Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

03/13/2013 new

(Quote) Lisa-54615 said: I saw a documentary on this kind of stuff once - people making love to all sorts of inanim...
(Quote) Lisa-54615 said:

I saw a documentary on this kind of stuff once - people making love to all sorts of inanimate objects. I doubt these people are sinning because they are clearly mentally ill - seriously so. Their concept of reality is distorted.

--hide--
Not familiar with the documentary, but have heard of some weird practices. The problem is connected with psychological disorders which could diminish (if not completely eliminate) their culpability.

03/13/2013 new

(Quote) Lisa-54615 said: I saw a documentary on this kind of stuff once - people making love to all sorts of inanim...
(Quote) Lisa-54615 said:

I saw a documentary on this kind of stuff once - people making love to all sorts of inanimate objects. I doubt these people are sinning because they are clearly mentally ill - seriously so. Their concept of reality is distorted.

--hide--

Nothing a large dose of psychotrophic drugs wont solve

03/13/2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: Of course, but that doesn't deminish the damage their delusions can have on the rest...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

Of course, but that doesn't deminish the damage their delusions can have on the rest of society. Should thse people start to gain credibility it would really muck up the system; well more than it is already.

We can laugh at them now, maybe even be a bit creeped out or feel sorry for them, but 40 years ago, wasn't that how people looked at homosexuals?

--hide--

40 years ago it was a criminal offense, 75 years before that you got 10 years hard labour, and 150 years ago they still hung you for it. At this rate they will make it compulsary and then where will I go?

03/13/2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: Yes, its most unfortunate we've reached this point. Especially given that of the 21,...

Yes, its most unfortunate we've reached this point. Especially given that of the 21,000 odd submissions on the "Marriage equality act" [sic] only 8,000 were opposed.

Shame that democracy seems to recognise the majority not what's the Truth.

In liu of this, I will now refer to the legal fiction that is "gay marriage" in the current societal lexicon as "redefining marriage to accomodate same sex couples".

A mouthful, sure, but semantically correct and gives no credibility to that movement.

--hide--

I agree, and blame Helen Clark and her homosexual gestapo that ruled for 12 years. Hell if she was any more camp you could make a tent out of her.

As for democracy well ........... what can I say, the Bolsheviks shot the homosexuals and the Iranian hang them, so apparently do they Ugandians

03/13/2013 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Not familiar with the documentary, but have heard of some weird practices. The problem is connected...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Not familiar with the documentary, but have heard of some weird practices. The problem is connected with psychological disorders which could diminish (if not completely eliminate) their culpability.

--hide--

I saw the doco I think it was on the National Geographic Channel. These people married their cars, one woman even married the Eiffel Tower. Itis called Objectphillia

Jun 11

Nat Geo Shows People In Love With Inanimate Objects by Ken, under National Geographic Channel

On Sunday, National Geographic Channel will show people who are in love with a car and a wall. Not just any wall, we’re talking with the Berlin Wall. Yes, that wall. There are people like this. The BBC chronicled a womanwho is in love with the Golden Gate Bridge. I kid you not. In fact, it’s the same woman who will be in the latest episode of National Geographic Channel’s Taboo series. The woman calls herself an Objectum Sexual. Not many people understand it and I’m one of them. But if this is what helps them get through life and they’re not harming anyone, then let them live.

Here’s Nat Geo’s press release plus a couple of video clips.

03/13/2013 new

(Quote) Jessica-951024 said: Hi Pat!I know what you mean...the liberal laws that are being past are nothing shor...
(Quote) Jessica-951024 said:

Hi Pat!

I know what you mean...the liberal laws that are being past are nothing short of enfuriating. You can come to North Carolina if you wanted to, though! We voted on gay unions a year ago, and we passed an amendment that stated that marriage would stay between one man and one woman. I was so happy that it passed, but it was close believe me.

--hide--

Jessica,

That, in a nutshell, is the problem.

We have two completely opposite schools of thought in this country (in the world as well, of course) the secular one not rearing its head until the last ten or twenty years; this would be when the hippies of the sixties started getting elected into office. What separates a society being governed by one school of thought is often nothing more than a vote or two in Congress, a state legislature, or in a court.

I would suggest that anyone who is looking for a state to move to in order to get away from the issue should probably pack their bags and move to a different part of the world.

03/13/2013 new

Hi all the discussion has been colorful to say the least.

But to circle back to what is my true concern: The time is coming when we will not even be able to talk about this. When half things that just have been said by many of us here will be considered a "hate" crime. It's like a tidal wave is coming at me/us, and I am wondering, is there any other higher ground out there where I will be safer, at least for a while?

I am well aware of the slippery slope of leglislative "progress" that takes us to a darker and darker place.

And I totally agree, as Billy Graham's wife once said to him: "If God does not punish America, he should apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah."

But I was just reading Father Oko's report of homosexuality in the Vatican

www.lifesitenews.com

and there is a line in there that applies here:

"That which is absurd must ultimately collapse, exhaust and devour itself. One cannot live in contradiction forever. We cannot always live against reason, against nature, against commandments, just like we cannot stand on our head forever. We must finally either repent or fall."

The problem is I don't see repentence coming, I know how hard it is once legislation is in place about something to create change, and coupled with our society's disregard for human life, added to it now an official acceptance and coming enforcement of that which is not only wrong but and an abomination against God (just like abortion is), see in this I see the collapse of society. I really do.

If you are not aware of this, you need to read this, a summary of what has happened in Massachusetts after "gay marriage" was adopted (and yes, I am aware of the reasons to use "redefining marriage" and that "gay marriage" is an oxymoron):

www.massresistance.org

This is what is coming. Be prepared to acquiesce to this kind of rot that threatens to engulf us, or be martyred (on some level).

03/13/2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: Hi all the discussion has been colorful to say the least. But to circle back to what is my tru...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

Hi all the discussion has been colorful to say the least.

But to circle back to what is my true concern: The time is coming when we will not even be able to talk about this. When half things that just have been said by many of us here will be considered a "hate" crime. It's like a tidal wave is coming at me/us, and I am wondering, is there any other higher ground out there where I will be safer, at least for a while?

I am well aware of the slippery slope of leglislative "progress" that takes us to a darker and darker place.

And I totally agree, as Billy Graham's wife once said to him: "If God does not punish America, he should apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah."

But I was just reading Father Oko's report of homosexuality in the Vatican

www.lifesitenews.com

and there is a line in there that applies here:

"That which is absurd must ultimately collapse, exhaust and devour itself. One cannot live in contradiction forever. We cannot always live against reason, against nature, against commandments, just like we cannot stand on our head forever. We must finally either repent or fall."

The problem is I don't see repentence coming, I know how hard it is once legislation is in place about something to create change, and coupled with our society's disregard for human life, added to it now an official acceptance and coming enforcement of that which is not only wrong but and an abomination against God (just like abortion is), see in this I see the collapse of society. I really do.

If you are not aware of this, you need to read this, a summary of what has happened in Massachusetts after "gay marriage" was adopted (and yes, I am aware of the reasons to use "redefining marriage" and that "gay marriage" is an oxymoron):

www.massresistance.org

This is what is coming. Be prepared to acquiesce to this kind of rot that threatens to engulf us, or be martyred (on some level).

--hide--

Pat, I'm glad you are raising this question though I don't know if a good answer exists out there. I have wondered if there were some state to go to where this insanity didn't exist I don't see much repentance on the horizon. I guess I am one of the pessimists who sees things getting worse. I think this country will go down a road very similar to Nazi Germany in the 30's only this time it will be the conservative Catholics and possibly some protestants who are rounded up. I see the possibility of this country having its own Reichstag moment, its own Kristallnacht. And I do think there will be martyrdom as well.

03/13/2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Absolutely true!One of the sad aspects, though, is that a large share of those who identify a...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Absolutely true!
One of the sad aspects, though, is that a large share of those who identify as homosexual probably aren't...but are living the lifestyle. Similarly, efforts like the "marriage" laws make it look like this behavior is normal...which leads people who aren't sure of their orientation down the wrong road.

--hide--

Why would someone live as a homosexual if they were not? I haven't heard of that before.

03/13/2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: I'd like to say that the concept of consent would prevent beastality gaining a tract...

I'd like to say that the concept of consent would prevent beastality gaining a traction within law, as the animal can't consent it can't be classed as a legal relationship. But all it would take would be for some clever animal shagger to come forward and argue that his animal isn't being harmed by it, or that as a form of property, a person can do whatever they want with an animal.

There's a saying, a little judgemental and probably a bit uncharitable:

If God doesn't hurry up and judge our society, he's going to have to apologise to Sodom and Gomorrah.

Frankly, those old timey sinners, ain't got nothing on us. Nothing.

--hide--

I often wonder if our global economic downturn (for lack of a better term) isn't the beginning of that divine judgement?

Posts 71 - 80 of 200