Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for those who have lost a spouse and need support or who can provide support to those who have.

Saint Paula is the patron saint of widows and Saint Stephen is the patron saint of deacons
Learn More: Saint Stephen and Saint Paula

Widows and young ages

Mar 12th 2013 new

It's so amazing that men of ages 69 and above constantly look for 35 year olds and forget that women in their 70's
are very happy in their own skin. Some look old and some look much younger and love and live life.

My problem has always been men in their late 40's or early 50's who look for more than a beginning date. I don't
know how to react to this. I do not want to be a, I think it's called, a Couger. Oh my gosh.

We need a window of men over 68 and up for we older ladies who still want to dance, go to dinner, travel, boating
and just live a life with a nice gentleman.

Mar 12th 2013 new

(Quote) JoBeth-598183 said: It's so amazing that men of ages 69 and above constantly look for 35 year olds and forget th...
(Quote) JoBeth-598183 said:

It's so amazing that men of ages 69 and above constantly look for 35 year olds and forget that women in their 70's
are very happy in their own skin. Some look old and some look much younger and love and live life.

My problem has always been men in their late 40's or early 50's who look for more than a beginning date. I don't
know how to react to this. I do not want to be a, I think it's called, a Couger. Oh my gosh.

We need a window of men over 68 and up for we older ladies who still want to dance, go to dinner, travel, boating
and just live a life with a nice gentleman.

--hide--
If you're up for friendship, or CM penpals, age is irrelevant and the experience can bring a lot of enjoyment to those who participate. If you're interested in dating potential only and want to hold the younger group at bay, you can politely inform them that you regard the age difference as too significant. If they don't take the hint, you can be more blunt and tell them you're not interested.

Be glad you're getting some attention. You just don't know when someone might have an older, eligibile brother and that's the reason for the contact.

Mar 12th 2013 new

I'm definetly up for friendship and pen pals. My point is, too many younger men are looking for dating, meeting and more. I am
very polite and always respond with I'm looking for someone more in my age group. It is not that I have not tried. I would be
happy to be a pen pal if that is where they would like to leave it.

I have never come across one who has an older eligible brother or father for that matter. T'would be nice.

Thank you much for your response.

Mar 12th 2013 new

(Quote) JoBeth-598183 said: I'm definetly up for friendship and pen pals. My point is, too many younger men are looking ...
(Quote) JoBeth-598183 said:

I'm definetly up for friendship and pen pals. My point is, too many younger men are looking for dating, meeting and more. I am
very polite and always respond with I'm looking for someone more in my age group. It is not that I have not tried. I would be
happy to be a pen pal if that is where they would like to leave it.

I have never come across one who has an older eligible brother or father for that matter. T'would be nice.

Thank you much for your response.

--hide--

JoBeth, meet Ray. Ray meet JoBeth. lovestruck! biggrin

Mar 12th 2013 new

hahahahahaha, You are a wonder Marita. I love your quick thought. "You are too sweet" wave rose

Mar 12th 2013 new

Hi JoeBeth, I agree with you in fact I have written about this before when your a certain age most men stop looking at you because you make them feel old and their mothers are still alive and you remind them of her. I hate that and think they are very stupid to think like this, but what can you expect they are only men what would they know??I hate to be so dramaistic but it is the truth, perhaps we should have a site for only older woman or older men seeking older woman but no youngsters included. I have a lot of problems with this all the younger man like my profile and I delete them after I tell them Thank You! What else can you do? Nancy

Mar 12th 2013 new

Not much Nanci, You are correct in replying and bidding them adiou. I do agree with a senior site for men and women. I am alive, healthy, I am told full of fun and attractive. I like my age and who I am and I can see by the way you write you are the same way. I have not traveled in four years because most everyone my age feel like they are nearly deads. It is so true. I am retired when the lawyers get in over their heads...lol.

Good luck to you and I hope you do well. Stay in touch and let me know how you are doing.

JoBeth wave flower crossfingers

Mar 12th 2013 new

Whoops, sorry about the spelling.... My daughter is Nanci

Mar 12th 2013 new

(Quote) JoBeth-598183 said:. My point is, too many younger men are looking for dating, meeting and more.
(Quote) JoBeth-598183 said:. My point is, too many younger men are looking for dating, meeting and more.
--hide--
When you say "more", I'm thinking of the young guys who get you on chat because they want to sleep with someone who doesn't have to worry about birth control. Gross!

Mar 13th 2013 new

I have been single again for close to 10 years. Out of all the men I have dated only 2 were older than me. The youngest was 7 years younger, and the man I am dating now is 3 years younger.

Posts 1 - 10 of 14