Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Mar 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Thomas-699657 said: Italy looks good, they have not fallen yet. Lets all go home to Rome and asked the Pope if he has any r...
(Quote) Thomas-699657 said: Italy looks good, they have not fallen yet. Lets all go home to Rome and asked the Pope if he has any room.
--hide--

Very tempting biggrin

Mar 11th 2013 new

(Quote) William-The question you should be asking is, "What country can one go to?" The answer (of c...
(Quote) William-The question you should be asking is, "What country can one go to?"

The answer (of course) is Russia.

I know a very devout French priest who is convinced that it will be Russia that will save the West from itself. I think the irony here would be almost too much to bear: the West brings down Communism in the Soviet Union (saving the people of the Soviet Republcs), and Russia brings down the secular humanists in the West (saving us).

--hide--

Yes that is strange. I have read some interesting stories on the English version of Pravda where Russian journalists blast our lack of religious freedom! I am old enough to remember a time when it was the exact opposite! These writers believe our govt is making a "Soviet Mistake" and ill collapse like the Societ Union did in 1991. Who woulda thunk it possible?

Mar 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Thomas-699657 said: Italy looks good, they have not fallen yet. Lets all go home to Rome and asked the Pope if he ha...
(Quote) Thomas-699657 said:

Italy looks good, they have not fallen yet. Lets all go home to Rome and asked the Pope if he has any room.

--hide--

Portugal --- As Our Lady of Fatima said : " In Portugal the dogma of the Faith will always be preserved...."

Mar 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Rosemarie-744159 said: Portugal --- As Our Lady of Fatima said : " In Portugal the do...
(Quote) Rosemarie-744159 said:

Portugal --- As Our Lady of Fatima said : " In Portugal the dogma of the Faith will always be preserved...."

--hide--

Did you look at the link? Portugal has legal same-sex marriage and allows same-sex couples to adopt. The dogma of the Faith has apparently NOT been preserved - at least NOT by the Portuguese government.

Mar 11th 2013 new

My state "opened" for gay marriages at this past New Year's. To everyone's surprise...hardly anyone came forward to be "married".

Methinks that despite all their protestations of it being an issue of "love", same-sex relationships are really based on getting what one can for oneself at the expense of another.

Mar 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Rosemarie-744159 said: Portugal --- As Our Lady of Fatima said : " In Portugal the do...
(Quote) Rosemarie-744159 said:

--hide--
This is true,but do they speak English there??? I don't know how to speak Portuguese.

Mar 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Did you look at the link? Portugal has legal same-sex marriage and allows sam...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Did you look at the link? Portugal has legal same-sex marriage and allows same-sex couples to adopt. The dogma of the Faith has apparently NOT been preserved - at least NOT by the Portuguese government.

--hide--

Oh my! But I hope their Church stands strong amidst all that.

Mar 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: The following link has charts of every country showing whether they allow civil unions, gay mar...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

The following link has charts of every country showing whether they allow civil unions, gay marriage, gay adoption, etc.

You will notice that it is really only the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Europe, And Australia/New Zealand that allow this.

Africa, Central America, most of South America, Eastern Europe, and most of Asia do NOT allow gay marriage.

And, in fact, Belize won't even allow gay people into the country!

(You have to scroll down to get to the charts once you are in the linked material.)

en.wikipedia.org

--hide--
The map reminds me of a war map. places they have won the war and places they have not. What a scary thought???

Mar 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: The really sad part is that there is no where in the US one can go to escape this idiocy....
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

The really sad part is that there is no where in the US one can go to escape this idiocy.

Article IV, Section 1 of the Constitution states; "Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records and Judicial Proceedings of every other State.

That means that if State A has a law approving "Gay Marriages," every other state must recognize the validity of the "marriage" of a Gay Couple "married" in State A.

So if Jerry and Jeff were legally "married" in the State of Washington (yes, it is legal here) and then move to Nebraska, Nebraska must recognize their marriage as valid and give them all the benefits that Nebraska law gives married couples.

--hide--

Paul, if I am not mistaken, when they file their Federal tax returns like the 1040, they cannot file as a married couple or
joint. They are able to file joint in the states that accept gay marriage though.

I heard some people talking about this problem on the news. This may now mean that the Federal Government could
change the tax filing criteria, or maybe not.

Mar 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: I am in Illinois, and we are one house of representatives vote away from gay marriage. I went ...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

I am in Illinois, and we are one house of representatives vote away from gay marriage.

I went through the adoption of civil unions two years ago, and thought then, I need to move, but then thought that would be it, that an equivalent structure would be enough to satisfy the liberal left, but it wasn't.

I am really despairing here that I can't live anymore in a state where such things are accepted (and paid for with my tax money), and I have to be part of a court system that works on these issues as well.

There is also the issue of the two cases before the Supreme Court; if those cases go the "wrong" way, perhaps there will be no "safe" place in America on the issue.

I am seriously considering moving, but I really don't know where might be "safe" from this issue.

I have wanted to move to AZ but now I see that is not even a good bet.

I am thinking that a state where there has been a long standing constitutional amendment defining marriage as one man one woman....I know which those are, but are you even safe there?

What does everyone think? Is there anywhere one can go where you can be safe from this issue?

--hide--

You know, Pat, we were told on this STM forum, not too long ago, that the percentage of gays is really only
about 2 to 3 percent, maybe 5 at the most, in the population.

So how does such a small minority create such a lot of concern? I think it is because they are represented
in such high proportions throughout Hollywood, and in the arts, and in the design world. It seems that they
are ubiquitous.

Truthfully, I don't think you will be too effected by having them get married now. I mean, they are probably
already living together and shopping together and holding hands in the street. Signing that piece of paper
won't be a whole lot more. But then, as you know, having gay marriage is just one more step into the
liberal hedonistic world for America. We have to brace for that in every state now. It IS upsetting.

Posts 21 - 30 of 200