Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

animal print clothing??

Mar 9th 2013 new

Does wearing wild cat patterned clothing (cheetah, leopard, tiger, etc) say anything to you? Does it, as I've heard, put out a certain vibe, such as 'sexy' or such? It seems to me many women who wear these are often trying to get attention and going for a 'hot, loose, ready' look. Not all, of course, and I'm not trying to condemn anyone! But I'd just like to know what others' honest opinions are. If your first face-to-face date showed up in a formfitting above-the-knee cheetah patterned dress, like the one just passed on to me by a friend, what would your thoughts be, men? And women -- do you have an impression favorable or unfavorable -- about women and girls in cat patterned clothing? My impression has been clouded, I'm sure, because most of the cat print clothing I've seen has also been tailored to be tight, low-cut necklines and mini-skirt length, showy, and not very modest.

Mar 9th 2013 new
There is actually a woman I know who wears animal print. But it's not tight, or form fitting....it's mainly skirts. And they hit chin length and she wears them with boots in the winter. I would be hard pressed to think this very suggestive as it covers EVERYTHING. But I think when most people think "animal print"....they think skin tight mini skirts...low, low cut blouses. In college I made a leopard print skirt that was really cute(I call those my fashion "wild years' because I don't wear alot of weird prints now), but it was also below the knee and not suggestive at all. So really it depends on each outfit.
Mar 9th 2013 new

He Rachel... waveGreat post. I say that because I love the leaopard print, but not too tight or overdone.

For instance I have gloves that have that trim, I have a spring scarf, a skirt and a small bag for books etc. I like the dress look but I know it may potray another message so I don't wear that. I used to wear certain types of clothes, leather skirt and jacket with boots etc. I was told that it was too sexy....not what I conciously was trying to portray. So had to break up the outfit, wear one without the other etc. Don't wear skirts above the knees anymore, too old for that.

Let's face it we all want to look good without out being an object. But clothes in a modest sense can be just as "sexy" or attractive if done right! wink

Mar 9th 2013 new

um, Jane -- how can 'sexy' be 'modest'?? if clothing makes you look sexy to others, they are thinking about your body and sex, not you as a person. sexy ≠ modest

Mar 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: Does wearing wild cat patterned clothing (cheetah, leopard, tiger, etc) say anything to you? Doe...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

Does wearing wild cat patterned clothing (cheetah, leopard, tiger, etc) say anything to you? Does it, as I've heard, put out a certain vibe, such as 'sexy' or such? It seems to me many women who wear these are often trying to get attention and going for a 'hot, loose, ready' look. Not all, of course, and I'm not trying to condemn anyone! But I'd just like to know what others' honest opinions are. If your first face-to-face date showed up in a formfitting above-the-knee cheetah patterned dress, like the one just passed on to me by a friend, what would your thoughts be, men? And women -- do you have an impression favorable or unfavorable -- about women and girls in cat patterned clothing? My impression has been clouded, I'm sure, because most of the cat print clothing I've seen has also been tailored to be tight, low-cut necklines and mini-skirt length, showy, and not very modest.

--hide--

Rachel I love animal print - in fact years ago I had a two piece outfit that was bron/black animal print and found a brown hat with a scarf around it with animal print to match the dress. It was stylish and classy and everyone complimented me. It is like with anything regarding wardrobe, it is the quality and the boldness if it is stylish or flashy. The majority of animal print I would not wear but when I find the right one I buy it and enjoy it.

Mar 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: um, Jane -- how can 'sexy' be 'modest'?? if clothing makes you look sexy to othe...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

um, Jane -- how can 'sexy' be 'modest'?? if clothing makes you look sexy to others, they are thinking about your body and sex, not you as a person. sexy ≠ modest

--hide--
Perhaps the word "feminine" could be substituted for "sexy". Would that put this in a better perspective for you?

As far as people's bodies (men's and women's alike), there is no perfection - not even in the movie "10" that came out several years ago. But....we can appreciate the Good Lord's creation without crossing improper boundaries.

Mar 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Perhaps the word "feminine" could be substituted for "sexy". Would that put thi...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Perhaps the word "feminine" could be substituted for "sexy". Would that put this in a better perspective for you?

As far as people's bodies (men's and women's alike), there is no perfection - not even in the movie "10" that came out several years ago. But....we can appreciate the Good Lord's creation without crossing improper boundaries.

--hide--

No -- at least to me, sexy and feminine are vastly different things. Feminine does not blatantly shout sexual, but should arrouse protective, sweet, loving appreciation in men. Sexy clothing arrouses selfish, possessive feelings. What I'm asking is what feelings does animal print clothing in general arrouse in men?

Mar 9th 2013 new

Rachel,

I have a different spin to put on this topic. As a blonde woman born in the month of August (think Leo), I have always been attracted to animal prints and have been wearing them since I began sewing some outfits in high school way back when. I am not now, nor have I ever been trying to attract "attention", nor am I "loose". I grew up in Chicago and worked for a fashion designer before attending graduate school. Right now, as I am going to evening mass tonight, I am wearing a black outfit with a long, beautiful animal print scarf. I have red nail polish on my fingernails (that I applied myself). I also love to wear bright red outfits with my animal print accessories. In my life are a circle of friends who like me for me - including my sometimes flashy clothes.

It is sad for me to think that this type of fashion statement (animal prints) may have been reduced to only tight and form fitting pieces by some clothing manufacturers. My experience has been different. I don't enjoy tight fitting clothes and wear tasteful and colorful ensembles. When I like to wear a nice outfit (not in the jeans category), one way of expressing my individuality is to often wear an animal print blouse, long sleeve top (that is not form fitting) or accessory. So, I think a woman needs both good fashion sense and confidence to be able to wear animal print. Whenever I see a woman who has ANY animal print on (even hats!), I always compliment them because I think it looks great. IMHO wave

Lois

Mar 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-25961 said: Rachel I love animal print - in fact years ago I had a two piece outfit that was bron/black...
(Quote) Mary-25961 said:

Rachel I love animal print - in fact years ago I had a two piece outfit that was bron/black animal print and found a brown hat with a scarf around it with animal print to match the dress. It was stylish and classy and everyone complimented me. It is like with anything regarding wardrobe, it is the quality and the boldness if it is stylish or flashy. The majority of animal print I would not wear but when I find the right one I buy it and enjoy it.

--hide--
I agree with Maryl, it depends on how you accessorize. I'm no fashionista, but you could add a small tan clutch purse and a thin belt. It's a busy dress with simplicity. The scarf and hat would be perfect for the printed dress. With all the colors and patterns people wear today, I do know if anyone would pay attention. Realistically, I will have to wait about ten more years before I can respectably pull it off.

Mar 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-25961 said: (Quote) Rachel-731570 said: Does wearing wild cat patterned clothing (cheeta...
(Quote) Mary-25961 said:

Quote:
Rachel-731570 said:

--hide--

I can imagine that you look very very good in it and that it goes very well with your coloring if it is the right print.

Posts 1 - 10 of 48