Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Sep 21 new
Fresh cut cottage fries with the peels left on. tongue
Oct 23 new
Tonight will be a quick and easy meal before my 17yo's choral concert:
baked chicken, mashed potatoes, whole wheat - oatmeal bread, broccoli, raw carrots, celery and peppers, fruit salad
Oct 24 new
The Cardinals Goose.Go Red Sox.
Oct 24 new
Meatloaf stuffed peppers and scalopped potatoes with apple wood bacon. tongueyum
Oct 24 new
Meatloaf stuffed peppers and scalopped potatoes with apple wood bacon. tongueyum
Oct 24 new
just saw a yummy recipe I'll make Saturday -- individual meatballs and cheese wrapped in a bread dough flecked with spinach and herbs, brushed with garlic butter and sprinkled with parmesan and baked into yummy little rolls!
Oct 28 new

How did those little rolls turn out, Rachel.

smile I wish this were cooking in my backyard and I wish I owned a Traeger grill

CHEESE AND CHORIZO FONDUE IN A PUMPKIN

Ingredients
  • One nicely shaped pie pumpkin, about 2 to 3 pounds and 7 to 8 inches in diameter
  • 1/2 pound Mexican chorizo, removed from casings
  • 1/2 cup diced onion
  • 1/2 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and diced
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 can (10 ounces) RO*TEL tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
  • 4 to 5 pickled jalapeno rings, minced, or more to taste
  • 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Mexican 4-cheese blend, such as Sargento brand
  • 6 ounces cream cheese, cubed
  • 1 cup heavy (whipping) cream, chicken broth, or beer, or more as needed
  • 3 tablespoons bottled ranch-style dressing
  • 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro leaves, for serving (optional)
  • Tortilla chips, preferably blue corn, for serving
Preparation

Prepare the pumpkin bowl: Wash the outside of the pumpkin and dry with paper towels. Working on old newspapers, cut the circular lid of the pumpkin off toward the stem end using a sharp, sturdy knife. Slice the seeds and stringy pulp off the bottom of the lid. Set aside. Pull out the seeds and pulp (reserve the seeds for roasting, if desired) and scrape the walls clean with a metal tablespoon. (Dont remove too much of the pumpkin wall as you want it to maintain its structural integrity.) Set aside.

In a large saucepan, brown and crumble the chorizo over medium-high heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, and cumin and cook until the vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and jalapenos and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, or until hot. Slowly stir in the shredded cheese and cream cheese. Add the cream and ranch dressing and stir until the cheeses are melted. (If the fondue seems too thick, add more cream, chicken broth, or beer.)

Start the Traeger grill on Smoke with the lid open until the fire is established (4 to 5 minutes). Set the temperature to 375 degrees F and preheat, lid closed, for 10 to 15 minutes

Set the pumpkin bowl and the lid in a sturdy baking pan or dish. Pour the warm fondue into the bowl, coming within an inch of the top. Pour about an inch of water in the bottom of the pan. Cover with foil and transfer to the grill grate.

Bake the pumpkin and the fondue for about 1 hour, stirring the fondue halfway through the cooking time. (Peel back the foil carefully and avoid the escaping steam.)

Transfer the pumpkin to a platter. Blot any drops of water with paper towels. Prop the lid against the side of the pumpkin. Stir the cilantro into the fondue, and a few tablespoons of additional liquid if the fondue seems too thick. Arrange tortilla chips around the pumpkin and serve immediately. The fondue will stay hot for at least an hour.

Oct 31 new
cornmeal crusted fish and stir-fry vegetables
Oct 31 new
can of Chunky Chicken Noodle Soup (for my cold), and depending on how many (or how few) trick or treaters show up tonight, maybe a bag or two of candy, lol
Nov 06 new
CHILI! It is almost done.
Posts 141 - 150 of 200