Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

Jun 2nd 2013 new
Only 90 plus days until kick off! Can't wait!
Jun 5th 2013 new
(quote) Reena-961146 said: Only 90 plus days until kick off! Can't wait!
Hey Reena,

I'm with you on that... biggrin

Jun 5th 2013 new
Hey Gerard!
I can't believe it is only 90 days till kickoff! Anyway, I am actually encouraged by some of the changes the Dallas Cowboys have made. And I believe your assessment of Garrett actually being "on the bubble" is dead on.(this is a make or break year for him). We now have Bill Callahan who will be calling most of the offensive plays. (who is okay in my opinion) But, since defenses win championships I am even more pleased with the acquisition of Monty Kiffen who orchestrated the "Tampa Two" 4-3 scheme. (I have NEVER been a fan of the 3-4) Our current defensive personnel "up front" are more suited to a 4-3 anyway. Jay Ratliff is under 300 and plays nose tackle? HUH? However...put him up there with 3 others and he may have his best "sack" year ever!
Anyhow, I'll go out on a limb here and say the Dallas Cowboys WILL make the playoffs this year. Just my two cents~

Jun 12th 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-730726 said: Hey Gerard!
I can't believe it is only 90 days till kickoff! Anyway, I am actually encouraged by some of the changes the Dallas Cowboys have made. And I believe your assessment of Garrett actually being "on the bubble" is dead on.(this is a make or break year for him). We now have Bill Callahan who will be calling most of the offensive plays. (who is okay in my opinion) But, since defenses win championships I am even more pleased with the acquisition of Monty Kiffen who orchestrated the "Tampa Two" 4-3 scheme. (I have NEVER been a fan of the 3-4) Our current defensive personnel "up front" are more suited to a 4-3 anyway. Jay Ratliff is under 300 and plays nose tackle? HUH? However...put him up there with 3 others and he may have his best "sack" year ever!
Anyhow, I'll go out on a limb here and say the Dallas Cowboys WILL make the playoffs this year. Just my two cents~

Hey Jerry,

There is no doubt that Jason Garrett is on the hot seat.He is a good offensive coordinator,but has not yet proven himself as a top head coach.I don't believe that team ownership is willing to miss the playoffs and keep him on the
roster(even a short playoff run could have dire consequences).
I prefer the 4-3 scheme MIGHTILY over the 3-4.One thing is that you generate a more effective pass rush.
Jay Ratliffe has tremendous potential.As you say,put three others with him.
I would LOVE to see the Cowboys take their division.
The season will arrive before we know it!
Jun 12th 2013 new
(quote) Gerard-400247 said: Hey Jerry,

There is no doubt that Jason Garrett is on the hot seat.He is a good offensive coordinator,but has not yet proven himself as a top head coach.I don't believe that team ownership is willing to miss the playoffs and keep him on the
roster(even a short playoff run could have dire consequences).
I prefer the 4-3 scheme MIGHTILY over the 3-4.One thing is that you generate a more effective pass rush.
Jay Ratliffe has tremendous potential.As you say,put three others with him.
I would LOVE to see the Cowboys take their division.
The season will arrive before we know it!
Yep.....I DO believe in "up-field" pressure.
Heck....I'll jog your memory! How about when the Vikes had: Marshall, Page, Larson and Eller?
Jun 15th 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-730726 said: Yep.....I DO believe in "up-field" pressure.
Heck....I'll jog your memory! How about when the Vikes had: Marshall, Page, Larson and Eller?
The Purple People Eaters put a scare into many quarterbacks! They dominated in the seventies.
Jun 28th 2013 new
Aaron Hernandez...crazy
Jul 6th 2013 new
After another horrible baseball season, I'm definitely looking forward to the start of football season. Go Seahawks!!!
Jul 12th 2013 new
Someone up for creating a NFL Pre-season thread?

Aug 3rd 2013 new
Hi everyone,

Needed another female in here and a fan of a team that will spark discussion lol. I am a huge Bengals fan living in the Packer valley of the U.P of Michigan. Not many Bengals fans here that I know of.
Can't wait for the season it is right around the corner. Anyone gonna watch the Hard Knocks on the Bengals?? I know I am.
Before everyone starts teasing me or making fun of the Bengals, consider that they have been to playoffs last two years as a Wild Card and won the division in 2009 and 2005 so they can't be that bad! Playing in the same division as the Steelers and Ravens always makes it interesting.
For the other teams I have seen discussed on here 49ers and Vikes, they obviously are good. Vikes getting better and better too. Personally was rooting for 49's in SB as I don't like Ravens much and the Steelers even less... irked
Anyways, can't wait! Any fantasy football fans on here?
Posts 51 - 60 of 61