Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Mar 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Amy-56598 said: Day 30 - Thursday, March 14th -
(Quote) Amy-56598 said:

Day 30 - Thursday, March 14th - Sorrowful Mysteries in THANKSGIVING

--hide--

One cannot desire freedom from the Cross when one is especially chosen for the Cross.

- St Teresa Benedicta of the Cross, OCD (Edith Stein)

Edith Stein (St. Teresa Benedicta of the Cross 1891 - 1942) was a convert from Judaism. She was a brilliant scholar who became a Carmelite nun. Like St. Maximilian Kolbe, she perished in the death camp at Auschwitz-Birkenau in 1942.

This information comes from the Vatican wesite - www.vatican.va

"We bow down before the testimony of the life and death of Edith Stein, an outstanding daughter of Israel and at the same time a daughter of the Carmelite Order, Sister Teresa Benedicta of the Cross, a personality who united within her rich life a dramatic synthesis of our century. It was the synthesis of a history full of deep wounds that are still hurting ... and also the synthesis of the full truth about man. All this came together in a single heart that remained restless and unfulfilled until it finally found rest in God." These were the words of Pope John Paul II when he beatified Edith Stein in Cologne on 1 May 1987.

On 7 August, early in the morning, 987 Jews were deported to Auschwitz. It was probably on 9 August that Sister Teresia Benedicta a Cruce, her sister and many other of her people were gassed.
When Edith Stein was beatified in Cologne on 1 May 1987, the Church honoured "a daughter of Israel", as Pope John Paul II put it, who, as a Catholic during Nazi persecution, remained faithful to the crucified Lord Jesus Christ and, as a Jew, to her people in loving faithfulness."

This saint experienced the Passion of Christ in her own life and death. Let us ask her help as we pray today's Sorrowful Mysteries.
Mar 13th 2013 new

www.youtube.com

www.youtube.com

Some videos on St. Edith Stein

Mar 14th 2013 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: www.youtube.com www.youtube.com.
(Quote) David-364112 said:

www.youtube.com

www.youtube.com

Some videos on St. Edith Stein

--hide--

Thank you for the information and links! I had to stay home from work today because I'm not well, but rather than see this as a negative I'm looking at the positive; I'm blessed to have more quiet time with God and am able to pray the Rosary earlier today biggrin rose Praying rosary

Mar 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Linda-442926 said: Thank you for the information and links! I had to stay home from work today bec...
(Quote) Linda-442926 said:

Thank you for the information and links! I had to stay home from work today because I'm not well, but rather than see this as a negative I'm looking at the positive; I'm blessed to have more quiet time with God and am able to pray the Rosary earlier today

--hide--

Thanks so much. Glad you liked them. Please get better soon. rose

Mar 14th 2013 new

My CM membership expires on Monday March 18. I may be back again, but am taking some time off.

Would any of you like to take over the daily meditations? There are plenty meditations on previous threads which can be recycled. The internet is full of resources for new ones.

CM members have been praying these novenas for some time. I started praying them in 2011 and began have been helping with them since later that same year. This is a beautiful novena which brings many blessings to the people who participate as well as for the CM community. There are many graces to be received by praying it and even more by promoting devotion to the rosary and the novena. We need new volunteers. Amy stepped up and has been doing a wonderful job. We'll need at least one more person for the meditations during this novena and one or two more for future novenas. Traditionally we've organized 3 a year: (i) Ash Wed - Mercy Sunday; (ii) Assumption (Aug 15) - Feast of the Holy Rosary (Oct 7); and (iii) All Saints (Nov 1) - Christmas Eve (Dec 24).

We'd love to see the novenas continue. It's up to YOU to make it happen. It doesn't take much time or effort and the blessings are tremendous.

Please contact Amy (and/or me) if you're interested.

rosary rose

Mar 14th 2013 new

docs.google.com

Day 31

Friday, March 15th

Glorious Mysteries in THANKSGIVING

for prayers of the Rosary:

http://www.knightsofdivinemercy.com

Rosary Novenas to Our Lady: including the mysteries of light (It is a little blue booklet.)

or pray with people onhttp://www.comepraytherosary.org

rose Praying rosary theheart 140 Participants theheart rosary Praying rose

Mar 14th 2013 new

Praying rosary theheart

You will be missed David You get a Gold Star!

Mar 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Amy-56598 said: Day 31 - Friday, March 15th -
(Quote) Amy-56598 said:

Day 31 - Friday, March 15th - Glorious Mysteries in THANKSGIVING

--hide--

"Be enthroned, Lady, for it is fitting that you should sit in an exalted place since you are a Queen and glorious above all kings." (St. Germanus)

"Because the virgin Mary was raised to such a lofty dignity as to be the mother of the King of kings, it is deservedly and by every right that the Church has honored her with the title of 'Queen'." (St. Alphonsus Liguori, Doctor of the Church)

"Certainly she who performed the role of the Creator's handmaid and Mother is truly and in perfect reality God's Mother, and Lady and Queen over all creation." (St. John Damascene, Doctor of the Church, c. 8th century A.D.)

rosary rose
Mar 15th 2013 new

Praying rosary theheart

Mar 15th 2013 new

We need help here. One or two volunteers for this novena and future novenas! Message me or Amy if you're interested.

We're talking about 5-10 minutes a day. Hardly a big commitment.

Posts 21 - 30 of 139