Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Mar 7th 2013 new

There are definite characterists of Cholerics... I see it all the time at work and that personalty is *USUALLY* not particularly compatible with mine. Of course there are exceptions, but that is usually a good indictor to me that my relationship will eventually go down in a cloud of smoke. I'm just too strong-minded, for better or for worse.

Have you found a lot of Melancholics or Phlegmatics on here?

Mar 7th 2013 new

Thank you! I wonder if if there's not a fatal attraction thing going on - being attracted to what doesn't work?

Mar 7th 2013 new

I wish I knew. It seems like guys say they want a demure and "blushing" girl, but the high maintenance chicks seem to get more dates. The same thing happens with ladies saying they want a "nice guy" and then chasing after a bad boy who treats them poorly.

Will any of us ever learn? lol

Mar 7th 2013 new
(Quote) Theodoric-68091 said: Thank you! I wonder if if there's not a fatal attraction thing going on - being attracted to what doesn&...
(Quote) Theodoric-68091 said:

Thank you! I wonder if if there's not a fatal attraction thing going on - being attracted to what doesn't work?

--hide--

I'd say that if you have found that certain personality types aren't very compatible with your own you should trust that. It's great that you can recognize that. I think sometimes we all have a tendency to be drawn to people unlike ourselves. I can't imagine being with someone just like me, and neither of us melancholics are good at planning dates/initiating activities. When I read that I'm compatible with sanguines and read about the different temperaments I was amazed at just how well I'd been figured out! But again, I really am surprised to hear there aren't many of us melancholics or "melancatholics" as my brother likes to say...I can't seem to escape them.

laughing
Mar 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Theodoric-68091 said: There are definite characterists of Cholerics... I see it all the time at work and that person...
(Quote) Theodoric-68091 said:

There are definite characterists of Cholerics... I see it all the time at work and that personalty is *USUALLY* not particularly compatible with mine. Of course there are exceptions, but that is usually a good indictor to me that my relationship will eventually go down in a cloud of smoke. I'm just too strong-minded, for better or for worse.

Have you found a lot of Melancholics or Phlegmatics on here?

--hide--

There used to be a list or graph showing the percentages of each temperament reflected on site.. But I can't find it now.. I am 93% phlegmatic/3% Sanguine and those results are pretty accurate..I am very laidback with little bursts of sanguine energy popping up now and then..

Mar 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: I think all this labeling is alot of hogwash myself, so I say find a girl you like, regardless of her...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

I think all this labeling is alot of hogwash myself, so I say find a girl you like, regardless of her "label," and see what happens.

--hide--

clap clap clap We have a winner. Anything on the top shelf!

Mar 7th 2013 new

The Melancholics and Phlegmatics are still out there, you just have to look wave

Mar 7th 2013 new

I think all personalities can work, but different issues arise and some are more 'challenging'. I just find it hard to have two heads without the relationship turning into a monster. Two people chillin is a lot easier to handle, tho pehaps less exciting :)

Mar 7th 2013 new

We can't help that we are attracted to certain types of individuals; just follow your heart and God will guide you. Being a phlegmatic, I know that I could never be attracted to another phlegmatic as a spouse because they would be just like me! Isn't that why opposites attract? cupid

Mar 8th 2013 new

Have you read Fulton Sheen's Three to get Married?? www.ewtn.com

So a search and read after the paragraph that begins:

The third cause of love, besides goodness and knowledge, is similarity. This is a denial of the oft-repeated axiom that "opposites attract." Opposites do attract, but only superficially. Tall men marry short girls; fast talkers marry good listeners; and tyrants marry Milquetoasts. But in a more profound way, it is not unlikeness but likeness which attracts.

I've thought about this long and hard... curious what you think?

Posts 11 - 20 of 140