Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

May 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: I just saw this thread! I'm only 1 1/2 hours from Pittsburgh! Is this open to newbies? <...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

I just saw this thread! I'm only 1 1/2 hours from Pittsburgh! Is this open to newbies?

--hide--

Absolutely Rachel! biggrin We are gathering though in Wheeling WV though this Sunday. Sort of a Sunday in the surrounding Pittsburgh area LOL!!! tongue

May 3rd 2013 new

Rachel over the past several years I had several opportunities to meet some great folks like Zoom (in WV) and Clara (in Ohio), plus Barb and Renee (in PA) - - get togethers for dinners, movies, etc. We don't get together as often as we should, but we do get together and we have a nice time...

You are more than welcomed to join us anytime, or if there's something you want to do, make a suggestion and we can always try to gather up some folks! The whole idea came to me when I would sit at home on the weekends and then had too many "duh, should have had a V-8 moments" about the weekend. Like, duh it was a really nice weekend, I should have went to the zoo, or the aviary, or the movies, take a walk, etc....and I thought to myself, I bet I'm not the only one that is sitting at home either, perhaps some single folks would like to get together and do these things. That's when I put out the post last year. We went to Phipps Conversatory. Others went shopping in Washington Cty (Tanger Outlets) and made a Sarris run for ice cream. And a group went to the Pirate game too! It would be nice if we did this every quarter (3 months) or so would be great.

I know Zoom and I are movie buddies wink even last year we both went to CM Chicago and flew back to Pittsburgh. Clara and I went to dinner and watched a Steeler game one night. Renee and I met another CMer for dinner a few times. So, it's been absolutely wonderful to get together with folks that live closeby!

Have a great weekend!!! wave

May 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Michelle-641892 said: Absolutely Rachel! We are gathering though in Wheeling WV though this Sunday. Sort of ...
(Quote) Michelle-641892 said:

Absolutely Rachel! We are gathering though in Wheeling WV though this Sunday. Sort of a Sunday in the surrounding Pittsburgh area LOL!!!

--hide--

One of these days we need to have a gathering down in the Morgantown/Fairmont/Clarksburg area.

May 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Michelle-641892 said: I know Zoom and I are movie buddies even last year we both went...

[snip]

I know Zoom and I are movie buddies even last year we both went to CM Chicago and flew back to Pittsburgh. Clara and I went to dinner and watched a Steeler game one night. Renee and I met another CMer for dinner a few times. So, it's been absolutely wonderful to get together with folks that live closeby!

--hide--

Yep, and on the 16th, Michelle and I will be boarding the Enterprise for the new Star Trek movie vulcan

May 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: Yep, and on the 16th, Michelle and I will be boarding the Enterprise for the new Star...
(Quote) Edward-4511 said:

Yep, and on the 16th, Michelle and I will be boarding the Enterprise for the new Star Trek movie

--hide--

Hope I don't get Lost in Space wink tongue

May 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: One of these days we need to have a gathering down in the Morgantown/Fairmont/Clarksb...

One of these days we need to have a gathering down in the Morgantown/Fairmont/Clarksburg area.

--hide--

Yes, we talked about that too....perhaps later in the summer crossfingers (June and July are pretty booked for me - I'll fill you in this weekend Zoom)

May 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Michelle-641892 said: Yes, we talked about that too....perhaps later in the summer (June and July are pretty...

Yes, we talked about that too....perhaps later in the summer (June and July are pretty booked for me - I'll fill you in this weekend Zoom)

--hide--

That's fine ... I figure by August my wallet will have pretty much recovered from my New Orleans/Memphis trip tongue

May 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: (Quote) Michelle-641892 said: Yes, we talked about that too....perh...

Quote:
Michelle-641892 said:

Yes, we talked about that too....perhaps later in the summer (June and July are pretty booked for me - I'll fill you in this weekend Zoom)

That's fine ... I figure by August my wallet will have pretty much recovered from my New Orleans/Memphis trip

--hide--

The West Virginia Italian Heritage Festival, in Clarksburg, would be a good idea for a get-together IMO. It's held every year on Labor Day weekend.

May 3rd 2013 new

That sounds like fun, although I'm not sure what I'm doing that weekend yet...sometimes I'm with my parent's then, but last year I ran off to Indy shhh

May 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Michelle-641892 said: Zoom - Mass at St. Joseph's is at 10:30am. I don't know how far Cheddar's is away ...

Zoom - Mass at St. Joseph's is at 10:30am. I don't know how far Cheddar's is away from there, but you will probably be waiting for us to get there, but not too long I imagine (within 30 minutes).

--hide--

I'm not sure how long Mass will be, but it will only take us about 10-15 minutes to get to Cheddars. Hopefully, we could be there by 12:00 p.m.

Posts 41 - 50 of 75