Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Jan 1st 2014 new
Pot roast,mashed potatoes and carrots...My son just polished off about 2 pounds of meat! (He was hungry.)
Jan 1st 2014 new
Pot roast,mashed potatoes and carrots...My son just polished off about 2 pounds of meat! (He was hungry.)
Jan 1st 2014 new
(quote) Michael-76823 said:

was heating some cooking oil in a wok, and got distracted by something on the computer, looking up in time to see a bunch of smoke in my kitchen ... fortunately no fire, and the offended wok is now sitting in a snowbank in the front yard. Also fortunate is that it isn't too cold, 18 degrees, to have the windows open to clear out the smoke. Now to head down the basement to find another wok, and then pay a bit more attention next time

Intent is to make a stir fry with chicken, asparagus and other mixed veggies, and part of a can of water chestnuts (which hopefully won't be roasting on an open fire )

laughing coolM I am glad everything is okay. I have done a similar thing. Didn't have to throw the pot out but turned off the gas in time! shhh
Jan 5th 2014 new

Chef tried a sort of gumbo... started with the Cajun trinity (celery, onion, green pepper) chopped and cooked in EVOO, added a can of no sodium diced tomatoes and some tomato juice, minute rice, Tobasco and Worcestershire (for that Louisiana flavour) and then after that cooked awhile I added in a can of chunky jumbo soup with chicken and sausage. Roasted a chicken Chicken???, and threw pieces of that in there. Toward the end I added some tiny salad shrimp (they cook down to practically nothing, but add a little flavor as well... too cheap to buy larger shrimp), and then some fake lobster chunks. I was also too cheap to buy Andoullie sausage, maybe get some for the leftovers. Tasty, but way too much to eat by myself eyepopping

Jan 9th 2014 new
So happy biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin
Had beef stew with pigeon peas which my son made while I was at work cool .So grateful.It taste good too. wink clap thumbsup
Jan 9th 2014 new
(quote) Michael-76823 said:

tried a sort of gumbo... started with the Cajun trinity (celery, onion, green pepper) chopped and cooked in EVOO, added a can of no sodium diced tomatoes and some tomato juice, minute rice, Tobasco and Worcestershire (for that Louisiana flavour) and then after that cooked awhile I added in a can of chunky jumbo soup with chicken and sausage. Roasted a chicken , and threw pieces of that in there. Toward the end I added some tiny salad shrimp (they cook down to practically nothing, but add a little flavor as well... too cheap to buy larger shrimp), and then some fake lobster chunks. I was also too cheap to buy Andoullie sausage, maybe get some for the leftovers. Tasty, but way too much to eat by myself

Interesting.Very creative. highfive
Jan 9th 2014 new
I taught my girls how to make beef stew -- they liked searing the meat chunks and chopping veggies and the kitties were circling underfoot begging for some beef!
I made salad and had baked bread just in time to eat.
Then we had baklava and mocha pecan balls and our tummies were happy.
Jan 11th 2014 new
We enjoyed a happy brunch this morning -- cinnamon scones, clotted cream, baked bacon, scrambled eggs, oranges and kiwi, tea/coffee/cocoa and cranberry-apple cider -- it's a special goodbye breakfast before we take my oldest daughter to the airport to fly back to U of Miami in Florida.
I'm sure she won't miss our chilly temperatures -- today is nice at 51F but our highs will be in the 20's soon and lows back into the teens. Wish we could go with her!
Jan 14th 2014 new
Stir fry, beef, frozen veggies, Szechuan sauce over rice.
Jan 14th 2014 new
Oh, and a mint Christmas tree ice cream treat for dessert xmastree This topic has been automatically locked due to size. Any further discussion can be continued in a new topic.
Posts 191 - 200 of 200