Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

03/15/2013 new
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: Well -- what'cha cooking today to celebrate? My breads went over very well at Francisca...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

Well -- what'cha cooking today to celebrate?

My breads went over very well at Franciscan formation, especially the orange-cran-pecan one!! and the banana cake too! I'm being asked to make it all again for next month!! I have to make more for my kids because the leftovers I promised them were taken home by the other Franciscans!!

--hide--

Rachel, your breads sound delish!!

I had tilapia, mashed potatoes, green beans and garlic bread for dinner.
03/15/2013 new

(Quote) Helen-450889 said: Rachel, your breads sound delish!! I had tilapia, mashed potatoes, green beans and garli...
(Quote) Helen-450889 said:

Rachel, your breads sound delish!!

I had tilapia, mashed potatoes, green beans and garlic bread for dinner.
--hide--

Tilapia is one fish I don't care for; I can't say I've ever had it where it tasted good to me. I much prefer freshwater walleye, or salmon, steelhead trout if I can get it, or if I have to go with saltwater then cod (but definitely not prepared as lutefisk crazy)

Had fish at the ol' country buffet for lunch, so I resorted to a frozen cheese pizza for supper. Washed it down with RC-10.

03/15/2013 new
The tilapia was just so-so. I got it frozen, Gorton's. I won't buy it again. I prefer cod, salmon, rainbow trout, red snapper, and others.
03/16/2013 new

I.need.to.get.out.of.the.kitchen!!!
In the last 30 hours I've baked 3 pies, 2 big pans of brownies, 8 doz cookies, 3 layer cake, 2 loaves of bread, and made taquitos and pizzas, as well as the accompanying fruits, veggies, and drinks, and of course washed all the necessary pots, pans, dishes, etc.
Tomorrow I insist on having at least one meal prepared for me by someone else, please!

03/16/2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: I.need.to.get.out.of.the.kitchen!!!In the last 30 hours I've baked 3 pies, 2 big pans of...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

I.need.to.get.out.of.the.kitchen!!!
In the last 30 hours I've baked 3 pies, 2 big pans of brownies, 8 doz cookies, 3 layer cake, 2 loaves of bread, and made taquitos and pizzas, as well as the accompanying fruits, veggies, and drinks, and of course washed all the necessary pots, pans, dishes, etc.
Tomorrow I insist on having at least one meal prepared for me by someone else, please!

--hide--

CM party at Rachel's house!! We'll suppy the protein! laughing laughing

03/16/2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: CM party at Rachel's house!! We'll suppy the protein!
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

CM party at Rachel's house!! We'll suppy the protein!

--hide--

Well, that sounds like a lot of fun, actually, Jerry, but tomorrow is out -- I'm driving with all my 4 girls to Pittsburgh, to meet up with my second son for a bit, then drop my oldest daughterat the airport so she can fly back to U of Miami -- raincheck, please?

03/16/2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: In the last 30 hours I've baked 3 pies, 2 big pans of brownies, 8 doz cookies, 3 layer cake, 2 loav...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: In the last 30 hours I've baked 3 pies, 2 big pans of brownies, 8 doz cookies, 3 layer cake, 2 loaves of bread, and made taquitos and pizzas, as well as the accompanying fruits, veggies, and drinks, and of course washed all the necessary pots, pans, dishes, etc.
--hide--

How do people in your house stay trim???? Everyday (virtually) I think well, I got to see what Rachel is baking so I can get my drool on.

03/16/2013 new
well, it's only me that seems to 'show' the effects of all that baking -- but having an anorexic daughter, I try to make fresh, appealing yummies to help her want to eat -- right now she's been losing weight again and I can't let her run track until she regains at least 4 pounds -- on us, that's easy -- on her, as she has to eat 4,000 calories every day just to maintain as she is hypermetabolic it's daunting and nearly impossible..
03/16/2013 new

I'm sorry about that sweetie. That must be very hard on you. But I still enjoy hearing about what you've baked today!

03/21/2013 new

Rachel, that's so sad. :( I hope things get better with her soon.

Re the topic: Last night, I made homemade pizza for the first time! I found a good recipe for the crust which I enjoyed eating. :)

Posts 11 - 20 of 200