Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Making lasagne. For the life of me, I cannot remember that it's sauce, noodle, cheese, sauce, noodle, cheese*. It's not that hard, and I'm not that dumb. Why can't I do this? ashamed

What "easy" thing do you have trouble with?

* First the shot, then the powder -- no, the wadding. Wait. First the wadding, then the shot... Or is it --?

Mar 8th 2013 new

It's sauce, noodles, sauce, cheese, repeat.

You need the liquid in the sauce to hydrate the noodles.

Who is the mortgagee and who is the mortgagor, and that is a bad thing for a lawyer....Just this week, found a way to remember it:

bORrower = mortgagOR

Mar 8th 2013 new

I'm too embarassed to tell you.

Mar 8th 2013 new
(Quote) Pat-5351 said: It's sauce, noodles, sauce, cheese, repeat. You need the liquid in the sauce to hydrate the noodles....
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

It's sauce, noodles, sauce, cheese, repeat.

You need the liquid in the sauce to hydrate the noodles.

Who is the mortgagee and who is the mortgagor, and that is a bad thing for a lawyer....Just this week, found a way to remember it:

bORrower = mortgagOR

--hide--
Pat Have always had the same trouble which as you note is problematic for us legal folks. Thanks for the tip
Mar 8th 2013 new
(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: I'm too embarassed to tell you.
(Quote) Beverly-936499 said:

I'm too embarassed to tell you.

--hide--
Don't be embarrassed Beverly...when your hands are on the wheel, left is the letter that your thumb and pointer finger makes. That is what the driving instructor told me when he said "your other left". For me, it is east and west. I get the cheat info and then forget it. The Beach Boys had a song that I would use but then I transposed the words. East coast girl, I really like the clothes they wear and the west coast girls , the way they kiss, they keep their boyfriends warm at night....is that it? Eileen
Mar 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: Don't be embarrassed Beverly...when your hands are on the wheel, left is the letter that your thumb...
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: Don't be embarrassed Beverly...when your hands are on the wheel, left is the letter that your thumb and pointer finger makes.
--hide--

That's hilarious! Love it! No, darlin'. I got that down pretty good. Actually, it's how I make my living, as I perform abstracted title for surface and mineral properties for oil companies. Fractions - that's it! I can calculate the decimals for 40 people dividing up a 1/8 interest, but often the companies want to know what the mineral acreage is expressed as a decimal for those same folks - get out of here! It was okay when I had a crew of recent college grads to do it for me - now - save me, please. Somebody put me out of my misery. I have to go to a tutorial everytime.

Worse than that, perhaps, is that I used to be able to get into a zone where I could work virtually 24 hours a day. Now, I find that I zone out - I think I'm developing ADD or something. That's the embarrasing part. I find myself too easily distracted these days.

Mar 8th 2013 new
(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: That's hilarious! Love it! No, darlin'. I got that down pretty good. Actually, it's h...
(Quote) Beverly-936499 said:

That's hilarious! Love it! No, darlin'. I got that down pretty good. Actually, it's how I make my living, as I perform abstracted title for surface and mineral properties for oil companies. Fractions - that's it! I can calculate the decimals for 40 people dividing up a 1/8 interest, but often the companies want to know what the mineral acreage is expressed as a decimal for those same folks - get out of here! It was okay when I had a crew of recent college grads to do it for me - now - save me, please. Somebody put me out of my misery. I have to go to a tutorial everytime.

Worse than that, perhaps, is that I used to be able to get into a zone where I could work virtually 24 hours a day. Now, I find that I zone out - I think I'm developing ADD or something. That's the embarrasing part. I find myself too easily distracted these days.

--hide--
I would love to help you, Beverly but I would be sitting next to you with the tutorial and a blank look on my face! I was told that the attention thing is hormonal. I asked my MD. Just FYI, it is not only you, I talk to my sisters about it frequently or at least I think I do when I remember! Eileen
Mar 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Making lasagne. For the life of me, I cannot remember that it's sauce, noodle, cheese, sauce,...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Making lasagne. For the life of me, I cannot remember that it's sauce, noodle, cheese, sauce, noodle, cheese*. It's not that hard, and I'm not that dumb. Why can't I do this?

What "easy" thing do you have trouble with?

* First the shot, then the powder -- no, the wadding. Wait. First the wadding, then the shot... Or is it --?

--hide--

TYPING!!!! I'm taking it again next month at a local community college. I have taken it before in one form or another.

WHY aren't the letters at least in alphabetical order???!!!

You're not supposed to look at the keys. I know not looking at them is supposed to save time, and I get why. But for me I can 1) put fingers on the proper keys and not look at them, but I will be typing VERY VERY VERY SLOWLY. OR, 2)I can look at the keys and speed up. So there. Besides, we now have spellcheck, right? hissyfit hissyfit

Mar 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Victoria-691000 said: TYPING!!!!
(Quote) Victoria-691000 said: TYPING!!!!
--hide--

Computer keyboards and texting are destroyers of typing speed. Hang in there girl!

Mar 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Making lasagne.
(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Making lasagne.
--hide--

Your lasagne reminded me of visiting with my son, his new bride, and inlaws at New Years. His father, my first husband, was Italian, and we have a family heirloom recipe for the meatballs. It was the first thing that his aunt showed me how to make when we married. My son requested that I make the meatballs for our New Years' dinner. For the life of me, I couldn't remember the proportions right, and they came out awful! I could see by his face he was a little disapointed - but, well - oh well. More of hormonal ADD thing.

Posts 1 - 10 of 31