Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Could the forums "Member Meet-Ups" and "Regional Interest" be combined?

I know its up to the CM admins whether they want to cull the herd or not. It seems to me that both forums are VERY similar.

Are both forums are so vastly different that the current set up is warranted? This is just a suggestion.

I am curious what others have to say.

03/10/2013 new

(Quote) Brett-848238 said: Could the forums "Member Meet-Ups" and "Regional Interest" be combin...
(Quote) Brett-848238 said:

Could the forums "Member Meet-Ups" and "Regional Interest" be combined?

I know its up to the CM admins whether they want to cull the herd or not. It seems to me that both forums are VERY similar.

Are both forums are so vastly different that the current set up is warranted? This is just a suggestion.

I am curious what others have to say.

--hide--

Last year the Forums went through a major reduction.. They got rid of and combined about half of the rooms.. Recently another room was eliminated... Just curious why it bothers you that there is a Meet-ups room and one for Regional interest? If truth be told Regional Interest is a combinations of a half dozen other rooms that were actually regional..

03/10/2013 new

The reason for combining rooms is usually because some may not be getting any traffic. Is the Regional Interest room getting traffic?

03/11/2013 new

Regional interest is for stuff going on in a locale, not that you are trying to coordinate people to go to it with you.

It is also for questions about a region..."I am moving to Chicago...what is it like?"

Meet ups is for planning events somewhere with other CMers.

I see them as distinct and use both frequently.

03/11/2013 new

They probably will be combined at some point. We don't know what the best number is in terms of rooms but we want a number where there is more actvity per room and I don't think we have got there just yet. Right now our site focus is on responsive design (making the site completely device friendly) so until that is complete we probably won't change anything else in the forums for a bit.

Posts 1 - 5 of 5