Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Mar 8th 2013 new

I certainly enjoy that myself, I've just dated people where all we had was a serious faith connection but personality wise I was not happy.

(Quote) Joseph-903200 said: I actually enjoy theology and like to think it would be a basis for connecting with someone. So ...
(Quote) Joseph-903200 said:

I actually enjoy theology and like to think it would be a basis for connecting with someone. So I'd like for someone to at least be open to me blabbing about some book on church history I read only because its something I have a real interest in. When I read someone's profile and see that they really enjoy thinking about their faith it naturally attracts me.

But this goes both ways if they are not theological but maybe they can teach me a thing or to about relating to and loving different kinds of people it would be a good trade off.

I guess the name of the game is just meeting different sorts of people as long as the basics are there and learn to see wht works.

--hide--

Mar 8th 2013 new

Gents, I think this may be a gender-based distinction. Most folks I know who are heavy on the evangelism/theology kick are male. We women can hold our own in those discussions, but I believe that, in the main, they don't interest us as much as they do y'all.

Mar 8th 2013 new

Donna and I have a mutual acquaintance who is a lovely, faithfilled man -- but he has only two topics of conversation: apologetics and his profession. Twice I've spent a weekend with him and six others...and when any other subjects arose, he was silent. And the conversation ranged all over the place, from music to history to films to travel.

I want someone with more than two dimensions.

Mar 8th 2013 new

Marge my whole point exactly! Being in young adult circles and meeting friends of the same sex or looking for a date in the other is definate plus to have more than 2 dimensions! Actually in seminary - one of the 4 pillars was human formation and a great deal of guys struggled with that part of formation because they were young in that aspect.

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Donna and I have a mutual acquaintance who is a lovely, faithfilled man -- but he has only two to...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Donna and I have a mutual acquaintance who is a lovely, faithfilled man -- but he has only two topics of conversation: apologetics and his profession. Twice I've spent a weekend with him and six others...and when any other subjects arose, he was silent. And the conversation ranged all over the place, from music to history to films to travel.

I want someone with more than two dimensions.

--hide--

Mar 8th 2013 new

I think maybe some of it is that a Catholic website is a good way to find people who might be interested in discussing theology. I LOVE theology. I read alot of theologians just for fun. That's not the only thing I do, I play violin and piano. I love history and go to civil war reenactments. I am involved with theatre. I have a hard time connecting online when speaking about music, or about civil war reenactments...even to people who enjoy them. I train horses...but again, I have a hard time relating to those through a computer. Some things are simply "shared" experiences. Well, one thing you can share without being together is faith. Not true for alot of things. I don't really care to talk to much about music with someone who has not heard it with me. Civil war reenactments, not much also. Horses....some, I can talk about horses. But theology is easy to discuss on a Catholic website.

Mar 8th 2013 new

(Quote) David-622846 said: I certainly enjoy that myself, I've just dated people where all we had was a serious faith co...
(Quote) David-622846 said:

I certainly enjoy that myself, I've just dated people where all we had was a serious faith connection but personality wise I was not happy.

--hide--

That could be the case for any interest what makes for a real world connection is hard to pin down.

Mar 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Marissa-529206 said: I think maybe some of it is that a Catholic website is a good way to find people who might be i...
(Quote) Marissa-529206 said:

I think maybe some of it is that a Catholic website is a good way to find people who might be interested in discussing theology. I LOVE theology. I read alot of theologians just for fun. That's not the only thing I do, I play violin and piano. I love history and go to civil war reenactments. I am involved with theatre. I have a hard time connecting online when speaking about music, or about civil war reenactments...even to people who enjoy them. I train horses...but again, I have a hard time relating to those through a computer. Some things are simply "shared" experiences. Well, one thing you can share without being together is faith. Not true for alot of things. I don't really care to talk to much about music with someone who has not heard it with me. Civil war reenactments, not much also. Horses....some, I can talk about horses. But theology is easy to discuss on a Catholic website.

--hide--

good post marissa. It is good that you have tons of interests. What helps me is message boards...even for shared experiences like horseback riding.

Posts 11 - 17 of 17