Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Mar 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Brian-179089 said: Mari,God Bless you on your journey for spiritual clarity, refinement, and for your ab...
(Quote) Brian-179089 said:

Mari,

God Bless you on your journey for spiritual clarity, refinement, and for your ability to pray and to forgive. It is always a challenge to "turn the other cheek" when we have been offended or hurt, as Jesus taught us.

I was in a similar situation recently with a career move - I guess when I didn't put enough prayer and love and forgiveness into the situation, and brought the workplace problems to light with management, I found myself the one to be sacrificed and let go, instead of the other parties involved, even though myself and another co-worker were tactful and respectful. Management and companies have a funny way of dealing with such things.

In all things, Mari, pray, forgive, pray, and forgive again! Pray for the people and management you work with - that they may see your true faith in God, and their hearts will not be hardened. I pray that whatever you are facing, and what you will do, by your example and witness, that others will have the courage to leave, to speak up, and to forgive, and move on. Good luck and blessings onyour new endeavor, and the wonderful, radical, and holy way your will be serving others and growing in your own faith! My prayers are with you and the people you work with. Be blessed to be a blessing!

--hide--

Thanks, Brian for sharing your story. hug We tend to think we're the only ones when we are in trouble.

Oh, My... I HAD FORGOTTEN TO PRAY FOR THEM! You brought to mind that the difference between Christians and the rest is that we LOVE our enemies (not only those we've hurt, but those ho have hurt us).

Mari theheart

Mar 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: Prayers that you are blessed with a forgiving heart and peace in your life....
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: Prayers that you are blessed with a forgiving heart and peace in your life....
--hide--

Thanks, Brenda...You nailed it (as in His Holy Nails): Peace is what my sould longs for.

theheart Mari

Mar 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Mari-894290 said: Thanks, Ray. You are always insightful. since I'm a nerd & absolutely love wo...
(Quote) Mari-894290 said:

Thanks, Ray. You are always insightful. since I'm a nerd & absolutely love words, here's the definition of revenge that I "liked" best: "1. The act of taking vengeance for injuries or wrongs; retaliation." I picked this one because it includes retaliation.

I hope some issues will be corrected, like paying for overtime & 24 hr shifts, and due compensation for working on national holidyas. These practices will remain until someone stops them.

I cannot remain anonymous on this. Lawyers have to be drawn in. Nevertheless, I have chosen to do as little as possible so I won't "fight back". I feel like I have a machete in hand, and I'm opening a trail for those who work with me. They will get the respect any worker deserves.

I went to that place for a week, starting Ash Wednesday, to go to daily Mass, etc. I even, on a whim, went on a pilgrimage. One day, after Mass, the oldest nun greeted me. I told her: "Please, Madre, pray for me. I want to come live here and work with you". I don't think I have ever seen such a smile! She was spechless!!! She does not know me personally, but she knows mom & stepdad. Both are Lectors, & mom is Extraordinary Miniters of Communion. I have "done the rounds" with her before in Panama & the town. To se the faces of the elderly or the sick when one enters the room!!! Glorious!!! Some are sooooo poor, yet they get flowers from the garden and light a candle by a Crucifix, the statue of a Saint, or a card.

You see, this in sot Plan B! I'll be offering all the love I have to His Children until He finds someone for me to walk towards Him through the service in His vineyard.

Mari

--hide--
There are obvious wrongs being committed by your present employer.

Reporting this information to the proper sources should hopefully put an end to it.

At this point, you are fighting inward anger, and it's almost a natural reflex action to "get even". Many people think such thoughts but don't act on them.

You have the ability to put an end to the injustices being thrust upon innocent, powerless victims. You will need to decide what prevails in your mind and heart: justice or revenge. One choice is good (but difficult); the other will not bring about the peace that you seek. It's comparable to doing the right thing for the wrong reason.

A suggestion would be to settle in with your new job, continue to prayerfully reflect on the situation, talk to the priests or the good nuns that will surround you.

You also need to determine what the right thing to do will be. Leave it rest and perhaps feel guilty about it later on, or help end the abuses. Again, whatever you do should be for the right reason.

Peace and blessings,

Ray

Mar 12th 2013 new

Praying rosary "Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you, Allelujah". Pray and contemplate first, Mari. There will be time in the future to be a "whistle-blower" if it is needed. The truth never gets "old"...

Mar 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Mari-894290 said: Dear CM Friends: As some of you know, I'm quitting my job. By July I shoud have moved t...

Dear CM Friends:

As some of you know, I'm quitting my job. By July I shoud have moved to the countryside to work in a little town inside a dormant volcano to work with the Parish priest and the few nuns who tend to the sick, the extremely poor and the elderly (sometimes all packed into one person).

I know that there is a very fine line bewteen Justice and revenge (note that I don't capitalize it). Management is trampling all over everyone in the office, and I'm the only one with the guts / freedom to say: Enough.

My "problem" is that I have so much political clout that I just have to make one phone call and they willl have so many inspectors, that the company will pay a lot of fines, and shake all the way to Spain (our main offices) and Abu Dhabi (our owners).

I feel that I'm standing over a cliff, and I'm afraid to fall into a pit. It's my soul's life that's at stake. I understand perfectly well that this temptation has come to me now that I subscribed again for a month, and I'm learning / remembering what being a Child of God is all about; I'm trying to pray the 54 day Novena & go to daily Mass (can't always, but try); I adopted a Cardinal for the Conclave and more... above all, it's Lent!

I don't want to be selfish and ask for prayers today, of ll days, when I wish we were all in a retreat praying for the Conclave, but I'm really in a life or death situation.

"And do not be afraid of those who kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul. But instead fear him who is able to destroy both soul and body in Hell." Mt 10:28

Bless you all,

Mari

--hide--

just another point of view here.. Your post does not say you are being downsized out or being made to leave but sounds like you're leaving of your own volition, which by it's nature would not justify "revenge". On the other hand, if all your co-workers are clamoring about an unhealthy work enviornment then it's incumbent upon everyone to get together and voice their concern to upper management. If you were nominated as their spokesperson then yes that would be you, and hopefully some of the "injustices" could be corrected. Praying scratchchin two cents

Mar 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: There are obvious wrongs being committed by your present employer. Reporting this informatio...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

There are obvious wrongs being committed by your present employer.

Reporting this information to the proper sources should hopefully put an end to it.

At this point, you are fighting inward anger, and it's almost a natural reflex action to "get even". Many people think such thoughts but don't act on them.

You have the ability to put an end to the injustices being thrust upon innocent, powerless victims. You will need to decide what prevails in your mind and heart: justice or revenge. One choice is good (but difficult); the other will not bring about the peace that you seek. It's comparable to doing the right thing for the wrong reason.

A suggestion would be to settle in with your new job, continue to prayerfully reflect on the situation, talk to the priests or the good nuns that will surround you.

You also need to determine what the right thing to do will be. Leave it rest and perhaps feel guilty about it later on, or help end the abuses. Again, whatever you do should be for the right reason.

Peace and blessings,

Ray

--hide--

Thanks, Ray... Little by little you are all helping me sort out what is going on. I have anger and resentment, but not for the wrongs committed against me. My blood boils for the injustice agains those without a voice. I am working on shaking all negative feelings & toughts, but it's a process... that's why I asked for your Praying

I do not have a paid job waiting for me, nor am I seeking one. I will drop as many material junk I carry as possible. I have had A LOT and that never gave me hapinnes.

I'm being a woman version od Don Quixote de la Mancha.

hug Mari

Mar 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Dave-146273 said: just another point of view here.. Your post does not say you are being downsized out or b...
(Quote) Dave-146273 said:

just another point of view here.. Your post does not say you are being downsized out or being made to leave but sounds like you're leaving of your own volition, which by it's nature would not justify "revenge". On the other hand, if all your co-workers are clamoring about an unhealthy work enviornment then it's incumbent upon everyone to get together and voice their concern to upper management. If you were nominated as their spokesperson then yes that would be you, and hopefully some of the "injustices" could be corrected.

--hide--

Hi Dave.

A year a go I was asked to do a co-worker's Maternity Leave. According to our laws, I was to get her salary. I didn't. Then I was asked to stay as full time Sales person. I have waited patiently for 13 months for what was legally and morally due to me. I do think I have exercised patience. Last month the boss committed an injustice against a coworker. He has a family to support and cannot do anything about it. I said to myself: This is it! Almost everyone is on the same boat as him.

Our boss is a layer. He should know better. This was a ticking bomb. When I first talked to the company's lawyer (before getting my lawyers involved), I would have taken any $ and just left. But it's been over 3 weeks now. The lawyer keeps telling me that we'll meet tomorrow. This is not about Patience. It's about Justice.

hug Mari

Mar 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: "Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be ad...
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

"Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you, Allelujah". Pray and contemplate first, Mari. There will be time in the future to be a "whistle-blower" if it is needed. The truth never gets "old"...

--hide--

Thanks for the good advise: I'll keep contemplating so that I won't loose the goal, which is to go to Heaven. Today, I felt like Saint Peter sinking and asking Jesus to pull him out of the deep waters. That's why I asked for the help of this awesome commuity of praying people. I needed my brothers and sisters to protect, to shield the light in my candle because the winds were blowing at it with fierce strength.

hug Mari

Mar 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Mari-894290 said: Last month the boss committed an injustice against a coworker. He has a family to support and cann...

Last month the boss committed an injustice against a coworker. He has a family to support and cannot do anything about it. I said to myself: This is it! Almost everyone is on the same boat as him.

Our boss is a layer. He should know better. This was a ticking bomb. When I first talked to the company's lawyer (before getting my lawyers involved), I would have taken any $ and just left. But it's been over 3 weeks now. The lawyer keeps telling me that we'll meet tomorrow. This is not about Patience. It's about Justice.

Mari

--hide--

Mari, i commend you on being the voice of injustice and pray that you will find the right venue to voice these concerns, but without putting your own self in any more distress. Praying theheart We want you around here! biggrin hug

Mar 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Dave-146273 said: Mari, i commend you on being the voice of injustice and pray that you will find the right...
(Quote) Dave-146273 said:

Mari, i commend you on being the voice of injustice and pray that you will find the right venue to voice these concerns, but without putting your own self in any more distress. We want you around here!

--hide--

Thanks, Dave.

Everyone is appreciating my iniciative at work. I got a round of gourmet pizzas for lunch. Before I left, they asked what would I bring them tomorow when I hand in The Letter!!! laughing They have shown their gratitude for my stepping up to the plate.

I must report that I am beaming now! I am grateful for the Community of Saints that are praying for me. One of my immediate bosses told me that I had to do this for our old boss (RIP), who left the company working beautifully... We all wanted to retire from that company. So, when I say the Community of Saints, I really mean it: souls from above & below have carried me today.

theheart hug You get a Gold Star! Mari

Posts 11 - 20 of 85