Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Mar 12th 2013 new

While we are not called to judge the soul of the person, we are called to correct, point out errors, and yes if their actions are not in comformity with the Truth we should say something. What favors are we doing someone by not bringing these types of issues to light? By not correcting them or drawing attention to a very real problem, we are allowing their souls to be misled.

For instance, by not telling someone that if you do not hold Church teachings they are a) in mortal sin b) excommunicated, then you allow them to continue doing that with no need to change their views. They may still receive communion because they never think anything is wrong with what they are doing.

But if you say, hey, by doing this you are committing mortal sin, you are putting yourself on the fast track to hell, and have excommunicated yourself from the Church, I promise you the person will think twice about what they believe and really examine their conscience

And thank you for the welcoming :)

Mar 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Good comments. I've encountered so many people (mostly under 25, some older) who had ...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Good comments.

I've encountered so many people (mostly under 25, some older) who had really no idea at all of the truth of what happens during conception and gestation. Until you are an expectant mother/father, many folks never give it a thought. You're right about all the new resources...but oftentimes we don't read things like that until we need to, and learn the truth too late.

I'm in no way siding with the pro-abortion stance.

I am saying, however, that ignorance, fear, confusion, coercian, and many other factors influence both behavior and attitudes...and we need to greet anti-life people with charity and education.

--hide--

I know the system is different everywhere, but the science curriculum in NZL highschools offer a section on reproduction and gestation. Its very basic, but it certainly doesn't instil the idea of a "blob".

Of course, look at abortionists and their nursing staff. They know damn well its not a "blob" and yet they're happy to tear those kids to shreds and flush them down the toilet. There's obviously a very serious disconnect going on in the minds of the pro-abortion crowd, akin, dare I say, to what happened in the concentration camps of Nazi Germany. Dehumanise someone enoough and its easy to gas, shoot, hang, torture, abort someone.

Sex ed is where they need to get the kids. I think abstience is the way to go, but the current system will deny this, so lets give kids the whole picture. Here's a condom. There's a bananana. Go nuts. This is a picture of a bum wart. Use a condom and don't get a bum wart. Oh, and if you use condoms you won't get pregnant. That's bad.

How about the facts like condoms having a failure rate of 50% over 10 years, or that 54% of women seeking abortions were using contraceptin on the month they fell pregnant, or that since 2001 all major studies have found that condoms and the safe sex message has actually increased the rate of STDs. There were about 10 STDs back in the 1950s, there are now over 100, several resistence to current antibotic treatment. That some can sit without you knowing until you try to have kids and hey presto, infertility, no babies for you. Or that there are now forms of HIV that fire up into AIDS within a few years of infection and kill with more agression?

THen how about the stats of how fornication increases your risk of divorce. The costs of raising a kid. The emotional heartache of putting a baby up for adoption. And the surgical horrors of abortion, the absolute devastation of abortion. The details of the so called "quick and simple" RU-486. That women who abort have higher rates of suicide, drug and alcohol addiction, "replacement baby syndrome" where they get pregnant soon after in an attempt to recapture that "pregnant" feeling, or that abortion increases risk of preterm birth of subsequent pregnanices. et cetera. et cetera. et cetera.

OR, ORRR we could just start teaching kids they're better than that. That their value isn't in their pants. That they must discover their inherent human dignity and beauty and be happy with themselves for being themselves, and not wearing a low cut top and short pants to get friends and attention.

Kids have been sold short by the MTV world. The sexual revolution has caused nothing but heart ache and destruction to the family unit and to the confidence and self esteem of the youngin's.

I do like a good rant, but I think we can turn the tide on this. IT won't be easy, but I think it'll start with encouraging kids, we need to make such choices to wait till marriage "rad" again. Or whatever lexicon the kiddies are using these days. Because, generally abortion and lack of respect for human life stems from fear of the change pregnancy and sex will have on a life, on social stigma et cetera.

The safe sex message has failed big time.

Mar 12th 2013 new

Naomi you hit it right on the head.

At this point, look at what we have. A bunch of half truths and lies in all of the things that you were pointing out.

Pray pray pray pray pray for God to turn the western world around again. I do not know how it is in more traditional countries, but it is bad here in the US

Mar 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Sam-948516 said: Naomi you hit it right on the head. At this point, look at what we have. A bunch of half...
(Quote) Sam-948516 said:

Naomi you hit it right on the head.

At this point, look at what we have. A bunch of half truths and lies in all of the things that you were pointing out.

Pray pray pray pray pray for God to turn the western world around again. I do not know how it is in more traditional countries, but it is bad here in the US

--hide--

Its considerably worse in NZL. At least your women have to pay for their abortions. Our women get them on the tax payer's dime. All the contraceptives you could want. IUDs, condoms, implants, the depot. Heck, and because we dont' have the facilities [ie. staff who won't do them] late term abortions are done in Aussie, the govt. will pay for the woman and her support persons [yes, plural] to head over to Aussie for the abortion, all accomodation and flights paid for. Even a bit of "spending money". My tax dollars [and I pay a lot of tax] helps fund the killing of children and the sexual lives of less savoury characters. Prostitution is legal here, but that's just so the govt can tax them.

Yet, kids with serious allergies, their parents have to fork out for the epipens.

Durex, the big condom maker, their yearly survey always seems to find NZL women as the skankiest in the world. From memory, the average number of lovers a woman has in her life globally is 7. Down here its like 21.

It is incredibly sad.

Mar 12th 2013 new

clap clap clap clap clap

Mar 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: That's why I think the site really needs to have a short answers for the 7 in case a...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

That's why I think the site really needs to have a short answers for the 7 in case a person is not 7 and feels the need to elaborate.

--hide--
Actually, they do.

When a members fills out their profile, there is a hyperlink under each question that gives a brief capsule explanation of the Church teaching. You can view them in your profile if you click the edit button for the 7 questions section. For example, the CM capsule description for Sanctity of Life:

All life is sacred and each life, from the moment of conception to the moment of natural death, has a right to life, and therefore abortion, or any other method of barring a new life from implanting in its mother's womb or terminating a pregnancy is inherently wrong.

Admittedly, it would be helpful if CM included another link to a site that gives the Church's teaching in more complete detail. And the above example does fall short by not including the Church position on the death penalty or "quality of life" suicides.

Mar 13th 2013 new

Reply to Marge's Comments: clap clap clap I won't add to them as it would be superfluous.

Mar 13th 2013 new

I find it interesting in the pro-life community the number of people that will rightly and passionately fight for the unborn, but are for the death penalty. In Maryland, we are not too far after our loss of redefining marriage as one man-one woman championed by our supposed Catholic governor. We are now dealing with legislation to end the death penalty also supported by our supposed Catholic governor. As much as I don't like him I have to support him on this one.

The same folks who I stand with during 40 Days for Life outside abortion clinics are for the death penalty and don't feel it should be overturned. I understand it's easier to stand up for the truly innocent but we also need to stand up for the broken sinners. While our society may have laws to keep us safe by using judge and jury, we should not be supporting the executioner. It's not really a gray area. WWJD...I'm confident He would not support the death penalty.

Mar 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Donald-347054 said: " Call me crazy" but how can anyone call themself Catholic and not answer yes on the sanctity...
(Quote) Donald-347054 said: " Call me crazy" but how can anyone call themself Catholic and not answer yes on the sanctity of life question on your personal profile? The sixth commandment clearly states " thou shall not kill" this is not a matter of choice! It is your obligation as a Catholic to protect all forms that protect life! I'm sure there are plenty of Catholics on this site that don't won't to hear this "TOO BAD" It is something that needs to be addressed. I would rather be blunt! than allow one of beloved brothers or sisters in Christ lose their soul to eternal damnation. If you truly love Christ you will obey his commandments and this means all ten of his commandments. May God Bless and watch over everyone on Catholic Match Don
--hide--
Donald -- as with other spiritual matters, sometimes there is great misunderstanding and a lack of education. Add that to the propaganda that's put out by organizations such as Planned Parenthood (It's just tissue; it's just a blob....)

What I have found is that many Catholic women maintain that abortion would be wrong for them, but they are not going to impose their beliefs upon other women. Oftentimes I hear that men just can't understand; it's a women's issue and should be decided by them. Bottom line -- live and let live. We know this is a false belief. We can't force others to believe what we do about the sanctity of life, but we have an obligation to try. That means educating people where possible, or participating in activities/events that will promote the right to life. Our voices need to be heard. We can't just hide our heads in the sand about this and say it's ok for others because they don't believe as we do. Not so.

It's getting more difficult to say a human life is not involved. Science had not declared that an embryo or fetus is a human being, but science has evolved to the point where they are finally drawing this conclusion. Unfortunately, the word isn't getting out. Pro-abortionists do their best to stifle such pronouncements. Why wouldn't they? It's a big business for the so-called "industry".

Mar 13th 2013 new

Whenever contraception is introduced in a society, abortion must follow to make the sexual act a purely recreational activity. To take all the responsibility out of it. In my opinion "Theology of the body" should be a required class taken by all students in our catholic schools. If your a five out of seven person than you don't understand why we've had 53 million abortions in this country.

Posts 11 - 20 of 67