Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

03/10/2013 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: Probably have to bring my own ketchup bottle
(Quote) Michael-76823 said:

Probably have to bring my own ketchup bottle

--hide--

If your flight takes you through TX, see if you can meet up with Tammy and borrow hers.

03/10/2013 new

I picture Texas as kind of flat, hot and dusty. Lots of cowboy hats, drawls, rodeos and big barbecues. And you can't go anywhere without being ma'amed! cowboy

03/10/2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: I've spent a lot of time in Maine..It is all granite coastline and mountains. The...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

I've spent a lot of time in Maine..It is all granite coastline and mountains. The Appalachian Trail begins in Baxter State Park.. Vermont is known for the White Mountains.. Very little really flat land in Maine. You are correct about the clapboard churches though. The timber industry is big in Maine so there are a lot of wood framed buildings.

I've never been to the Pacific Northwest so I always think of it as having lots of rainy weather.. Minnysoda = Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

--hide--

I lived in the Seattle area for a while, yes lots and lots of rain. You are right about MinnEsoTa!! It has been a very long winter.

03/10/2013 new

(Quote) Kathleen-5781 said: Ok Well when I think of Minnesota I think of Little House on the Praire :) Covered w...
(Quote) Kathleen-5781 said:

Ok Well when I think of Minnesota I think of Little House on the Praire :) Covered wagons and tough men working on farms.

New Jersey , well I live here, it has the best of everything but all jammed in a tiny state. William gave a good description. We have the beaches and mountains. The western part of the state is more rural. Funny on the border to PA there once read a sign, AMERICA starts here. Well NJ people didn't like that. Sort of like saying we are a toxic waste dump and we are not included in America. Well that sign did not last long. And from what I understand a lot of the waste and garbage goes to PA now since we are running out of room here in NJ.

Oh the Good Ole United States. I think each state has great history and has nice things in them.

Kathleen a native New Jersian although born in NYC oh and my mother is French Canadian. That is a beautiful country too !!!

--hide--

Little House on the Praire gives a view of southern Minn. Northern Minn. is full of tough iron miners and loggers, Jack Pine Savages, as we call them. My great grandfather came to central Minn. in a covered wagon.

French Canadians...I've been to Montreal....beautiful people, beautiful city.

03/10/2013 new
(Quote) Donna-83441 said: I've spent a lot of time in Maine..It is all granite coastline and mountains. The Appalachian Tr...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

I've spent a lot of time in Maine..It is all granite coastline and mountains. The Appalachian Trail begins in Baxter State Park.. Vermont is known for the White Mountains.. Very little really flat land in Maine. You are correct about the clapboard churches though. The timber industry is big in Maine so there are a lot of wood framed buildings.

I've never been to the Pacific Northwest so I always think of it as having lots of rainy weather.. Minnysoda = Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

--hide--
Sorry Donna, Vermont has the green mountains, and the best maple syrup, New Hampshire has the White Mountains. I visited Minnesota once found it boring, to flat, and no ocean close by.
03/10/2013 new
(Quote) Cortney-682048 said: You know, I always thought that about Vermont myself, but it turns out, it's just lush, green...
(Quote) Cortney-682048 said:

You know, I always thought that about Vermont myself, but it turns out, it's just lush, green hills and forrests with lots of mountain men and women (known for their beards - yes, both ) with a bent for survival and a high degree of common sense and earthy understanding.

The one that gets me is Hawaii. My brain tells me there must be some sort of commerce and business, but my minds eye says there's nothing but beaches and Lei's for miles.

--hide--
Aw Courtney, we don't have that many women with beards anymore, they all moved to New York State. We do have to many liberals in our largest city but you go to the small towns and you still find the Yankee ingenuity and friendliness. And this time of the year when the sugar houses are all busy boiling sap they love visitors.
03/10/2013 new

(Quote) Amber-931533 said: Ya sure, you betcha I love visiting family in MN. While I do avoid the lutefisk I love getting fr...
(Quote) Amber-931533 said:

Ya sure, you betcha I love visiting family in MN. While I do avoid the lutefisk I love getting fresh sweetcorn, eating hotdish and visiting family. We may go tubing, or just hang out by a lake. Once we went camping up by the boundry waters and that was absolutely beautiful. Also you can see many more stars in rural MN than you can in the Chicago area.

Other impressions of MN, no one likes spicy food and there is ketchup on the table everywhere, even at Mexican restaurants. People really are Minnesota nice. They may not be outgoing to strangers but they will be polite. Also there are wonderful desserts in Minnesota. Potlucks are particularly fun since you can normally sample several varieties of jello salad in addition to all the hotdish. I lived there for one year. It was a rather mild winter, I only got snowed in once and never went off the road into the ditch. People were bemoaning the unseasonable warmth that interfered with everything from ice fishing to dog sledding and ice sculpting at a winter carnival.

--hide--

Sweetcorn, hotdish and jello salad....you are making me all melancholy for my childhood. wink I am glad you had a chance to camp in the Boundry Waters Canoe Area. Everyone should have to do that once in their lifetime....it is awesome. Mild winters do hurt us economically up here in Northern Minn. This year has been awesome, not super cold, but cold enough, and lots of snow. Snowmobilers all over the place!

03/10/2013 new

(Quote) Amber-931533 said: Ya sure, you betcha I love visiting family in MN. While I do avoid the lutefisk I love getting fr...
(Quote) Amber-931533 said:

Ya sure, you betcha I love visiting family in MN. While I do avoid the lutefisk I love getting fresh sweetcorn, eating hotdish and visiting family. We may go tubing, or just hang out by a lake. Once we went camping up by the boundry waters and that was absolutely beautiful. Also you can see many more stars in rural MN than you can in the Chicago area.

Other impressions of MN, no one likes spicy food and there is ketchup on the table everywhere, even at Mexican restaurants. People really are Minnesota nice. They may not be outgoing to strangers but they will be polite. Also there are wonderful desserts in Minnesota. Potlucks are particularly fun since you can normally sample several varieties of jello salad in addition to all the hotdish. I lived there for one year. It was a rather mild winter, I only got snowed in once and never went off the road into the ditch. People were bemoaning the unseasonable warmth that interfered with everything from ice fishing to dog sledding and ice sculpting at a winter carnival.

--hide--

Sweetcorn, hotdish and jello salad....you are making me all melancholy for my childhood. wink I am glad you had a chance to camp in the Boundry Waters Canoe Area. Everyone should have to do that once in their lifetime....it is awesome. Mild winters do hurt us economically up here in Northern Minn. This year has been awesome, not super cold, but cold enough, and lots of snow. Snowmobilers all over the place!

03/10/2013 new

I picture Vermont have trees all over the place producing maple syrup.

I picture gators in the grass in Florida (not my favorite animal)
I picture West Virginia people being very friendly. And Kentucky as well.

I picture everyone from Calif being stoned all the time. And don't mess with those girls in Chicago- they have some dangerous connections!

Everyone gambles in Nevada. And lots of Amish in PA

03/10/2013 new

(Quote) Bob-644239 said: Sorry Donna, Vermont has the green mountains, and the best maple syrup, New Hampshire has the White Mounta...
(Quote) Bob-644239 said: Sorry Donna, Vermont has the green mountains, and the best maple syrup, New Hampshire has the White Mountains. I visited Minnesota once found it boring, to flat, and no ocean close by.
--hide--

Technicalities.. I knew they were a color.. tongue

Posts 31 - 40 of 102