961146 said: Your Grandfather is one cool guy - sounds like a gold blooded person - like me :D . ...

Your Grandfather is one cool guy - sounds like a gold blooded person - like me :D . Yeah , the 9ners signed veteran FAs but "cheap" and "short term. "

--hide--

My grandfather was a colorful character.He loved to visit San Francisco and often stayed at the St. Francis Hotel.He got me turned on to football,at an early age.His second favorite team was the Packers;he liked Vince Lombardi.

I like the 49ers free agent moves,especially at place kicker,wide receiver,and cornerback.

May 09 new

I'm too busy praying that my BFF gets a phone call from the Redskins. He was at their training camp last weekend.

It's tough for him cause he lined up next to Eric Fisher every game for the last few years...and no one knows who he is! Except, now a lot of people do because the Washington Times wrote a cool piece on him :D

Posts 31 - 40 of 61