Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Mar 15th 2013 new
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: Well -- what'cha cooking today to celebrate? My breads went over very well at Francisca...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

Well -- what'cha cooking today to celebrate?

My breads went over very well at Franciscan formation, especially the orange-cran-pecan one!! and the banana cake too! I'm being asked to make it all again for next month!! I have to make more for my kids because the leftovers I promised them were taken home by the other Franciscans!!

--hide--

Rachel, your breads sound delish!!

I had tilapia, mashed potatoes, green beans and garlic bread for dinner.
Mar 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Helen-450889 said: Rachel, your breads sound delish!! I had tilapia, mashed potatoes, green beans and garli...
(Quote) Helen-450889 said:

Rachel, your breads sound delish!!

I had tilapia, mashed potatoes, green beans and garlic bread for dinner.
--hide--

Tilapia is one fish I don't care for; I can't say I've ever had it where it tasted good to me. I much prefer freshwater walleye, or salmon, steelhead trout if I can get it, or if I have to go with saltwater then cod (but definitely not prepared as lutefisk crazy)

Had fish at the ol' country buffet for lunch, so I resorted to a frozen cheese pizza for supper. Washed it down with RC-10.

Mar 15th 2013 new
The tilapia was just so-so. I got it frozen, Gorton's. I won't buy it again. I prefer cod, salmon, rainbow trout, red snapper, and others.
Mar 16th 2013 new

I.need.to.get.out.of.the.kitchen!!!
In the last 30 hours I've baked 3 pies, 2 big pans of brownies, 8 doz cookies, 3 layer cake, 2 loaves of bread, and made taquitos and pizzas, as well as the accompanying fruits, veggies, and drinks, and of course washed all the necessary pots, pans, dishes, etc.
Tomorrow I insist on having at least one meal prepared for me by someone else, please!

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: I.need.to.get.out.of.the.kitchen!!!In the last 30 hours I've baked 3 pies, 2 big pans of...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

I.need.to.get.out.of.the.kitchen!!!
In the last 30 hours I've baked 3 pies, 2 big pans of brownies, 8 doz cookies, 3 layer cake, 2 loaves of bread, and made taquitos and pizzas, as well as the accompanying fruits, veggies, and drinks, and of course washed all the necessary pots, pans, dishes, etc.
Tomorrow I insist on having at least one meal prepared for me by someone else, please!

--hide--

CM party at Rachel's house!! We'll suppy the protein! laughing laughing

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: CM party at Rachel's house!! We'll suppy the protein!
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

CM party at Rachel's house!! We'll suppy the protein!

--hide--

Well, that sounds like a lot of fun, actually, Jerry, but tomorrow is out -- I'm driving with all my 4 girls to Pittsburgh, to meet up with my second son for a bit, then drop my oldest daughterat the airport so she can fly back to U of Miami -- raincheck, please?

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: In the last 30 hours I've baked 3 pies, 2 big pans of brownies, 8 doz cookies, 3 layer cake, 2 loav...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: In the last 30 hours I've baked 3 pies, 2 big pans of brownies, 8 doz cookies, 3 layer cake, 2 loaves of bread, and made taquitos and pizzas, as well as the accompanying fruits, veggies, and drinks, and of course washed all the necessary pots, pans, dishes, etc.
--hide--

How do people in your house stay trim???? Everyday (virtually) I think well, I got to see what Rachel is baking so I can get my drool on.

Mar 16th 2013 new
well, it's only me that seems to 'show' the effects of all that baking -- but having an anorexic daughter, I try to make fresh, appealing yummies to help her want to eat -- right now she's been losing weight again and I can't let her run track until she regains at least 4 pounds -- on us, that's easy -- on her, as she has to eat 4,000 calories every day just to maintain as she is hypermetabolic it's daunting and nearly impossible..
Mar 16th 2013 new

I'm sorry about that sweetie. That must be very hard on you. But I still enjoy hearing about what you've baked today!

Mar 21st 2013 new

Rachel, that's so sad. :( I hope things get better with her soon.

Re the topic: Last night, I made homemade pizza for the first time! I found a good recipe for the crust which I enjoyed eating. :)

Posts 11 - 20 of 200