Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Weekly Responders

Mar 11th 2013 new

I am not one of those people that expects a response right away but I noticed there are two types of people who respond. Those that do so weekly and those that do so daily or every other day. I find myself feeling obligated to respond to the weekly responders but after a few messages I lose interest.

I respond a lot better to those that actually take the time to respond as daily or every other day as I do. I notice some are only on once or twice a week but it is hard for me to remember them and keep interest. Any thoughts?

Mar 11th 2013 new

(Quote) David-622846 said: I am not one of those people that expects a response right away but I noticed there are two types...
(Quote) David-622846 said:

I am not one of those people that expects a response right away but I noticed there are two types of people who respond. Those that do so weekly and those that do so daily or every other day. I find myself feeling obligated to respond to the weekly responders but after a few messages I lose interest.

I respond a lot better to those that actually take the time to respond as daily or every other day as I do. I notice some are only on once or twice a week but it is hard for me to remember them and keep interest. Any thoughts?

--hide--

I imagine People respond at their level of Interest in the other person. scratchchin

Mar 11th 2013 new

Is this all the time?
Because you know, a great many people only access CM on Sundays during Lent. And some folks give it up completely for Lent.

Mar 11th 2013 new

(Quote) David-622846 said:I respond a lot better to those that actually take the time to respond as daily or every other day as I d...
(Quote) David-622846 said:I respond a lot better to those that actually take the time to respond as daily or every other day as I do.
--hide--

First, one has to have daily correspondence with which to respond.

Mar 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: First, one has to have daily correspondence with which to respond.
(Quote) Beverly-936499 said:

First, one has to have daily correspondence with which to respond.

--hide--

wise words indeed! wave

Mar 11th 2013 new

I answer right away because the REPLY button is right there. If I don't reply right away I'm in danger of never replying.. I figure if someone takes a week to reply back to me that says everything about their level of interest. Not much interested in my view.

Mar 11th 2013 new

If lots of people give up CM for Lent, then all I can say is no wonder so many of us are single.

The search for your vocation is not something that one puts on hiatus, I feel.

If CM is an addiction, like too much TV, that is a different matter I guess.

I am of the "touch it once" system of keeping my life organized, so I respond right now to everything I get. If I have to get back to it, who knows when that will be, so as Donna said, the reply button is right there.

If someone writes me once a week, I would lose interest in that too.

If they are so busy that they only pursue their vocation once a week, they are 1) too busy for me, and 2) not pursuing their vocation with enough focus for my taste.

Answer the messages people! Your vocation is depending upon it! soapbox

Mar 11th 2013 new

The goal of writing is to work towards meeting in person. I'll usually ask to meet for a casual coffee as soon as I get the sense we would have a good conversation in real life.

I do struggle a bit with once a week communication because my mind usually builds up all of these follow up questions and things I want to say but after a few days I forget it all and its like I'm starting from scratch again.

But I would advise you to hunker down and reply anyways I generally don't like being the one who ends communication. I've gotten to meet a few who responded even less frequently than once a week and I was quite surprised how well things went in real life.

Mar 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: If lots of people give up CM for Lent, then all I can say is no wonder so many of us are single. ...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

If lots of people give up CM for Lent, then all I can say is no wonder so many of us are single.

The search for your vocation is not something that one puts on hiatus, I feel.

If CM is an addiction, like too much TV, that is a different matter I guess.

I am of the "touch it once" system of keeping my life organized, so I respond right now to everything I get. If I have to get back to it, who knows when that will be, so as Donna said, the reply button is right there.

If someone writes me once a week, I would lose interest in that too.

If they are so busy that they only pursue their vocation once a week, they are 1) too busy for me, and 2) not pursuing their vocation with enough focus for my taste.

Answer the messages people! Your vocation is depending upon it!

--hide--

I never got the whole 'taking time off for Lent' thing either.

Mar 11th 2013 new

Well if one writes once a week it would be easy to lose interest. It also says to me that person is too busy to communicate and is really not interested. I respond to messages when I receive them. I wonder if those that say they have not met anyone on CM are weekly communicators or if they take longer to respond ? Do those that respond to messages fairly quickly have an advantage over those that do not respond until a week or longer of having received a message?

Posts 1 - 10 of 38