Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Mar 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Rosanna-921185 said: Hello Amy and Dave: There was an opening petition prayer, is there an opening thanksgivi...
(Quote) Rosanna-921185 said:

Hello Amy and Dave:

There was an opening petition prayer, is there an opening thanksgiving prayer? I have been winging it.

Thanks.

--hide--
www.prayerflowers.com

Mar 17th 2013 new

Day 33

Sunday, March 17, 2013 - St Patrick's Day Clover

Luminous Mysteries

Praying rosary rose

Mar 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Rosanna-921185 said: Hello Amy and Dave: There was an opening petition prayer, is there an opening thanksgivi...
(Quote) Rosanna-921185 said:

Hello Amy and Dave:

There was an opening petition prayer, is there an opening thanksgiving prayer? I have been winging it.

Thanks.

--hide--

There may be a specific version of this, but I do not know it. I always say the, "in petition", prayer, and just change a few words to, "thanksgiving":

O Mary, Queen of the Holy Rosary, I thank you for your maternal protection, and for the many blessings I have received through your powerful intercession.

Blessed Mother you asked at Fatima for the daily recitation of the Rosary for peace in the world and in individual souls. I offer my Rosary as a spiritual "Bouquet of Roses" IN THANKSGIVING for the intentions of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, in atonement for the offenses committed against your Immaculate Heart, and for the favors I have asked in this Novena.

(List your petitions and those of all others who joined this Novena here. You can use the list of participants and read each person's name ... "and for the intentions of Allen, Andrea, Angie, etc.")

With great confidence in your powerful intercession, I HAVE PLACED these petitions in your hands, and THANK YOU for presenting them to Jesus. He NEVER REFUSES what you ask Him.

Praying rosary theheart

Mar 17th 2013 new

Day 33

March 17th

The Luminous Mysteries

Praying rosary theheart

Mar 17th 2013 new

docs.google.com

Day 34

Monday, March 18th

Sorrowful Mysteries in THANKSGIVING

for prayers of the Rosary:

http://www.knightsofdivinemercy.com

Rosary Novenas to Our Lady: including the mysteries of light (It is a little blue booklet.)

or pray with people onhttp://www.comepraytherosary.org

rose Praying rosary theheart 140 Participants rose Praying rosary theheart

Mar 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Amy-56598 said: docs.google.com Day 3...
(Quote) Amy-56598 said:

docs.google.com

Day 34

Monday, March 18th

Sorrowful Mysteries in THANKSGIVING

for prayers of the Rosary:

http://www.knightsofdivinemercy.com

Rosary Novenas to Our Lady: including the mysteries of light (It is a little blue booklet.)

or pray with people onhttp://www.comepraytherosary.org

140 Participants

--hide--

First Sorrowful Mystery: The Agony in the Garden

Luke 22:42-44. Kneeling down, He began to pray, "Father if it be your will, take this cup from me, yet not my will but yours be done"...In His anguish he prayed even more intensely, and his sweat became like drops of blood falling to the ground.

Catechism of the Catholic Church: #612

Reflection: Christ’s “hour” had finally arrived. As the new Adam, Christ was reversing Adam’s first no to God, as well as the many great and little “no’s” we say to God with our personal sins. At the same time, he was also making an act of expiation for the nucleus of our every sin: our lack of trust in God’s goodness. Jesus’ act of self-surrender in the garden was a big “I trust” to the Father. It was an act of self-abandonment to God’s plan, no matter how ugly and foreboding that plan looked. Sometimes in our lives too, we can be surprised by how our lives unfold. Children dream of a fairy-tale life where everything will unfold in a magical and beautiful way—or at least in a way that measures up to our basic recipe for happiness. When our life turns out to have its dark patches, the temptation can be to turn away from God, blaming him for the crosses we have to carry: sickness, financial difficulties, a strained relationship, failure at work or in school… In this mystery, Mary can help us to find the strength to trust God under the weight of our cross. She can teach us to create a more beautiful story with the way we respond to the cards we were dealt.

www.regnumchristi.org

Mar 18th 2013 new

Praying rosary theheart

Mar 18th 2013 new

Today is my last day on CM. it's been a wonderful ride. I hope to return at some point in the future but for now I'm taking some time off.

One of the greatest blessings I''ve received on CM is the Rosary Novena. Please continue it. Thanks to Amy and Sherill-Anne and Linda for agreeing to continue the admointgsrative work on this one. We have 3 a year: Ash Wed - Mercy Sunday; Assumption (8/15) - Feast of the Holy Rosary (10/7); and All Saints (11/1) - Christmas Eve (12/24). We'll need people to promote and run these. it takes 5-10 minutes a day so it's hardly a huge commitment. The blessings are tremendous. Others ran it before me. Now it's YOUR turn to promote and run the next ones.

God bless you all. I'll continue to read the posts and pray with/for you.

rosary rose

Fifteen promises of Our Lady to St. Dominic and Blessed Allan:

1. Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall receive signal graces.

2. I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the Rosary.

3. The Rosary will be a powerful armor against hell. It will destroy vice, decrease sin and defeat heresies.

4. It will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire of eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.

5. Those who recommend themselves to me by the recitation of the Rosary shall not perish.

6. Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred Mysteries shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just, he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.

7. Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church.

8. Those who are faithful to recite the Rosary shall have during their life and at their death, the light of God and the plentitude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the saints in paradise.

9. I shall deliver from purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary.

10. The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in heaven.

11. You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the Rosary.

12. All those who propagate the holy Rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.

13. I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.

14. All who recite the Rosary are my sons, and brothers of my only son, Jesus Christ.

15. Devotion to my Rosary is a great sign of predestination.

Mar 18th 2013 new

The only way this rosary novena will continue is if additional members cooperate in promoting and administering it on CM. Please speak among yourselves and make arrangements. Almost 2 years ago, I was asked to work on it and assisted one or two cycles. then it fell to me to run it. Now others must step up. This is a beautiful devotion which helps many souls. Let's keep it going!

Mar 18th 2013 new

Thank you David for all your work and effort in promoting this Novena. This is my first one and I'm happy that I am a part of the large group of people praying together. God bless you always! Prayers for you too.
Mary
biggrin rosary rose

Posts 41 - 50 of 139