Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Mar 13th 2013 new

(Quote) William-607613 said: A dog will literally lay down its life for you...
(Quote) William-607613 said:

A dog will literally lay down its life for you...

--hide--
I had a Jack Russell for 15 years. Fearless little 20 lb dog who was afraid of only one thing. Trash trucks. I still remember the day I had him with me on the patio of a coffeehouse when a trash truck rolled up and started emptying the bins in the back of the property. He stood between me and this perceived threat, showing teeth, growling and barking while shaking like a leaf the whole time.

As the truck rolled a few yards over to the next bin, he continued standing rigidly, watching it until it turned the corner. Only then he relaxed, settling himself down next to my chair, but he wouldn't take his gaze off the corner where he last saw the truck. laughing

Mar 13th 2013 new

(Quote) John-146319 said: I had a Jack Russell for 15 years. Fearless little 20 lb dog who was afraid of only one thing. Tra...
(Quote) John-146319 said:

I had a Jack Russell for 15 years. Fearless little 20 lb dog who was afraid of only one thing. Trash trucks. I still remember the day I had him with me on the patio of a coffeehouse when a trash truck rolled up and started emptying the bins in the back of the property. He stood between me and this perceived threat, showing teeth, growling and barking while shaking like a leaf the whole time.

As the truck rolled a few yards over to the next bin, he continued standing rigidly, watching it until it turned the corner. Only then he relaxed, settling himself down next to my chair, but he wouldn't take his gaze off the corner where he last saw the truck.

--hide--
that reminds me of my german shepherd heidi, she would follow the lawnmower around and try to bite it as i cut the grass!!!

Mar 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Jane-933948 said: that reminds me of my german shepherd heidi, she would follow the lawnmower around and try to bite...
(Quote) Jane-933948 said:

that reminds me of my german shepherd heidi, she would follow the lawnmower around and try to bite it as i cut the grass!!!

--hide--

I love them both but cats are way easier to take care of. And my cat was an affectionate little guy. When I took a nap he curled up beside me. I delivered him so that might account for why we had that bond.

Mar 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Jessica-897416 said: Alright the battle is on, who is better, dogs or cats? You can post a video or a statement show...
(Quote) Jessica-897416 said:

Alright the battle is on, who is better, dogs or cats? You can post a video or a statement showing who you like better. My vote goes for dogs because dogs are happy and they think you are the best person in the world even if you are grumpy, when you come home from school or work your dogs will be there licking your face and jumping around and they cant wait to see you, while cats don’t notice if you are there or not as long as they get their food.

--hide--

Mar 14th 2013 new

I like both equally. I currently have a cat, she's fantastic, got her own little cat personality that's like no other cat I've met before.

I do want some pet dogs, though, but currently not in a situation where I could give them a good life. But I really love the big dogs, those little rats you put in purses are just silly.

I did have 11 rats once, and they're great, very intelligent.

Mar 14th 2013 new

I like both equally. I currently have a cat, she's fantastic, got her own little cat personality that's like no other cat I've met before.

I do want some pet dogs, though, but currently not in a situation where I could give them a good life. But I really love the big dogs, those little rats you put in purses are just silly.

I did have 11 rats once, and they're great, very intelligent.

Mar 14th 2013 new

Our newest family member, Toto

"Our newest family member, Toto"

Willy our tortoise shell tabby

"Willy our tortoise shell tabby"

Tiger hanging out in the boy's football pads

"Tiger hanging out in the boy's football pads"

As you can see, I love critters and it doesn't have to just be cats and dogs. My first cat was a big old Tom cat who valiantly tried to protect me whenever I'd cry. Mom used to say how he'd try to attack her if I starting crying or screaming while she was trying to give me a bath. Thankfully, Mom's elbows survived to wash me another day. At the same time, we had a German Shepard who I loved to play with in the kiddie pool and share leftover pancakes with out on the back step.

Currently, my dog, Toto, is everything wonderful that you would expect from a dog. She's loyal and sticks close to me - just in case I need back-up. She's even tempered, very loving and rarely barks. She loves to play and actually plays with the cats a great deal. One minute she's chasing them around the house and then the next lap, one of them will be chasing her! She often curls up and sleeps with a cat or rolls shamelessly around on the floor playing with a cat. My son and I joke that Toto seems to think that she is a cat!

Willy, the tortoise shell tabby is your traditional 'I'll come to you on my terms' sort of cat. She's full of love'n, but when she wants to, not before. Tiger, our large tom cat is actually a giant luv bug. I helped deliver him and he apparently really imprinted on me. When he's not out making his neighborhood rounds all night, you can generally find him snuggling right up beside me with his cold, wet nose pressed hard against my cheek, his front paws stretched out to encircle my neck while he gently, repeatedly squeezes them (thankfully, he's de-clawed or that could get interesting) like he's trying to hug me or pull me closer. And he just purrs and purrs and purrs for hours. Well, if that doesn't make you feel loved to your core, I don't know what will!

I see the pros and cons of both dogs and cats and would hate to be forced to make a choice between one or the other. Traveling with cats is something I will generally only do for more than a few blocks unless I'm being held at gunpoint, whereas the dog can be good company on a drive. That being said; you can leave for a weekend and just leave food, water and a couple of liter boxes out and the cats don't care one bit. Doesn't work so good with a dog, and if you can't take the dog with you, then you have to find a sitter of some sort.

Any way you slice it, I don't think you can get more unconditional love than from a pet, whichever ones you prefer. heart

Mar 14th 2013 new

My vote goes for cats as I have had 4 over my lifetime so far. Layla my current brown tabby will likely outlive me. I grew up w/farm dogs so like them to but having to exercise them in the pouring rain or snow is not much fun. Cats are easier.I go mine as a feral kitten ( the mama catwas hauled off by animal srvices to be euthonized) Layla learned to wear a harness so she could go outside on a leash . Pet owners mostly need to be resposible. When I was very ill w/my breast cancer she was by my side every night somewtimes even laying on my chest if I was not getting out of bed .She I'm sure would have know the moment if I had passed away. Either way growing up w/some type of pet is good for all kids.

Mar 14th 2013 new

My now ( deceased parents ) in the UK had 2 Jack Russels. Cute as buttons but they were only nice to their master and would growl in a low tone whenever one of the grandkids got near them.

Mar 14th 2013 new
(Quote) Jessica-897416 said: Alright the battle is on, who is better, dogs or cats? You can post a video or a statement showing who you li...
(Quote) Jessica-897416 said:

Alright the battle is on, who is better, dogs or cats? You can post a video or a statement showing who you like better. My vote goes for dogs because dogs are happy and they think you are the best person in the world even if you are grumpy, when you come home from school or work your dogs will be there licking your face and jumping around and they cant wait to see you, while cats don’t notice if you are there or not as long as they get their food.

--hide--

a giant dog wont harm its master. a similar sized act would kill you any time only reason your cat doesnt tear you aoart is because its too small
Posts 11 - 20 of 61