Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

03/13/2013 new

(Quote) Jim-13836 said: Naomi I don't have the link unfortunately but I read a news article out of Germany ...
(Quote) Jim-13836 said:

Naomi I don't have the link unfortunately but I read a news article out of Germany (in English) that the German Parliament thought it necessary to codify into law a formal prohibition against bestiality. It gets worse. In the article quite a few men came out in public and said this was discriminatory and they had had many years of a "loving relationship" with their dogs. What could possibly be next? Pro-bestiality clubs in schools? I was sick just reading it.

--hide--

I'd like to say that the concept of consent would prevent beastality gaining a traction within law, as the animal can't consent it can't be classed as a legal relationship. But all it would take would be for some clever animal shagger to come forward and argue that his animal isn't being harmed by it, or that as a form of property, a person can do whatever they want with an animal.

I recently read a magazine article about a woman who was pushing for legalisation of marriage between a person and an inanimate object, like a car. She went on to describe how she'd borrow friends' cars that she thought were hot [the cars, not hte friends] then she'd go out somewhere private and well... I try not to think of the logistics, but she said she was "making love" with the car.

There are even people who can "marry" themselves.

There's a saying, a little judgemental and probably a bit uncharitable:

If God doesn't hurry up and judge our society, he's going to have to apologise to Sodom and Gomorrah.

Frankly, those old timey sinners, ain't got nothing on us. Nothing.

03/13/2013 new

What State? The State of Grace.

Reparation to the Sacred Heart www.audiosancto.org

03/13/2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: ... What does everyone think? Is there anywhere one can go where you can be safe from this issue?
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

... What does everyone think? Is there anywhere one can go where you can be safe from this issue?

--hide--

I think there's some refuge on the moon. smile Praying

03/13/2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: I recently read a magazine article about a woman who was pushing for legalisation of marriage bet...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

I recently read a magazine article about a woman who was pushing for legalisation of marriage between a person and an inanimate object, like a car. She went on to describe how she'd borrow friends' cars that she thought were hot [the cars, not hte friends] then she'd go out somewhere private and well... I try not to think of the logistics, but she said she was "making love" with the car.

--hide--

I saw a documentary on this kind of stuff once - people making love to all sorts of inanimate objects. I doubt these people are sinning because they are clearly mentally ill - seriously so. Their concept of reality is distorted.

03/13/2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: I am in Illinois, and we are one house of representatives vote away from gay marriage. I went ...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

I am in Illinois, and we are one house of representatives vote away from gay marriage.

I went through the adoption of civil unions two years ago, and thought then, I need to move, but then thought that would be it, that an equivalent structure would be enough to satisfy the liberal left, but it wasn't.

I am really despairing here that I can't live anymore in a state where such things are accepted (and paid for with my tax money), and I have to be part of a court system that works on these issues as well.

There is also the issue of the two cases before the Supreme Court; if those cases go the "wrong" way, perhaps there will be no "safe" place in America on the issue.

I am seriously considering moving, but I really don't know where might be "safe" from this issue.

I have wanted to move to AZ but now I see that is not even a good bet.

I am thinking that a state where there has been a long standing constitutional amendment defining marriage as one man one woman....I know which those are, but are you even safe there?

What does everyone think? Is there anywhere one can go where you can be safe from this issue?

--hide--

Not being American, most African countries dont recoginise homosexualality or relationships, Russia, the Balkan States and the Agean States dont recognise them either, Mexico and Central America dont recognise them either. New Zealand has Civil Unions but is trying to pass homosexual marriage legislation, Most states in Australia dont recognise homosexual marriage but like the UK have Civil Unions. Any Moslem or Hindu country doesnt recognise homosexual union or acts, in fact it can be fatal if they are caught. China (all of them) dont recognise homosexuals or their unions.

I think you will find only the western "Christian" countries have legislation in existence or in the pipeline that give homosexuals marriage, children and rights of marriage.

03/13/2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-624504 said: Not being American, most African countries dont recoginise homosexualality or relation...
(Quote) Patrick-624504 said:

Not being American, most African countries dont recoginise homosexualality or relationships, Russia, the Balkan States and the Agean States dont recognise them either, Mexico and Central America dont recognise them either. New Zealand has Civil Unions but is trying to pass homosexual marriage legislation, Most states in Australia dont recognise homosexual marriage but like the UK have Civil Unions. Any Moslem or Hindu country doesnt recognise homosexual union or acts, in fact it can be fatal if they are caught. China (all of them) dont recognise homosexuals or their unions.

I think you will find only the western "Christian" countries have legislation in existence or in the pipeline that give homosexuals marriage, children and rights of marriage.

--hide--

Just to add to the above. The Koran doesnt recoginise homosexual activities between men but make no reference to homosexual relations between women

03/13/2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: I'd like to say that the concept of consent would prevent beastality gaining a tract...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

I'd like to say that the concept of consent would prevent beastality gaining a traction within law, as the animal can't consent it can't be classed as a legal relationship. But all it would take would be for some clever animal shagger to come forward and argue that his animal isn't being harmed by it, or that as a form of property, a person can do whatever they want with an animal.

There's a saying, a little judgemental and probably a bit uncharitable:

If God doesn't hurry up and judge our society, he's going to have to apologise to Sodom and Gomorrah.

Frankly, those old timey sinners, ain't got nothing on us. Nothing.

--hide--

Ah is that what they call progress? Dont forrget Naomi they are placing the Marriage (Gay Marrige) Act through its second reading this week. Satan again under mining the sacredness of marriage and the natural union of man and woman.

03/13/2013 new

(Quote) Lisa-54615 said: I saw a documentary on this kind of stuff once - people making love to all sorts of inanim...
(Quote) Lisa-54615 said:

I saw a documentary on this kind of stuff once - people making love to all sorts of inanimate objects. I doubt these people are sinning because they are clearly mentally ill - seriously so. Their concept of reality is distorted.

--hide--

Of course, but that doesn't deminish the damage their delusions can have on the rest of society. Should thse people start to gain credibility it would really muck up the system; well more than it is already.

We can laugh at them now, maybe even be a bit creeped out or feel sorry for them, but 40 years ago, wasn't that how people looked at homosexuals?

03/13/2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: I am in Illinois, and we are one house of representatives vote away from gay marriage. I went ...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

I am in Illinois, and we are one house of representatives vote away from gay marriage.

I went through the adoption of civil unions two years ago, and thought then, I need to move, but then thought that would be it, that an equivalent structure would be enough to satisfy the liberal left, but it wasn't.

I am really despairing here that I can't live anymore in a state where such things are accepted (and paid for with my tax money), and I have to be part of a court system that works on these issues as well.

There is also the issue of the two cases before the Supreme Court; if those cases go the "wrong" way, perhaps there will be no "safe" place in America on the issue.

I am seriously considering moving, but I really don't know where might be "safe" from this issue.

I have wanted to move to AZ but now I see that is not even a good bet.

I am thinking that a state where there has been a long standing constitutional amendment defining marriage as one man one woman....I know which those are, but are you even safe there?

What does everyone think? Is there anywhere one can go where you can be safe from this issue?

--hide--
A slight interruption, Pat, if you will excuse me. We are frequently using the term "gay marriage", which we realize cannot exist. Yet it is the term commonly used. Indirectly it is acknowledging that such a union is possible, when it's really an oxymoron.

According to an article appearing in Catholics for the Common Good, we would do well to use the term "redefining marriage" (definition of marriage = a marriage between 2 people instead of the traditional man and a woman). Essentially that's what is occurring -- an effort to redefine marriage. Using that term gives us a little edge.

03/13/2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-624504 said: Ah is that what they call progress? Dont forrget Naomi they are placing the Marriage (...
(Quote) Patrick-624504 said:

Ah is that what they call progress? Dont forrget Naomi they are placing the Marriage (Gay Marrige) Act through its second reading this week. Satan again under mining the sacredness of marriage and the natural union of man and woman.

--hide--

Yes, its most unfortunate we've reached this point. Especially given that of the 21,000 odd submissions on the "Marriage equality act" [sic] only 8,000 were opposed.

Shame that democracy seems to recognise the majority not what's the Truth.

In liu of this, I will now refer to the legal fiction that is "gay marriage" in the current societal lexicon as "redefining marriage to accomodate same sex couples".

A mouthful, sure, but semantically correct and gives no credibility to that movement.

Posts 61 - 70 of 200