Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Mar 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: Does wearing wild cat patterned clothing (cheetah, leopard, tiger, etc) say anything to you? Doe...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

Does wearing wild cat patterned clothing (cheetah, leopard, tiger, etc) say anything to you? Does it, as I've heard, put out a certain vibe, such as 'sexy' or such? It seems to me many women who wear these are often trying to get attention and going for a 'hot, loose, ready' look. Not all, of course, and I'm not trying to condemn anyone! But I'd just like to know what others' honest opinions are. If your first face-to-face date showed up in a formfitting above-the-knee cheetah patterned dress, like the one just passed on to me by a friend, what would your thoughts be, men? And women -- do you have an impression favorable or unfavorable -- about women and girls in cat patterned clothing? My impression has been clouded, I'm sure, because most of the cat print clothing I've seen has also been tailored to be tight, low-cut necklines and mini-skirt length, showy, and not very modest.

--hide--

I don't live in an area of the counrty where I see a lot of people decked out in lots of clothes and accessories every day Personally I don't wear those patterns. I might if I ever found a small belt or something small. Big Prints tend to overwhelm my frame so I keep to small ones. I am not personally drawn to those prints but if I found something small or in a smallish purse or something or a belt I might consider wearing it with something in a camel color. I tend to think of fashion in terms of what looks good on a person and not add judgments like as to sexy, loose or immoral, but i will read this thread....

Mar 9th 2013 new

Tight clothing with low cut necklines have dominated the style for a few years now or for many years now and have progressively gotten more revealing. Some of the fashions where women are wearing short short dresses which should be considered tunics are a bit much.. Things are a bit out of control in terms of what many in Holly wood are wearing. Nevertheless the large loose tops are back and that is somewhat encouraging in general. Prints alone, just don't mean that much to me but how tight something is- speaks more to me than a print does. Again I don't live in a part of California or the country wear people deck themselves out too much.

Mar 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: If your first face-to-face date showed up in a formfitting above-the-knee cheetah patterned dres...

If your first face-to-face date showed up in a formfitting above-the-knee cheetah patterned dress, like the one just passed on to me by a friend, what would your thoughts be, men? And women -- do you have an impression favorable or unfavorable -- about women and girls in cat patterned clothing? My impression has been clouded, I'm sure, because most of the cat print clothing I've seen has also been tailored to be tight, low-cut necklines and mini-skirt length, showy, and not very modest.

--hide--

If a woman showed up in a tight above-the-knee dress in any color or print, I would guess that she wouldn't come across as modest to her date. So in this case, it's not so much about the print, but about the cut and fit of the outfit.

That said, I think in general animal prints do say "flashy" to a certain extent. That doesn't necessarily mean "sexy" or suggestive though. Every woman's style is different, and some like brighter, flashier colors and patterns while others like more subdued. Both can be modest. It's kind of like bright red lipstick - I think it makes a different statement than skin-color gloss, but is it necessarily a negative statement?

As far as fashion advice in general - I've heard or read somewhere that animal prints are best worn in small doses: an animal print skirt with a solid top looks better than an entire animal print outfit. Like others have said, animal print accessories go a long way too.

Mar 9th 2013 new
I love animal print! I'll bet close to a third of my wardrobe has some touches of animal prints, some a little, some a lot! I also love bright colors and LOTS of bling! My clothes are extremely feminine and tasteful. Three cheers for animal prints!!!
Mar 9th 2013 new

It depends on the outfit, as with any material. I don't have anything animal print simply because I've never seen any animal print available for purchase that I liked (standards of modesty are built into my "like"), but I wouldn't be averse to it simply because of the print. After all, solid colors come in the same form-fitting, low-cut, high-cut mess that animal prints tend to, and I doubt we women are all averse to wearing solids. :)

Mar 9th 2013 new

I've never been a huge fan of animal print, but not opposed necessarily either. One of my daughter's loves animal prints and her bathroom is done in zebra. When she was a teen her bedroom was done in pink cheetah or leopard and she often wears animal print shirts etc. One day she had misplaced her makeup bag and put out on Facebook if I'd seen it or her sisters. I did in fact have it in my bathroom and wrote back, you mean the white, black and pink one with the leopard print. To which one of my other daughters wrote back. . . "Uhmm mom that would be zebra." LOL after looking at it, I had to agree it was indeed zebra. . .can't tell my herbivore prints from my carnivore prints :-((

Mar 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: um, Jane -- how can 'sexy' be 'modest'?? if clothing makes you look sexy to othe...

um, Jane -- how can 'sexy' be 'modest'?? if clothing makes you look sexy to others, they are thinking about your body and sex, not you as a person. sexy ≠ modest

--hide--
Well maybe sexy means different things to different people..modesty can be attractive..

I'll use that word instead. I am a very modest dresser, i even wear a mantiila to church. I have been told that is attractive to men. Although I go to church for God and my soul. Some people look good in a potato sack, if you love someone it doesnt matter. Maybe I am saying it wrong here. I find a man that loves God incredibly attractive! Didn't mean to offend anyone.

Mar 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Perhaps the word "feminine" could be substituted for "sexy". Would that put thi...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Perhaps the word "feminine" could be substituted for "sexy". Would that put this in a better perspective for you?

As far as people's bodies (men's and women's alike), there is no perfection - not even in the movie "10" that came out several years ago. But....we can appreciate the Good Lord's creation without crossing improper boundaries.

--hide--
Thanks Ray that is all I was saying, I think it all depends on how you wear what you wear. I guess the word sexy gets overused. I by no means meant to be used as an object or anyone else. My mother had a beautiful car coat that was red witha leopard trim collar and ahe looked gorgeous in it. she was the most conservative but feminine dresser I have ever met. She was like Donna Reed, feminine, beautiful and conservative. She always wore a dress to church.

Mar 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Jane-933948 said: Well maybe sexy means different things to different people..modesty can be attractive.. I&#...
(Quote) Jane-933948 said:

Well maybe sexy means different things to different people..modesty can be attractive..

I'll use that word instead. I am a very modest dresser, i even wear a mantiila to church. I have been told that is attractive to men. Although I go to church for God and my soul. Some people look good in a potato sack, if you love someone it doesnt matter. Maybe I am saying it wrong here. I find a man that loves God incredibly attractive! Didn't mean to offend anyone.

--hide--

We all want to look nice, I hope, and attractive in modest ways is great! Sexy attracts the wrong attention.

A friend of mine was complaining about unwanted attention from men at church and other places -- she didn't understand the difference between acting friendly and acting flirty, so was flirting with men and encouraging the attention. She was also dressing 'attractively' instead of so she looked 'nice' and feminine -- there is a bit of a difference and as a young married woman, she had to learn to act and dress in ways that showed she was 'taken' and in love with her husband and not open to the unwelcome attention of the men who were getting the 'go ahead' signal by her flirting and dressing to attract the eyes of men. She began being 'very nice' in her actions, dress and words and stopped sending out mixed signals and the problem wassolved. She still gets lots of compliments on how nice she looks, but not the kind of compliments that made her feel uncomfortable like before! I think many people don't realize the vibes they sometimes put out just by their clothing!

Mar 9th 2013 new

I think that it really depends on the garment and the personality of the person who wears it.

Some women (both young and older) can pull off animal prints better than other women.

Personally, my personality is more towards the floral prints...I just like them better.

Posts 11 - 20 of 48