Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Mar 16th 2013 new

The FB link states that there will be a moment afterwards for a small discussion. So that can provide some opportunity for socializing afterwards. However, by all means, plan away on other more social events. (:

From the FB info page:

www.youtube.com

Lent is a time of change and turning to God. Come and witness to the strong calling of God to this great "Doctor of the Church", through a very moving and deep conversion.
Don't miss this very inspiring story which evolves around three saints of the early Church: Augustin and his mother Monica, and Saint Ambrose, bishop of Milan.
Available through private showing only.

(Not advised for children under 13 years of age)

Movie followed by a small discussion time.

Admission is $10.00 per person.

Seating is limited, please call 630 770 6712 and reserve your place immediately.

To reserve or for more information please contact Mrs Vera Maalouf or Mrs Simone Romanos via this page.

Mar 17th 2013 new
So the movie idea is what we are going to go with this time. I still like the Adler idea but it's approaching to quickly for me. I'm waiting to hear back about how we purchase the tickets. If you are interested in the movie idea please let me know.
Mar 17th 2013 new
www.restlessheartfilm.com

March 24th 6pm
Mar 18th 2013 new
(Quote) Theresa-811709 said: www.restlessheartfilm.com March 24th 6pm
(Quote) Theresa-811709 said: www.restlessheartfilm.com

March 24th 6pm
--hide--

So I am still waiting to hear back on my answer about whether we should buy the tickets as a group or seperate but this is the information I have so far:

There has been a mistake with timing, the showing has changed from 6:00 pm to 6:30 pm. I pray this will not cause you any inconvenience. I am hoping for those who do arrive early to have a small discussion around the life of Saint Augustine , and questions answered.

Dear Friends.

I write to invite you to a very special event, first in its kind: the big screen showing of "Restless Heart" in Chicago; a film based on the Confessions of Saint Augustine of Hippo, a great Father of the Early Church but also, a saint for our time!

The film depicts the strong conversion of this "Doctor of the church" turned away from a sinful life, through the fervent prayers and ardent tears of his saintly mother, Monica, and the brilliant intervention of the bishop of Milan, Saint Ambrose.

Through the rising of persecutions by the emperor of Milan against the early christians, God would rescue His lost sheep, Augustine, trapped in a world of materialism, power and fame, and heretic religions...

It is an "Ignatius Press" film of great quality, available only by private showing and offered to you on the eve of the entry into Holy Week.

What better time than Lent to come and witness to God's love for us, not only by dying on the cross to give us life, but by calling each and every one of us to a close and intimate relationship with Him... Augustine is the great proof!

The event will benefit Tele Lumiere And Noursat International, a global, Catholic television network from the Middle East. The proceeds will assist Noursat to continue in its mission of evangelization and bringing the Gospel of Good News to a much troubled Arab world today. The messages of peace, tolerance, coexistence, respect of human dignity, and Church unity, are ideals that Tele Lumiere is seeking to promote throughout the Middle East, and beyond, in its daily programming.

By attending this showing, you accomplish three good achievements: you witness to the beautiful life of three great saints, you prepare your heart for the Holy Week in a profound and spiritual way, and you become an apostle of the whole world by helping Tele Lumiere and Noursat evangelize every home.

I encourage you strongly to attend this very moving film; I am confident it will stir your heart. I strongly encourage the youth to attend.

PS: Movie is equivalent to a PG 13 rating, not advised for children under 13. For more information, or to watch trailer, see the link below.

Seats are limited, please call immediately to reserve your place. 630-770-6712

In Christ,

Simone Romanos

You are Invited to a Very Special

Big Screen Event

Palm Sunday, March 24, 2013

6:30 PM

Tele Lumiere and Noursat International proudly presents the private showing of the movie "Restless Heart" The Confessions of Augustine.

"You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in You"

Saint Augustine

Filmed in Europe, RESTLESS HEART is the first full-length feature movie on St. Augustine. Born in North Africa, Augustine studied in Carthage, becoming an accomplished but dissolute orator. After converting to Manichaeism, a guilt-free religion, he was called to the imperial court in Milan to serve as an opponent to the Christian bishop Ambrose. But when the Empress Justina sent imperial guards to clear out a basilica where Augustine's mother Monica was worshipping, her constant prayers and the witness of Ambrose won him over to Christianity. Serving in Hippo in 430 AD, Bishop Augustine urged the Roman garrison to negotiate with the Vandal King Genseric, but they proudly refused. He passed up a chance to escape on a ship sent to rescue him by the Pope, and stayed by the side of his people. Christian Duguay directed the film, and the cast includes Franco Nero, Johannes Bandrup, Monica Guerritore and Alessandro Preziosi.

Portage Theatre

4050 N Milwaukee Ave.

Chicago, Illinois 60641

Tickets on sale now; please do not wait to reserve your seats. Admission: $10 / person.

For info and reservations, please contact:

Simone Romanos: 630-770-6712. romanosgs@hotmail.com

Vera Maalouf: vsmaalouf@wi.rr.com

Dr. Joyce Rabbat: jrabbat@hotmail.com
Mar 20th 2013 new
If you are planning to come to the movie please buy your own ticket but let me know that you have bought the ticket.
Mar 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Theresa-811709 said: If you are planning to come to the movie please buy your own ticket but let me know that you have boug...
(Quote) Theresa-811709 said: If you are planning to come to the movie please buy your own ticket but let me know that you have bought the ticket.
--hide--

CANCELED (due to lack of people)

Mar 29th 2013 new
(Quote) Theresa-811709 said: I just saw the information for this movie in the other forum room. This is another great idea but what w...
(Quote) Theresa-811709 said:

I just saw the information for this movie in the other forum room. This is another great idea but what would be a good idea to do along with this since we will be sitting in the dark most of the time and not socializing?
--hide--

Hello! I would be interested in a get together for under 40 event that includes out of town people. Under 40 retreat. :)
Posts 11 - 17 of 17