Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Mar 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said: South Dakota is great. The Black Hills are awesome and Mt. Rushmore is something every Ameri...
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

South Dakota is great. The Black Hills are awesome and Mt. Rushmore is something every American should see.

--hide--

This Canadian has seen Mt. Rushmore...loved the Black Hills, though the camping choices were limited and not really camping. I mean my choices were to pay $50+ per night for a campsite that had no vegetation on the ground but did have a pool and waterslide and Flintstones theme park...or $10 per night for a spot that had grass, but no firepit/bbq or separation between the sites. My idea of camping includes a place to have a fire and an unpaved, ungraveled place to pitch my tent.

Mar 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: Texas has every geographic characteristic of every state in the nation.In the East ther...
(Quote) Beverly-936499 said:

Texas has every geographic characteristic of every state in the nation.

In the East there are rolling hills and 3-4 story pine forests;

In the Southeast, it is much like the Southwest Louisiana prairie, hardwoods, live oaks, flat plains, many, bayous, lakes and waterways;

The central hill country is called the provenance of the U.S. and it is; beautiful high hills, cotton woods, vinyards, German, Italian and French hill country towns spread throughout, and of course, San Antonio, the heart and head of the Spanish mission trail into East Texas and Louisiana, and Austin, the metropolitan hub of the South now;

South Central, beautiful foothills going into the mountain region of West Texas;

The panhandle - one can drive 30 miles across cotton field planes and immediately, in the blink of an eye, find one's self in the heart of a gorgeous orange canyon;

West Texas - the mountain region, with moutains as high as any in the U.S.;

Mid Central Texas - hot, dry, dusty, desert - which has it's own kind of beauty.

--hide--
So true, I live their for 18 years and barely saw any of it. TX is awesome to say the least.

Mar 21st 2013 new

I see PA as a state that has at least SIX taxes....no I am NOT kidding...one is called a head tax or breathing tax apparently and runs 300 dollars. And poor services for all those taxes. Hey, we need to provide free lunches for all these kids that throw their food in the cafetaria beecause they have no apprciation for all their free stuff. Schools that don't have alternative centers or ISS for students who can't be touched, so even first graders disrespect their teachers....well, that is probably in every state. Winters that cause people to almost die when driving home from a job that should have closed early and didn't and don't bother clearing those roads any time soon. The definition of PA is the place where insane people live unless of course you are there because your family is there. wink

Yes, I cheated....I not only visited but live here...for now anyway...family, not insanity.

Ok, so as to not be completely negative, we also have Hershey Park and Knoebels Grove and Dutch Wonderland and Del Grossis which you gotta love....and some moutains, rivers, and lakes.

Mar 21st 2013 new

I haven't been to many states, but Hawaii is on my short list of places to visit. I perceive it as God's gift to humanity, as a preview of Heaven. surfing

Mar 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Lisa-54615 said: I haven't been to many states, but Hawaii is on my short list of places to visit. I perceive it...
(Quote) Lisa-54615 said:

I haven't been to many states, but Hawaii is on my short list of places to visit. I perceive it as God's gift to humanity, as a preview of Heaven.

--hide--

WRONG. Minnesota is! irked

Mar 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said: I picture Maine and Vermont with a bunch of uptight protestants going around frowning at eve...
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

I picture Maine and Vermont with a bunch of uptight protestants going around frowning at everybody.

BTW, their fall leaves aren't as pretty as ours.

--hide--

I'm not sure why you think of Protestants when you think of Maine and Vermont. All of New England has more Catholics than Protestants. Whether they are mostly practicing Catholics...that's another question. I'm quite sure most are not in MA and RI. I don't know about the other states. Also, would love to visit MN to see your fall leaves. Since NE is known for autumn, I assumed we had the most beatiful fall leaves in the country.

Mar 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: I see PA as a state that has at least SIX taxes....no I am NOT kidding...one is called a head ta...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

I see PA as a state that has at least SIX taxes....no I am NOT kidding...one is called a head tax or breathing tax apparently and runs 300 dollars. And poor services for all those taxes. Hey, we need to provide free lunches for all these kids that throw their food in the cafetaria beecause they have no apprciation for all their free stuff. Schools that don't have alternative centers or ISS for students who can't be touched, so even first graders disrespect their teachers....well, that is probably in every state. Winters that cause people to almost die when driving home from a job that should have closed early and didn't and don't bother clearing those roads any time soon. The definition of PA is the place where insane people live unless of course you are there because your family is there.

Yes, I cheated....I not only visited but live here...for now anyway...family, not insanity.

Ok, so as to not be completely negative, we also have Hershey Park and Knoebels Grove and Dutch Wonderland and Del Grossis which you gotta love....and some moutains, rivers, and lakes.

--hide--

Being from Taxachusetts, I can feel your pain. The Department of Transitional Aid is also a joke. The Commonwealth...for the poor?? Ha! That's a big joke. Rhode Island is way better to their poor so at least they have something to show for their tax dollars. I would also rather live in PA because at least your state supports the 2nd ammendment. I'm not a big gun person or anything, but I do believe in our consititutional rights, though they don't seem to be protected here in MA. Many of us MA folks are pretty much raised to hate and fear all guns.

Positive side to MA...um....thinking....thinking....um.....

hmm....the historical buildings and the seasons. And for me, my family is here. Otherwise...I would pack and get out yesterday.

Mar 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Amy-951411 said: I'm not sure why you think of Protestants when you think of Maine and Vermont. All ...
(Quote) Amy-951411 said:

I'm not sure why you think of Protestants when you think of Maine and Vermont. All of New England has more Catholics than Protestants. Whether they are mostly practicing Catholics...that's another question. I'm quite sure most are not in MA and RI. I don't know about the other states. Also, would love to visit MN to see your fall leaves. Since NE is known for autumn, I assumed we had the most beatiful fall leaves in the country.

--hide--

New England has more Catholics than protestants.....I'm surprised. It is pretty sad than, considering how liberal that area is. Hollywod must have made me think that, plus the pilgrims were protestant.

Our fall leaves are spectacular, especially the northern half of the state. Up around Ely, the north shore of Lake Superior, the Arrowhead region, and the Boundary Waters Canoe Area. Last year was awesome, like the trees were on fire. Motel rooms are very scarce in the fall.

Mar 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said: New England has more Catholics than protestants.....I'm surprised. It is pretty sad ...
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

New England has more Catholics than protestants.....I'm surprised. It is pretty sad than, considering how liberal that area is. Hollywod must have made me think that, plus the pilgrims were protestant.

Our fall leaves are spectacular, especially the northern half of the state. Up around Ely, the north shore of Lake Superior, the Arrowhead region, and the Boundary Waters Canoe Area. Last year was awesome, like the trees were on fire. Motel rooms are very scarce in the fall.

--hide--

Oh...those reasons make sense. Yes..unfortunately there are probably a lot more cafeteria Catholics than devout Catholics around here. Especially in MA and RI...we're liberal first, and Catholic second. I don't consider myself part of that group though...I'm devout, but I have to tolerate a lot of that attitude. Personally....I think good protestants are often much better practicing christians than cafeteria Catholics. You may be surprised to learn RI has the highest % of Catholics in the country. Just over 50% I believe.

Mar 22nd 2013 new
(Quote) Amy-951411 said: Being from Taxachusetts, I can feel your pain. The Department of Transitional Aid is also a joke. The Com...
(Quote) Amy-951411 said:

Being from Taxachusetts, I can feel your pain. The Department of Transitional Aid is also a joke. The Commonwealth...for the poor?? Ha! That's a big joke. Rhode Island is way better to their poor so at least they have something to show for their tax dollars. I would also rather live in PA because at least your state supports the 2nd ammendment. I'm not a big gun person or anything, but I do believe in our consititutional rights, though they don't seem to be protected here in MA. Many of us MA folks are pretty much raised to hate and fear all guns.

Positive side to MA...um....thinking....thinking....um.....

hmm....the historical buildings and the seasons. And for me, my family is here. Otherwise...I would pack and get out yesterday.

--hide--
Don't forget the Red Sox , Celts and Pats.
Posts 91 - 100 of 102