Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

May 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: I just saw this thread! I'm only 1 1/2 hours from Pittsburgh! Is this open to newbies? <...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

I just saw this thread! I'm only 1 1/2 hours from Pittsburgh! Is this open to newbies?

--hide--

We'd love to have you join us, Rachel. It would be nice to meet someone new!!

May 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Michelle-641892 said: I think then mini-golf is out....I just called and she doesn't believe it's friendly. ...
(Quote) Michelle-641892 said:

I think then mini-golf is out....I just called and she doesn't believe it's friendly. I spoke with the woman at the Good Zoo (if that's something that we had in mind) and first it's $9 admission. She said there are hills but there's a shuttle this weekend that can take us to the different parts of the zoo and we just have to give them a tip

--hide--

Thanks for checking on this, Michelle. I was thinking about calling the park, but I didn't have any time today to do it. I know lots of folks take their kids in strollers through the zoo. I can't remember for sure how steep the hills are since it's been a few years since I've been there. We'll see how it goes and use the shuttle if need be.

May 6th 2013 new

thumbsup

Well we had a great time! Clara and I met for Mass at St. Joseph Cathedral in Wheeling, then drove to Cheddars and met up with Zoom and had a wonderful and yummy lunch! Next we drove to the Good Zoo at Ogleby and had lots of fun, especially with the loriqeets (parrots)

Oh, then we headed to Cold Stone creamery for a little treat wink

All and all, I think it was a complete success!!! It was an absolutely beautiful day...saw alot of different kinds of animals and got to spend some time with friends hug

Hopefully we can have a few more people at the next little gathering crossfingers but no matter what we do, we always enjoy each others company hug wave

May 6th 2013 new
(Quote) Michelle-641892 said: Well we had a great time! Clara and I met for Mass at St. Joseph Cathedral in Wheeling, then drove...

Well we had a great time! Clara and I met for Mass at St. Joseph Cathedral in Wheeling, then drove to Cheddars and met up with Zoom and had a wonderful and yummy lunch! Next we drove to the Good Zoo at Ogleby and had lots of fun, especially with the loriqeets (parrots)

Oh, then we headed to Cold Stone creamery for a little treat

All and all, I think it was a complete success!!! It was an absolutely beautiful day...saw alot of different kinds of animals and got to spend some time with friends

Hopefully we can have a few more people at the next little gathering but no matter what we do, we always enjoy each others company

--hide--
And Michelle got quite a workout pushing my Rolling Along up some of the hills in the zoo. A few times I was concerned that she might be over-exerting herself.
May 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: And Michelle got quite a workout pushing my up some of the hills in the zoo. A few times I was concerned ...
(Quote) Edward-4511 said: And Michelle got quite a workout pushing my up some of the hills in the zoo. A few times I was concerned that she might be over-exerting herself.
--hide--

It was okay wink Got my exercise for the day tongue Didn't mind at all biggrin

May 7th 2013 new
Sounds like y'all had a great time doing fun stuff. Wished I'd learned of earlier. Hope get in on planning sooner for next one! cool
May 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Michelle-641892 said: Well we had a great time! Clara and I met for Mass at St. Joseph Cathedral in Wheeling, then d...

Oh, then we headed to Cold Stone creamery for a little treat

All and all, I think it was a complete success!!! It was an absolutely beautiful day...saw alot of different kinds of animals and got to spend some time with friends

Hopefully we can have a few more people at the next little gathering but no matter what we do, we always enjoy each others company

--hide--

We did have a GREAT time!! Here's some pictures from the day!!

St. Joseph Cathedral, Wheeling, WV

"St. Joseph Cathedral, Wheeling, WV"

The hawk at the Good Zoo

"The hawk at the Good Zoo"

A couple of the lorikeets at the Good Zoo

"A couple of the lorikeets at the Good Zoo"

Can you tell it's a zebra??

"Can you tell it's a zebra??"

The parrot at the Good Zoo

"The parrot at the Good Zoo"

May 13th 2013 new

I am glad you had a great time. Are there any more events scheduled?

May 14th 2013 new

Great photos Clara!!!!! clap clap clap

May 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Jim-826315 said: I am glad you had a great time. Are there any more events scheduled?
(Quote) Jim-826315 said:

I am glad you had a great time. Are there any more events scheduled?

--hide--

We did have a great time Jim biggrin We don't have anything else scheduled, but as you know, anyone can pull a group together....so if you have an idea, put it out there in the forums and see who's interested...I know a couple of times last year I wasn't able to make it, so whoever is available sort of gathers together crossfingers

Posts 51 - 60 of 75