Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Mar 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: While I defintely think its a mental illness, I think we're in a situation where peo...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

While I defintely think its a mental illness, I think we're in a situation where people are seeing it as something to experiement with. I saw a documentry a few years back about kids in NZL and their opinions of homosexuality, and the majority of them, were like "oh yeah, its just something you do to try out, even if you're not like gay".

Kids were experimenting with homosexuality not because they themselves were mentally unwell, but because it was something else to do.

That's why its so gosh darn insideous, I don't think anyone out there is trying out bi-polar for themselves to see what its like.

Another 20 years, I bet we'll see paedophilia become mainstreamed.

--hide--

No, but we do see these same kids cutting themselves like a person with depression would do. If you make it as a mental illness, market it as a mental illness, you will see all of this blind acceptance end and allow people who want and need help to get help.

Mar 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: While I defintely think its a mental illness, I think we're in a situation where peo...

While I defintely think its a mental illness, I think we're in a situation where people are seeing it as something to experiement with. I saw a documentry a few years back about kids in NZL and their opinions of homosexuality, and the majority of them, were like "oh yeah, its just something you do to try out, even if you're not like gay".

Kids were experimenting with homosexuality not because they themselves were mentally unwell, but because it was something else to do.

That's why its so gosh darn insideous, I don't think anyone out there is trying out bi-polar for themselves to see what its like.

--hide--

It's similar to drugs and in many cases associated with drug-use. Many engaged in homosexuality are heavy drug-users who use drugs as a way to enhance their highs. If you're familiar with American and British history, none of this is surprising. The Boston Brahmins became wealthy from the British opium trade. Is it very surprising that the gay movement has come out of the Northeast? Dope and promiscuity are the trade of the American establishment.

Mar 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: Another 20 years, I bet we'll see paedophilia become mainstreamed.

--hide--

NAMBLA is working on it...

Mar 12th 2013 new

Absolutely true!
One of the sad aspects, though, is that a large share of those who identify as homosexual probably aren't...but are living the lifestyle. Similarly, efforts like the "marriage" laws make it look like this behavior is normal...which leads people who aren't sure of their orientation down the wrong road.

Mar 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Sean-851370 said: Many engaged in homosexuality are heavy drug-users who use drugs as a way to enhance their highs.
(Quote) Sean-851370 said: Many engaged in homosexuality are heavy drug-users who use drugs as a way to enhance their highs.
--hide--
I think the drug use is a result or consequence. A real homosexual must know he/she is not normal (just as an alcoholic knows he's not normal) and must use drugs to escape that fact. Similarly, those who aren't "real" homosexuals must know their actions are contrary to nature and an abuse of the body...and must use drugs to escape that fact.

Mar 12th 2013 new

(Quote) John-336509 said: NAMBLA is working on it...
(Quote) John-336509 said:

NAMBLA is working on it...

--hide--

Yeah, I know! And redefining marriage to accomodate same sex couples, on the basis of love, opens the door to all love. There are laws on the books in NZL that allow for minors to get abortions without parental consent, now, if a 9 year old can make the grown up descision to have an abortion then surely she's grown up enough to "marry" 58 year old Barry because they "love" each other. And if little Susie can make such a decision, then so can little Timmy. Love is too subjective to allow marriage to be built solely on it.

Marriage now is simply seen as an adult-centric institutiion which is there for the enjoyment, happiness and filfulment of adults. There is no longer any concern for children. Kids are now nothing more but property. You want a kid, drop ten K and get IVF, don't have any good eggs, buy some, don't want to ruin your body, get some poor Indian woman to surrogate, get pregnatn with a kid and its '"inconvienent", kill the little snot. Marriage is, and was always for the protection of children, for the right of the child to know their mother and father in a committed stable relationship recognised by whatever legal/religious authority was ruling at the time.

The NAMBLA crowd have some very good "logic" in their arguments, the same kind of logic we see in the pro-homosexuality argument. It is not normal for a grown man to be sexually attracted to a nine year old boy, likewise it is not normal for a man to be attracted to another man.

The anatomy was never designed for that sort of union. Its dangerous. Its a form of self harm. Defintely a mental illness.

Mar 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: I think the drug use is a result or consequence. A real homosexual must know he/she is not normal...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

I think the drug use is a result or consequence. A real homosexual must know he/she is not normal (just as an alcoholic knows he's not normal) and must use drugs to escape that fact. Similarly, those who aren't "real" homosexuals must know their actions are contrary to nature and an abuse of the body...and must use drugs to escape that fact.

--hide--

Its part of the lifestyle, the risk taking. Generally its homosexual men who once would have headed down to some seedy park to meet up with random strangers. Now its through the internet. Recently in the town I'm living in, they said that Syphallis has exploded, especially in the homosexual community because of social networking sites where you can meet people for causual sexual encounters. ITs the same in heterosexuals, if they engage in one risky behaviour, they'll usually be involved in others, or find it easy to slip into others. THey have a lot of sex, they'll end up taking drugs and boozing. They booze and take drugs, obviously they'll be too out of it to make rational decisions and end up having lots of sex.

They also meet in pubs and bars, there will be huge amounts of alcohol, there'll be drugs. Plus, really, its a way of numbing the pain, isn't it? There's also a higher rate of infidelity amongst same sex couples, huge rates of domestic violence in lesbian relationships. A lesbian friend of mine said basically she'll just take what she can get until someone better comes along. The process of meeting people in their communities are generally in unhealthy venues.

Subsquently, I saw an interesting study a while back that found that while suicide levels amongst gay teens were higher than those who identified as straight, the levels of bullying in those situations was considerably less than teens who were more likely to contemplate and acheive suicide - ie. minority groups. In fact, one study out of Canada last month found that teens generally didn't consider homosexuals as targets for bullying, they'd rather go after the fat kid or the black kid or the kid with braces or a hijab before they'd go after a "queer".

So obviously there's more then just "be nice to gays and they need to fit in otherwise they'll kill themselves" going on. It stands to reason that there's a serious chemical imbalance in the brain that is causing not only the same sex attraction but also the mental illnesses and self-harming.

Of course, here's the kicker, if society and science views homosexuality as just another healthy flavour of human sexuality, then no one's going to do any really solid studies into the subject, and those that do study it with intent of viewing it as a legitamit mental illness will be called biased, bigotted, homophobic et cetera, but the pro-gay society we currently reside within.

Mar 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: Its part of the lifestyle, the risk taking. Generally its homosexual men who once would ...

Its part of the lifestyle, the risk taking. Generally its homosexual men who once would have headed down to some seedy park to meet up with random strangers. Now its through the internet. Recently in the town I'm living in, they said that Syphallis has exploded, especially in the homosexual community because of social networking sites where you can meet people for causual sexual encounters. ITs the same in heterosexuals, if they engage in one risky behaviour, they'll usually be involved in others, or find it easy to slip into others. THey have a lot of sex, they'll end up taking drugs and boozing. They booze and take drugs, obviously they'll be too out of it to make rational decisions and end up having lots of sex.

They also meet in pubs and bars, there will be huge amounts of alcohol, there'll be drugs. Plus, really, its a way of numbing the pain, isn't it? There's also a higher rate of infidelity amongst same sex couples, huge rates of domestic violence in lesbian relationships. A lesbian friend of mine said basically she'll just take what she can get until someone better comes along. The process of meeting people in their communities are generally in unhealthy venues.

Subsquently, I saw an interesting study a while back that found that while suicide levels amongst gay teens were higher than those who identified as straight, the levels of bullying in those situations was considerably less than teens who were more likely to contemplate and acheive suicide - ie. minority groups. In fact, one study out of Canada last month found that teens generally didn't consider homosexuals as targets for bullying, they'd rather go after the fat kid or the black kid or the kid with braces or a hijab before they'd go after a "queer".

So obviously there's more then just "be nice to gays and they need to fit in otherwise they'll kill themselves" going on. It stands to reason that there's a serious chemical imbalance in the brain that is causing not only the same sex attraction but also the mental illnesses and self-harming.

Of course, here's the kicker, if society and science views homosexuality as just another healthy flavour of human sexuality, then no one's going to do any really solid studies into the subject, and those that do study it with intent of viewing it as a legitamit mental illness will be called biased, bigotted, homophobic et cetera, but the pro-gay society we currently reside within.

--hide--
Read this article and watch the short video. This is were the west is going???www.tfpstudentaction.org

Mar 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: Its part of the lifestyle, the risk taking. Generally its homosexual men who once would ...

--hide--

Naomi I don't have the link unfortunately but I read a news article out of Germany (in English) that the German Parliament thought it necessary to codify into law a formal prohibition against bestiality. It gets worse. In the article quite a few men came out in public and said this was discriminatory and they had had many years of a "loving relationship" with their dogs. What could possibly be next? Pro-bestiality clubs in schools? I was sick just reading it.

Mar 13th 2013 new

--hide--

In the US there is already a movement to do just that. It has not gained much traction yet, but its proponents are open about it.

Posts 51 - 60 of 200