Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

03/11/2013 new

That is what DOMA did--it said inter alia that a state does not have to recognize another state's "marriage" or similar unions from other states within its own state. That is the worst part of what the Supreme court may do.

03/11/2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: That is what DOMA did--it said inter alia that a state does not have to recognize another state's...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

That is what DOMA did--it said inter alia that a state does not have to recognize another state's "marriage" or similar unions from other states within its own state. That is the worst part of what the Supreme court may do.

--hide--

I did not realize the extent of the DOMA. I believed it merely establish a law for the Feds. So much for relying on the mainstream media for information weeping weeping weeping weeping eyepopping eyepopping eyepopping eyepopping

03/11/2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: I am in Illinois, and we are one house of representatives vote away from gay marriage. I went ...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

I am in Illinois, and we are one house of representatives vote away from gay marriage.

I went through the adoption of civil unions two years ago, and thought then, I need to move, but then thought that would be it, that an equivalent structure would be enough to satisfy the liberal left, but it wasn't.

I am really despairing here that I can't live anymore in a state where such things are accepted (and paid for with my tax money), and I have to be part of a court system that works on these issues as well.

There is also the issue of the two cases before the Supreme Court; if those cases go the "wrong" way, perhaps there will be no "safe" place in America on the issue.

I am seriously considering moving, but I really don't know where might be "safe" from this issue.

I have wanted to move to AZ but now I see that is not even a good bet.

I am thinking that a state where there has been a long standing constitutional amendment defining marriage as one man one woman....I know which those are, but are you even safe there?

What does everyone think? Is there anywhere one can go where you can be safe from this issue?

--hide--

What state can one go to?

Pat, it's refreshing to come across such an optimist during these times. The question you should be asking is, "What country can one go to?"

The answer (of course) is Russia.

www.dailymail.co.uk

I know a very devout French priest who is convinced that it will be Russia that will save the West from itself. I think the irony here would be almost too much to bear: the West brings down Communism in the Soviet Union (saving the people of the Soviet Republcs), and Russia brings down the secular humanists in the West (saving us).

03/11/2013 new

(Quote) William-607613 said: What state can one go to? Pat, it's refreshing to come across such...
(Quote) William-607613 said:

What state can one go to?

Pat, it's refreshing to come across such an optimist during these times. The question you should be asking is, "What country can one go to?"

The answer (of course) is Russia.

www.dailymail.co.uk

I know a very devout French priest who is convinced that it will be Russia that will save the West from itself. I think the irony here would be almost too much to bear: the West brings down Communism in the Soviet Union (saving the people of the Soviet Republcs), and Russia brings down the secular humanists in the West (saving us).

--hide--

Sad but probably true. However I hear rumors that Obama is getting more popular over there so we better watch out. The real question is what country can you go to escape Obama? Just kidding or maybe not. wink

03/11/2013 new

The one right next to you to the east.. wink Taxes are lower here too..

03/11/2013 new

The following link has charts of every country showing whether they allow civil unions, gay marriage, gay adoption, etc.

You will notice that it is really only the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Europe, And Australia/New Zealand that allow this.

Africa, Central America, most of South America, Eastern Europe, and most of Asia do NOT allow gay marriage.

And, in fact, Belize won't even allow gay people into the country!

(You have to scroll down to get to the charts once you are in the linked material.)

en.wikipedia.org

03/11/2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: And, in fact, Belize won't even allow gay people into the country!
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: And, in fact, Belize won't even allow gay people into the country!
--hide--

Fascinating! I'd been thinking about Belize since the last election!!! Oh, wait - this isn't the mid-life crisis thread.

03/11/2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: The following link has charts of every country showing whether they allow civil unions, gay mar...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

The following link has charts of every country showing whether they allow civil unions, gay marriage, gay adoption, etc.

You will notice that it is really only the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Europe, And Australia/New Zealand that allow this.

Africa, Central America, most of South America, Eastern Europe, and most of Asia do NOT allow gay marriage.

And, in fact, Belize won't even allow gay people into the country!

(You have to scroll down to get to the charts once you are in the linked material.)

en.wikipedia.org

--hide--
Italy looks good, they have not fallen yet. Lets all go home to Rome and asked the Pope if he has any room.

03/11/2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: Fascinating! I'd been thinking about Belize since the last election!!! Oh, wait...
(Quote) Beverly-936499 said:

Fascinating! I'd been thinking about Belize since the last election!!! Oh, wait - this isn't the mid-life crisis thread.

--hide--

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

03/11/2013 new

[quote]Beverly-936499 said: Fascinating! I'd been thinking about Belize since the last election!!! Oh, wait - this isn't the mid-life crisis thread./quote]

laughing laughing clap

Posts 11 - 20 of 200