Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Mar 10th 2013 new
(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Technicalities.. I knew they were a color..
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Technicalities.. I knew they were a color..

--hide--
Actually you we're half right, they are,white in the winter!
Mar 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Cortney-682048 said: I am! There are no nice little mom and pop cafes; sorry to dissappoint! There are,...
(Quote) Cortney-682048 said:

I am! There are no nice little mom and pop cafes; sorry to dissappoint! There are, however, a ton of little hole-in-the-wall, melt in your mouth BBQ places with names like "Butt Hutt." ;) True story.

--hide--
Hey Cortney...just wantted to say I love Alabama! I have been a few times and wouls love to move there!!! faint wave CowGirl

I picture Main with many beautiful moose.

Mar 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Bob-644239 said: Actually you we're half right, they are,white in the winter!
(Quote) Bob-644239 said: Actually you we're half right, they are,white in the winter!
--hide--

laughing laughing Good one!

Mar 10th 2013 new

I perceive.......

Louisiana.....as steamy & hot with lots of swamps and Mardi Gras beads

Arizona.....as dry & sandy with cactus & golf courses

Idaho....as beautifully mountainous with horses and 500 acre ranches cowboy CowGirl

Vermont.....as splendid in autumn color (unmatched to our Michigan color, though wink ) and delicious maple syrup

Mar 10th 2013 new

Texas has every geographic characteristic of every state in the nation.

In the East there are rolling hills and 3-4 story pine forests;

In the Southeast, it is much like the Southwest Louisiana prairie, hardwoods, live oaks, flat plains, many, bayous, lakes and waterways;

The central hill country is called the provenance of the U.S. and it is; beautiful high hills, cotton woods, vinyards, German, Italian and French hill country towns spread throughout, and of course, San Antonio, the heart and head of the Spanish mission trail into East Texas and Louisiana, and Austin, the metropolitan hub of the South now;

South Central, beautiful foothills going into the mountain region of West Texas;

The panhandle - one can drive 30 miles across cotton field planes and immediately, in the blink of an eye, find one's self in the heart of a gorgeous orange canyon;

West Texas - the mountain region, with moutains as high as any in the U.S.;

Mid Central Texas - hot, dry, dusty, desert - which has it's own kind of beauty.

Mar 10th 2013 new

Louisiana - I could not post enough pics to show you the beauty of Louisiana; swamps yes - but primeval, live oaks centuries old, magnolia trees as large as pines in most states; cape jesamine, crepe mytle, wystiria fill those swamps in the spring, cypress as old as time in the swamps that do change color with the seasons, old villages and towns so lovely you never want to leave, and music and dancing....

Mar 11th 2013 new

It is a fact that Rhode Island doesn't even exist.

A map maker in the 1700s added it to the East Coast to see if anybody would notice.

Mar 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: I'll be traveling to Arizona for the first time at the end of April, for CM-Phoenix (only $9...
(Quote) Michael-76823 said:

I'll be traveling to Arizona for the first time at the end of April, for CM-Phoenix (only $99/night, heckuva deal ) My impression is hot, dry (hopefully not so much in April, however), scorpions and snakes everywhere Lots of old people, too, I imagine ... kinda used to that from prior trips to FL, except the FL old people mostly seem to come from NY, and Arizona has lots of Minnesotan's, I hear. Looking forward to trying some real Mexican food, maybe even try something spicy. Probably have to bring my own ketchup bottle

--hide--

You betcha, Arizona has good Mexican food! laughing Mexico I mean they better, they used to be PART of Mexico .....

When I stayed in Sedona in 2009, there was a nice Mexican restaurant within zooming distance Rolling Along of my resort.

Mar 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Christina-933729 said: I perceive.......Louisiana.....as steamy & hot with lots of swamps and Mardi Gras...
(Quote) Christina-933729 said:

I perceive.......

Louisiana.....as steamy & hot with lots of swamps and Mardi Gras beads

--hide--

I'll get to find out for myself in a little over two months -- I'm going to New Orleans for my timeshare exchange vacation! And plans are already in the works to meet up with some CMers! hyper

Mar 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: Louisiana - I could not post enough pics to show you the beauty of Louisiana; swamps yes - but primeva...
(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: Louisiana - I could not post enough pics to show you the beauty of Louisiana; swamps yes - but primeval, live oaks centuries old, magnolia trees as large as pines in most states; cape jesamine, crepe mytle, wystiria fill those swamps in the spring, cypress as old as time in the swamps that do change color with the seasons, old villages and towns so lovely you never want to leave, and music and dancing....
--hide--

Beverly,

Your beautiful description changes by mind a bit! biggrin

God bless!

Posts 41 - 50 of 102