Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

03/12/2013 new

(Quote) William-607613 said: You can add money laundering to the country's problems; it's a problem that aff...
(Quote) William-607613 said:

You can add money laundering to the country's problems; it's a problem that affects banking worldwide. Yes, there are plenty of reasons to not want to live in Russia.

Having said that, I think the difference is in the direction the western governments and Russia are turning. Russia has already hit bottom; at least at the government level, they recognize a natural law (at least as far as their actions surrounding the homosexual "marriage" indicate).

We haven't hit bottom yet (although we're moving quite quickly in that direction, so just be a little patient); our government is at the stage where it sees no need to recognize any natural law.

The truth is, there is probably more protection for religious beliefs in Russia than in many of the western countries.

--hide--

I find your last sentence stunning, but from what I read it is also correct. Russian would be a very difficult language to learn ( I have tried). Perhaps this country will have more respect for religious freedom after we hit bottom and stay there for a while. This is my thinking. It's like the old saying about there being no atheists in foxholes during war. But I do not think I will live to see that day for it is too far off.

03/12/2013 new

(Quote) William-607613 said: You can add money laundering to the country's problems; it's a problem that aff...

You can add money laundering to the country's problems; it's a problem that affects banking worldwide. Yes, there are plenty of reasons to not want to live in Russia.

Having said that, I think the difference is in the direction the western governments and Russia are turning. Russia has already hit bottom; at least at the government level, they recognize a natural law (at least as far as their actions surrounding the homosexual "marriage" indicate).

We haven't hit bottom yet (although we're moving quite quickly in that direction, so just be a little patient); our government is at the stage where it sees no need to recognize any natural law.

The truth is, there is probably more protection for religious beliefs in Russia than in many of the western countries.

--hide--

The West helped Russia reach rock-bottom during the 1990s, what with the pillaging of the Russian economy and the rise of the kleptocratic oligarchs.

03/12/2013 new

(Quote) William-607613 said: What state can one go to? Pat, it's refreshing to come across such...

What state can one go to?

Pat, it's refreshing to come across such an optimist during these times. The question you should be asking is, "What country can one go to?"

The answer (of course) is Russia.

www.dailymail.co.uk

I know a very devout French priest who is convinced that it will be Russia that will save the West from itself. I think the irony here would be almost too much to bear: the West brings down Communism in the Soviet Union (saving the people of the Soviet Republcs), and Russia brings down the secular humanists in the West (saving us).

--hide--

Well, at least Putin is trying to do something. The best propaganda and brainwashing methods are developed on Madison Avenue. Sadly, but not surprisingly, the same cities that host world finance are also the origins of most of the filfth flowing from the First World into the rest of the world.

03/12/2013 new

(Quote) Sean-851370 said: Well, at least Putin is trying to do something. The best propaganda and brainwashi...
(Quote) Sean-851370 said:

Well, at least Putin is trying to do something. The best propaganda and brainwashing methods are developed on Madison Avenue. Sadly, but not surprisingly, the same cities that host world finance are also the origins of most of the filfth flowing from the First World into the rest of the world.

--hide--

Like I said, I sometimes read the English version of Pravda online and it makes me wonder whether I should break out those Russian books and start studying again. Then again I have some unusual thoughts on current events.

03/12/2013 new

(Quote) Jim-13836 said: Like I said, I sometimes read the English version of Pravda online and it makes me wond...
(Quote) Jim-13836 said:

Like I said, I sometimes read the English version of Pravda online and it makes me wonder whether I should break out those Russian books and start studying again. Then again I have some unusual thoughts on current events.

--hide--

Yes, as well as RT and Press TV. The Anglo-American boys such as Zbigniew hate Russia, and Zbig is Obama's mentor. Russia's certainly not without its faults. Of course neither is the US. But the Anglo-American worldview is a nightmare and has been dragging this country down for a century or more.

03/12/2013 new

Well Pat,

I have given this a lot of hard thinking and having viewed Tricia's links, the only State I can come up with that will never change is Death! Oh and that state there is no Tax as well! pope tombstone thumbsup

03/12/2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-384374 said: If you want to run away from the problem, you could run to Utah but you would still be runnin...
(Quote) Elizabeth-384374 said:

If you want to run away from the problem, you could run to Utah but you would still be running away rather than dealing with the issues of the day. What the liberal media is trying to hide is that it has alreadly been proven over and over again that homosexulaity is caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain - no different then many other mental illnesses like depression. Because of that, it CAN be cured. The other part most people do not comprehend is that only 3% of the entire US claims to be gay. The other 97% are straight. This goes further into that it must be a mental illness.

news.bbc.co.uk <- This article discusses how mercury causes homosexuality in birds

www.bbc.co.uk <- This article discusses how there is a cure that has been used on mice and what the chemistry is

Therefore, if it is a mental illness, then you can't allow the individuals with that mental illness to act upon it. We don't let people that are depressed kill themselves - we put them on suicide watches. We don't let people run around dancing in the street without any precautions (ie, Manic), we watch them and make sure they take their medications. Rather than fleeing from gay marriage, we should, as a Church, be fighting for the recognition that homosexuality is a mental illness.

--hide--

Elizabeth,

It was always known that homosexuality was a mental disorder (although they may have used different words throughout history to categorize it). It was only as recently as 1973 that the American Psychiatric Association, under enormous pressure from homosexuals, removed homosexuality from its list of mental illnesses.

And that pressure from the homosexual community hasn't eased up, as you may have noticed.

Quite frankly, I think one can argue that there are enough homosexuals in the Church who don't see their sexual preference as a disorder; you wouldn't just be fighting against everyone else in the Diaspora, you would be fighting against fellow Catholics.

03/12/2013 new

I read an article a whiles back stating that redefining marriage to accomodate same sex couples was my generations "social issue", like abortion in the 70s, the wars in the 60s, the segregation issue in the 50s.

Next 20 I don't think there'll be a Western country left that hasn't redefined marriage to accomodate same sex couples. Probably 10. I've thought about moving, perhaps an African country, I bet those Mulsim nations wouldn't tolerate this garbage, granted, they'd probably hang me for having a rosary in my possession.

However, i think its a bad thing to run away from it. How many saints and martyrs walked right back into pagan nations with the word of God? I feel too much responsibilyt before GOd to turn my back on this fight. And all I'm currently doing is annoying people on Facebook with my nasty intolerance and bigotry and hatred and bacon love.

ANyway, got a spare five bucks and a kindle? I got this pamplet/book thing and its fantastic. Its where I learnt the term "redefine marriage to accomodate same sex couples". I've always hated the term "gay marriage" because its an oxymoron [like Microsoft Works hur hur]. Using the term only plays into their hands and gives credibility as an option. Its not, its a legal fiction. No govt. no semantic can change the nature of something. You can call a car a tree till you're blue in the face, even pass laws recognising cars as trees, but it'll never so so in reality.

www.amazon.com

PLUG PLUG PLUG

03/12/2013 new

(Quote) William-607613 said: Elizabeth,It was always known that homosexuality was a mental disorder (alt...

Elizabeth,

It was always known that homosexuality was a mental disorder (although they may have used different words throughout history to categorize it). It was only as recently as 1973 that the American Psychiatric Association, under enormous pressure from homosexuals, removed homosexuality from its list of mental illnesses.

And that pressure from the homosexual community hasn't eased up, as you may have noticed.

Quite frankly, I think one can argue that there are enough homosexuals in the Church who don't see their sexual preference as a disorder; you wouldn't just be fighting against everyone else in the Diaspora, you would be fighting against fellow Catholics.

--hide--

Again, you are talking about 3% of the population. That's it. Yes, there are Catholics that are homosexuals, just as there are Catholics that are Manic/Depressive or have any other number of mental disorders. We need to fight to change the concept of homosexuality as one that should be accpeted to one that should be cured and that the individuals who suffer from this mental illness should be treated with love and kindness while being treated.

We need to stop worrying about people running away and start standing up for our principles as Catholics.

03/12/2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-384374 said: Again, you are talking about 3% of the population. That's it. Yes, ther...
(Quote) Elizabeth-384374 said:

Again, you are talking about 3% of the population. That's it. Yes, there are Catholics that are homosexuals, just as there are Catholics that are Manic/Depressive or have any other number of mental disorders. We need to fight to change the concept of homosexuality as one that should be accpeted to one that should be cured and that the individuals who suffer from this mental illness should be treated with love and kindness while being treated.

We need to stop worrying about people running away and start standing up for our principles as Catholics.

--hide--

While I defintely think its a mental illness, I think we're in a situation where people are seeing it as something to experiement with. I saw a documentry a few years back about kids in NZL and their opinions of homosexuality, and the majority of them, were like "oh yeah, its just something you do to try out, even if you're not like gay".

Kids were experimenting with homosexuality not because they themselves were mentally unwell, but because it was something else to do.

That's why its so gosh darn insideous, I don't think anyone out there is trying out bi-polar for themselves to see what its like.

Another 20 years, I bet we'll see paedophilia become mainstreamed.

Posts 41 - 50 of 200