Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Mar 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: During the 1970s, the energy crisis came to the forefront and some states voted to add Daylight Sa...
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

During the 1970s, the energy crisis came to the forefront and some states voted to add Daylight Savings Time to conserve energy. Most of the continental U. S. has since adopted this law except for some areas in Indiana and a very small segment of Arizona. There may be others for which I am not aware.

--hide--

As has already been pointed out, Indiana has since gone to DST.

But I always found it fascinating how sometimes people would get the situation almost, but not quite right. It wasn't a question that there were a few areas that didn't observe DST. It was the opposite- there were only a few that did. Only 14 of the 92 counties in the state changed their clocks. But I once had some woman who had never set foot in Indiana argue with me about it.

Sadly, Mitch Daniels pushed the DST legislation through a number of years ago. I was so bummed. I hate DST.

Mar 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: The northwestern corner depends on all it's TV etc from Chicago so I figure that&...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

The northwestern corner depends on all it's TV etc from Chicago so I figure that's why they are, why the southwestern counties decided to go that way is a mystery..There was a bill introduced this week to put us all on Central.. I would rather stay on Eastern. They need to leave well enough alone now. I always thought the reason for Daylight Savings was to give the farmers more daylight hours..

--hide--

I think the Evansville area was staying with St. Louis, but I never understood why since they aren't that close. And then the counties around Cincinnati always stayed with Cinci which at least made sense.

Mar 15th 2013 new
Actually, most of AZ does NOT observe DST.It is only a small portion that does. I lived there for a few years and from what I understand the only part of AZ that observes DST is those portions on the Navajo reservation. I found out that with portions of the rez in NM and UT which also observe DST it was observed in those areas of AZ so that there weren't portions of the rez that did and portions that didn't.
Mar 15th 2013 new

I love DST! I wouldn't be able to complete my outdoor tasks (mowing the lawn, tending to my garden, painting jobs, etc) without it. Plus, it's always fun having the latest sunset at 9:25pm because it gives one more time to linger outside and enjoy the day!

Mar 15th 2013 new

I think the whole thing is ridiculous.

Mar 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: I think the whole thing is ridiculous.
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

I think the whole thing is ridiculous.

--hide--

Pat,

Tell us what you really think. laughing laughing laughing

Blessings, Praying hug rose

Leon

Posts 11 - 16 of 16